Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I know about telling everyone in guild how I snapped a small chunk of bone off near my elbow. They thought it was from lifting weights.

that said I took a few injections. Doing PT. Could not fucking get it to stop aching daily. Stopped PoE about a month or so ago? Today I set 1 rep max in two different curls after running at 50% of my pre-injury workout weights since November last year. Arm feels good as new. Saw doctor today. Talking to my PT and doctor, and both told me super repetitive mouse clicking uses the same tendons or whatever that were inflamed from the Injury

TL DR - had to stop PoE to get my arm to heal from a workout injury.
I do several sets of various angle forearm curls at every workout to keep in peak video gaming condition.

That is not a joke.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I do several sets of various angle forearm curls at every workout to keep in peak video gaming condition.

That is not a joke.
The part I left out was how my dumbass kept lifting weights with a chunk of bone broken off in my arm. It’s broken into gravel now so we good.

• 1Worf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The part I left out was how my dumbass kept lifting weights with a chunk of bone broken off in my arm. It’s broken into gravel now so we good.
In my late 20's I repeatedly partially tore my right achilles playing offensive and defensive line in the high end flag football league in Alberta until I had a ball of scar tissue the size of a robin's egg. I am with you.

By the by I did physio and ultrasounded the tissue down, but eventually blew it completely (when I was 47) stepping back for a jump shot in my sister's driveway.

Our chronic injuries are like fingerprints of our life. We are defined by the inventory of our injuries.

And, to the thread, so is Path of Exile.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Played Glad/Bleed SST to red maps and I just don't like it very much as a skill. It's too much hard work to play, I'm lazy as fuck that's why I normally favour mines or totems. Seems like it will scale well, was straight murdering T11-T12 maps in no gear at all and with the shitty lioneyes shield. Think I'm gonna try Octavian's Holy Relic build, his builds are normally decent and the stuff for this build will only cost a couple ex.

The league's growing on me, but I need to find a build I like. Preferably not meta and something different.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Holy Relic can definitely scale to a silly degree. It's kinda like dom blow. Dom blow clears faster with feeding frenzy, but you don't have the downside of trying to tickle your sentinels out of the boss. I wonder if Cyclone feels comparatively less sluggish now.

SST *feels* like tossing a frisbee. I like MTX as much as the next person, but I'll play a build if it's mechanically superior or conceptually interesting. And even then, I could not get over how dinky that stupid shield sounded. I'll revisit the build when I have some currency to dump into it. The game was being stingy on shield drops. I think they improved its hitbox, but I still don't like having to aim!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm about to make my third alt but haven't bothered farming maps. I'm just messing with different skills as starters. I feel zero added difficulty in act1 but I expected as much. TTK is longer, of course, which adds to what GGG did accomplish. They just made the game more annoying. I can see some of the annoyance being reduced with gear/density/minmaxing but why they want to add more tedium to the acts is beyond me. I'm glad they're walking back on some of it but I'm not sure what that really means.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rhoas fucking you up in the mud flats was the only added difficulty. And that was likely the evasion rating nerf.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rhoas fucking you up in the mud flats was the only added difficulty. And that was likely the evasion rating nerf.
What's funny is I usually die to Brutus/Merveil a shit ton, and I only died to Brutus once and didn't die on Merveil at all. My second character I died 3 or 4 times in mudflats.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The best part is the Act 1 mobs got buffed and it applies to their versions in maps. Hence the coming Goatmen nerf. Fucking Rhoas would just show up on top of your corpse because they'd get so much attack speed. The goatmen leapslam for half your health + molten core for the rest combo was pretty bad too. Mathil's HC rip was most likely due to this because he died to a rare rattlecage, an Act 1 monster with powerful crits.

Fucked around with Doryani's Fist totems last night a little. Definitely going to be something for some one. Pretty awesome with 5 of them with multistrike, just a fuck ton of TOUCH OF GODs everywhere.

Expeditions feel slightly off in terms of loot generated in comparison to Ritual/Ultimatum, but logbooks can be pretty nuts IF you don't fuck yourself with too hard of a chain. I had something like always crits, always impales, always poisons, immune to all ailments, cannot be hindered, etc expedition and I had one portal left by the time I completed it. Definitely a cost-benefit analyisis to be had. Running around for 5 minutes looking at all the nodes and trying to figure out how to synergize is cool in thought, but takes a bit too long to actually execute. I'm thinking this gets changed somehow in either the 1 week patch or the 4 week patch.

Overall besides expedition the game feels pretty much the same past act 1 to me. The freeze flask shit was annoying, but they're reverting that so it really will feel the same. That said I am a Chieftain totem build which is pretty smooth brain and very strong so I wouldn't feel the sting as much as some other builds. I did play Molten Strike until act 4 or 5 and it felt perfectly fine, but I got a Limbsplit in Act 2 so that helped a great amount.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I haven't had a single logbook drop yet and I'm in maps now so starting to wonder if my loot filter has a problem or if I'm doing something wrong.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I haven't had a single logbook drop yet and I'm in maps now so starting to wonder if my loot filter has a problem or if I'm doing something wrong.

I've had 3 logbooks drop total from game start, and I'm level 82 in yellow maps atm. One of them dropped at level 40ish.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I came across this profile when looking at skills/builds. Is this some big brain hexblast? That looks like 7 skills before even hitting hexblast on a boss. But, the dmg looks interesting for the investment.

Edit: I missed the trigger mod on the gloves reducing 3 of the skills.

Last edited:

Caeden

I came across this profile when looking at skills/builds. Is this some big brain hexblast? That looks like 7 skills before even hitting hexblast on a boss. But, the dmg looks interesting for the investment.

Edit: I missed the trigger mod on the gloves reducing 3 of the skills.
Most interesting build I’ve seen.

Fucker

Log Wizard
In my late 20's I repeatedly partially tore my right achilles playing offensive and defensive line in the high end flag football league in Alberta until I had a ball of scar tissue the size of a robin's egg. I am with you.

By the by I did physio and ultrasounded the tissue down, but eventually blew it completely (when I was 47) stepping back for a jump shot in my sister's driveway.

Our chronic injuries are like fingerprints of our life. We are defined by the inventory of our injuries.

And, to the thread, so is Path of Exile.
I got hit by a car a long time ago. ER doctor remarked that I'm going to feel it when I'm older. She wasn't wrong. Sometimes when I am going down the steps, it sounds like there's a big horse behind me chewing on a bucket of fresh cartilage.

• 1Worf

Caeden

How so? Am I missing something? It looks like a glass cannon that still has to precurse everything while clearing.
Wait. I was thinking with hexblast having the hex tag it’d trigger. But it doesn’t. Less interesting build now. I guess even then you’d still double tap. Still that’s a lot of curses.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Played Glad/Bleed SST to red maps and I just don't like it very much as a skill. It's too much hard work to play, I'm lazy as fuck that's why I normally favour mines or totems. Seems like it will scale well, was straight murdering T11-T12 maps in no gear at all and with the shitty lioneyes shield. Think I'm gonna try Octavian's Holy Relic build, his builds are normally decent and the stuff for this build will only cost a couple ex.

The league's growing on me, but I need to find a build I like. Preferably not meta and something different.

I'm about to reroll after just getting into maps (as is tradition) and was considering that or a similar build, bleed or impale. What do you mean with hard to play? If it is too bothersome it might not be for me, since I just dropped ice trap sab for being too squishy and annoying in practice.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm about to reroll after just getting into maps (as is tradition) and was considering that or a similar build, bleed or impale. What do you mean with hard to play? If it is too bothersome it might not be for me, since I just dropped ice trap sab for being too squishy and annoying in practice.

Never said it was hard to play, I said it was hard work to play. Lots of aiming and jumping around as it's a sort of melee/ranged hybrid. Squishy it isn't, so if you're after something tanky take look at Steelmage's version that was posted on Ziz's channel. It's also very smooth cause it's blood magic based so you don't have to worry about mana.

Speaking of that, is there any build that isn't clunky as fuck now? I'm honestly thinking about rerolling totems, they seem about the smoothest option in the game right now.