Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sunder update:

Had to ditch Impaler sadly just due to the way nemesis mobs/essences etc are - I can't be cucking myself on impale damage like that when like half the rare mobs in a map have more HP than the map boss. Damage feels a lot better now (still using Disfavor lol), but clear definitely suffered due to how narrow Sunder is. It works pretty good in sand stance with all the little shockwaves if you hit a big pack, but you tend to get straggler mobs on smaller packs or on big open layouts.

Given the mechanical issues at play here without Impaler I'm not sure I want to invest any further in it (mostly getting a real weapon). Maybe an explode chest would fix the clear? But that's gotta be nearly impossible to craft these days.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Judging from the changes to Harvest craft prices, they don't seem to have any idea what they are doing (i.e. reducing costs of crafts by 90%) when it comes to balance.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Judging from the changes to Harvest craft prices, they don't seem to have any idea what they are doing (i.e. reducing costs of crafts by 90%) when it comes to balance.

they most likely tuned the numbers towards "how high should the cost be for mirror tier crafters who play 14 hours a day, every day and who focus only on harvest so that they could feel the weight, not realizing that regular people don't give s flying fuck about harvest any more, especially after the nerfs

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I saw someone make a comment that made a lot of sense.

GGG makes this harvest change, without knowing exactly how much lifeforce will actually be dropping. WHY they dont know is a mystery, but this is a sign their play testers don't represent the player base that well. Anyway, they release it with over-inflated prices for crafts but in reality they are tracking how much lifeforce is actually being generated by the players and adjusts that based on that amount now that they have an idea. They start off super high because it's better to lower it than raise it, and to avoid any risks to the economy if this ends up being exploitative. If they make it too low, then it messes up the economy and is very difficult to raise. If they make it too high it wont do anything to the economy, and is easy to lower.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got my first Exalt ever in this game when doing the Merc Lab. Too bad it's only 11 Chaos. Enjoying the Conduit build as it was easy leveling. Only into T2 maps though as I don't know what the hell I'm doing most of the time with all the League Mechanics that pop up.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I'm such a scrub normie, all this shit doesn't even affect me.

I noticed the shit rewards in the Lake off the bat, and so stopped doing it. I noticed a distinct lack of higher-end currency but was behind the curve enough that it appears to have been at least partially fixed as I slowly move into yellow maps (I started a second build too) and have to start alching.

I REALLY noticed my shit itemization as I entered maps, my hps were SO low I got butchered in my first map but it didn't take long to start adding some buffer.

I should be into red maps in a few days, depending on how much I like my alt build lol.

I suppose loot issues would start affecting me once I hit 90+ and want to spend some currency on real gear upgrades, but not yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Empy and crew were too stuck in their "omega blue packs" ways and shying away from rares. I literally said this days ago, Rare monsters are what you want and that's why Nem league not being a mod is a shame.

Torment is great, Exiles + Torment is good for Uniques, but Exiles don't roll AN.

Overall loot is absolutely fucking fine and the biggest problem is the crybabies who quit before playing because of Influencer mongoloids telling them the game isn't worth paying before they even started. This means a lot of small time RNG drops by single players isn't happening so people more desperate to make fast cash and early trades aren't here. It's mostly the staunch and stoic who are saying "that's not worth my money" for most trades and everyone just sitting on money and items without exchanging either.

Lake is still bad. Honestly not worth doing unless you're decent tanky and decent DPS and just want extra HP in your late 80's or early 90's or something. Currency chests are nice, but I ran 5 Lakes after the patch last night and I ran a lot of league specific shit and it was all very underwhelming. They're going to have to just dial it to 11 to make it feel better than regular mapping.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I find breaches inside lakes to be quite good, and the sulphite payouts are quite high if you care about delve, but otherwise yea fuck all the old league tiles. Especially metamorph, they just drop nothing at all lol.

The untainted paradise tile is pretty hilarious as it crams like an entire chalupa breach stone worth of xp in to one section of your lake, and you can even drag other tiles worth of mobs over to it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a chayula breachstone from a breach lake. But thats about it.

Did a few memories. Essences gives a whole lot of stuff -but- they are stupidly deadly later on. Alva can give you some XP and temple bases, and harbies are sad with nerfed exalts unless you're ssf and need anuls or ex.

Tujen has been the biggest source of divines for me, usually end up with 1 on layaway because i run out of exceptional artifacts before anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Basing loot behind the Solaris AN mod being fine is pretty dumb and it looks like you're trying to be contrarion to obvious glaring issues with the game.

Having Solaris touched combined with mods that render your build useless and thus unkillable just kinda slaps your premise in the face.

There are issues, there's been multiple patches fixing this shit already and I would say a single AN mod dropping 80 divines is reinforcing the idea this league is fucked still.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright done with Sunder I think. Quest bosses and an elder down.

It doesn't have near the damage on it's own to be your only skill. Paired with a backup Rage Vortex in a 5/6l was mostly fine for bursting bosses and stuff, but makes you pretty socket hungry. Clear is like a B- with it's gigantic range but relatively thing area. Really needs some kind of explosion or Impaler to back it up, but Impaler isn't really a viable thing given how tanky rares are now.

Has some baller MTX though.

Most impressive thing was how crazy strong Berserker is. So much of your defense can be gotten from the tree and auras now that just taking a mountain of damage on Berserker is really, really strong now. Fortify is super reliable with the new duration and scaling and I never found myself not at 20 stacks. I was a RT build even and with 100 rage just as fast as any build really, and hit ~4 APS with Sunder (a base 70% skill) without Multistrike easily.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The untainted paradise tile is pretty hilarious as it crams like an entire chalupa breach stone worth of xp in to one section of your lake, and you can even drag other tiles worth of mobs over to it.

Literally as I read what you said, what a perfect placement for this choice.

1661468445023.png

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Overall loot is absolutely fucking fine and the biggest problem is the crybabies who quit before playing because of Influencer mongoloids telling them the game isn't worth paying before they even started.

Loots fine guys.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are just playing the game wrong, they should be stacking rares in a 6 man team with 600/90 iir/iiq. Doing league mechanics expecting loot is just beta as fuck amiright guys?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol they banned path of matth because he called chris a bald retard in his own twitch chat, his ban actually says "staff abuse"

what a great fucken strategy

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
lol they banned path of matth because he called chris a bald retard in his own twitch chat, his ban actually says "staff abuse"

what a great fucken strategy
That is extremely stupid. Chris absolutely has to turn the other cheek in some cases. Thin skinned.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

Loots fine guys.
Read what I said about the Lake, brain genius. Also, Jungroan's filter doesn't show anything at this point, and he didn't hit alt to show you all the stuff his filter (which is at one of the strictest level) deems "not loot".

Loot OUTSIDE THE LAKE is fine, and decent even if you ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. But most people don't and are living vicariously through people doing shit they'd never do anyways.