Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Dear Diary:

So I watched my kid playing a game I quit in frustration and I realized that I am definitely getting less patient with games as I age. He was happily grinding attempts on a mission I just ragequit on after 2 attempts.

I am just now getting into red maps and running out of steam in PoE. Got my 5L set up and all the secondary stuff around lvl 17-19 at 20% qual, haven't really spent any time min/maxing my defenses yet, still haven't even done my Uber lab. The build is starting to show improvements in power - last league the SST build was clunky until about this same point when it suddenly clicked and started kicking ass. I am not there yet.

I know I played Ultimatum pretty obsessively almost to the end of the league, farming T15+ maps on a Cyclone build, but since I have not had the drive. I am not sure if it is me or the meh league effects. "Why not both" meme applies.

I've had 2 raw exalts drop and I don't even have the energy to see what I should spend them on. Getting old sucks! I am going to go back to my chair on the porch to make sure no one walks on my lawn.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've decided this league fucking sucks. There's a lot of good going on with the new tree and remade atlas etc, but scourge itself is a travesty. It's like Legion all over again only way worse?

All your incentive is in raw mob quantity, with no consideration for the level/tier of content. It doesn't scale up krangling your items faster doing tier 16 maps over tier 2 maps, it only cares about the flat number of mobs you kill. You don't roll better or higher tier krangle mobs or anything, all you get is your shit pushed in because red map mobs doing 100+% more damage is instant death, compared to white map mobs that mean nothing.

It's not even about rewards, because the rewards are there. They are just horribly mis-aligned with with the rest of the game and the best way to utilize scourge is a fucking deadeye windripper fag with 2500 life and a quad tab full of tower maps. It's so fucking stupid, just like vaal ice nova glaciers all over again because they apparently learned nothing from that.

Last edited:
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely file a whole bunch of this league under "mistakes made again". Good thing this time is that there's no content(Legion 4-ways) that you're effectively priced out of.

That said, why do you feel compelled to participate in the farming rat race? I agree it sucks that others playing affects you since that will devalue your currency(see Heist league), but generally, GGG showers you with so much fucking loot that unless you're looking to buy one of those new uniques or just dump 100's of exalts into your character, it shouldn't matter too much.

It's a good thing those new uniques don't enable builds that are...unique. The Squire might at some point, and maybe Stasis Prison. Gating content behind 100's of exalts is a bad idea, but it's going to happen.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just learned now that map tier doesn't mean shit and it's raw mob density? The fuck? Why am I even pushing this button on red maps and risking a chance of super death?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Relative to corruption stacks giving you tons of quant and rarity, it doesn't mean shit. It's not completely meaningless, the loot in red tiers as a base is better, but how fast and safely you can plow through white maps makes it not worthwhile. I'm probably going to stop doing the league mechanic after finishing up the challenges related to it. There's very few this league, which tells me this league was underbaked or they had to pivot late.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've decided this league fucking sucks. There's a lot of good going on with the new tree and remade atlas etc, but scourge itself is a travesty. It's like Legion all over again only way worse?

All your incentive is in raw mob quantity, with no consideration for the level/tier of content. It doesn't scale up krangling your items faster doing tier 16 maps over tier 2 maps, it only cares about the flat number of mobs you kill. You don't roll better or higher tier krangle mobs or anything, all you get is your shit pushed in because red map mobs doing 100+% more damage is instant death, compared to white map mobs that mean nothing.

It's not even about rewards, because the rewards are there. They are just horribly mis-aligned with with the rest of the game and the best way to utilize scourge is a fucking deadeye windripper fag with 2500 life and a quad tab full of tower maps. It's so fucking stupid, just like vaal ice nova glaciers all over again because they apparently learned nothing from that.
t14-16 nemesis 3 farming is still better than t3 tower.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Definitely file a whole bunch of this league under "mistakes made again". Good thing this time is that there's no content(Legion 4-ways) that you're effectively priced out of.

That said, why do you feel compelled to participate in the farming rat race? I agree it sucks that others playing affects you since that will devalue your currency(see Heist league), but generally, GGG showers you with so much fucking loot that unless you're looking to buy one of those new uniques or just dump 100's of exalts into your character, it shouldn't matter too much.

It's a good thing those new uniques don't enable builds that are...unique. The Squire might at some point, and maybe Stasis Prison. Gating content behind 100's of exalts is a bad idea, but it's going to happen.

Oh I'd never participate in that garbage. It's more of a conceptual problem that I have as GGG seems to be unable or unwilling to learn anything from mistakes they've already made with league design.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another league, another set of challenges.

I tried to do Transform Items II first, spent a week grinding and just couldn't hit anything so I gave up and did the conditional deadly encounters.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    395.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    456.7 KB · Views: 29

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nice. I'm not super in to the pet so probably won't bother going all the way to 36, but the wings are sick this league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Disregard league mechanic, acquire non-deaths.

IIRC, someone at GGG said they had some more tweaks coming for Scourge. Not a peep since then(regarding changes to Scourge), which I think was two weeks ago. This has to be the earliest I've gotten to "alright, let's just wrap up 36 so I can move on".

IDK, I'm having trouble putting my finger on it. Maybe it's the nerfs from 3.15? I'd usually get to high 20's achievements just by all the different builds I wanted to try. I'd settle on one last build, oh look, I happen to have 20+ ex in my currency tab, invest it all and just power through the rest of the achievements. Mechanically progressing a build is far more interesting than just +stats progressing a build.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
First time playing POE, am level 87 now. Lot more survivable now that I started following my guide properly,, using it's recommended shield instead of dual wielding daggers was a big boost

I guess I got lucky finding a 6l chest whilst still levelling, also looted one exalted during the campaign.

No idea how crafting works

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
First time playing POE, am level 87 now. Lot more survivable now that I started following my guide properly,, using it's recommended shield instead of dual wielding daggers was a big boost

I guess I got lucky finding a 6l chest whilst still levelling, also looted one exalted during the campaign.

No idea how crafting works

Crafting = spend the loot like your exalt on stuff someone else crafted :)

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Crafting = spend the loot like your exalt on stuff someone else crafted :)

It's more like, I have the relatively cheap uniques that the guide recommended. The same white daggers, or unique armour pieces keep dropping but the implicit modifiers from the uniques like +3 to skill level gems, or "free despair as an aura" are pretty good and I have no idea how to craft better pieces.

Also have no idea what the menagerie is for

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya, I think I have given up on the league mechanic for the most part right now. It is amazing the difference in just doing a map at say around T7 or higher and switching into scourge. The mobs are astronomically harder compared to the map mobs. This is the rippiest (is that a word) league since the initial start of syndicate. The actual league loot (positives and negative modifiers) is complete hot garbage as well with some seriously limited exceptions overall. After hitting 100 and change on /deaths its time to just level up to at least mid 90's by skipping it all for the time being.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ya, I think I have given up on the league mechanic for the most part right now. It is amazing the difference in just doing a map at say around T7 or higher and switching into scourge. The mobs are astronomically harder compared to the map mobs. This is the rippiest (is that a word) league since the initial start of syndicate. The actual league loot (positives and negative modifiers) is complete hot garbage as well with some seriously limited exceptions overall. After hitting 100 and change on /deaths its time to just level up to at least mid 90's by skipping it all for the time being.

I'm up to t12-t13. Deaths come from getting cocky running straight into mobs with fully charged plague bearer and blade vortex, or terrain/pathing issues and getting stuck after whirling blade all over the place like Tasmanian Devil, or opening a door and getting blasted.

I'm still learning the game and last few evenings I've been avoiding boss fights or nightmare shifts or higher tier maps if I'm 20-25% away from levelling.

591 deaths, lol

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What does nem3 t16 farming refer to?

Adding nemesis to your map a bunch of times via rolling the map + sextant + infused zana mod etc.

Usually with a couple layers of delirium orbs and whatever flavor scarabs you like. Unique watchstones or well rolled magic ones if you really wanna get in to it.

It's just another way to mega juice endgame maps once you have a build capable of clearing it all reasonably.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the benefit for higher quant/rarity that nemesis mods provide or do nemesis mods provide monster buffs for HH? Or is it the sextant currency buff for nemesis?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The are using the sexant mod Nemisis rares drop 3 extra currency, So by super juicing the map creates a bunch of rare monsters.

I have stacks of Simple, Prime and Awakened sextants - so I should these to upgrade the watchstones on the Altas map?

What else should I do with maps?

Add quality, upgrade to rare, krangle? I am at T14 - 15