Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
OK, so anyone playing Maurder start in general what is the super early go to for DPS to just get to Act 3? Is it just 2 hander 3 link upgrade when possible and rely on a totem for kiting hard stuff?

Buy the first store axe or karui axe you can from Tarkleigh, get a 3link with ground slam + ruthless + onslaught. If you're doing a phys/attack build don't be afraid to take the little starter path with the +phys damage nodes right at the start and respec it later. Early game is all about damage, as armor/eva from white gear is enough to not worry too much about defense. If you find yourself taking too much damage vs bosses get a holy flame totem and just stand in the conc ground.

Make sure to set your filterblade with one of the leveling presets for your weapon of choice, 2h axes or whatever, and to highlight the weapon %phys vendor recipe (meaning rustic sashes). Then every time a new base drops go do the vendor recipe for weapon + rustic sash + blacksmith stone to get a magic one with a %phys roll - you can clear the entire campaign using only this and ground slam or sunder etc.

Also don't forget war banner, it's a lot of damage for 10% reservation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You just need to get good.

First day of HC Ruthless down. Was top 10 for getting through the story after playing way too much. Could have probably done top 5 but I had to do some muling to get required gems at the start. It's next to impossible to keep up with the cold DoTers. I should outlive them though on the Jugg.

View attachment 447074

That's beautiful and my holy flame totem, flame wall and bouncing magma thing are a boss slog. I need wave of conviction, no herald quest reward in A2 was a nice touch. It turns Poe into a more classic style rpg and I dig it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's beautiful and my holy flame totem, flame wall and bouncing magma thing are a boss slog. I need wave of conviction, no herald quest reward in A2 was a nice touch. It turns Poe into a more classic style rpg and I dig it.

I did some muling of gems with other characters to make it work. Played a Shadow to the end of act 1 for Fire Trap and a Templar to level 16 for Flame Wall, Searing Bond and Wave of Conviction. It was still slow leveling but I have a feeling that's going to be anything in Ruthless. Didn't really pick up til after I did the first lab and put on RF.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Evading hits doesn't affect resolve damage sadly
Initially unintuitive but I guess it's to be consistent with other defenses being useless. Which is overall quite dumb. A lot of the mechanics that make roguelikes work like hyper mobility and stun locking do not exist in PoE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't understand GGG. They make a big stink about wanting to slow the game down. Then release a league that apparently the way to progress in the league mechanic is to kill things instantly or near instant so you take less hits and keep your resolve up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Eldritch implicits on gloves are broken and lesser currency is rolling max tier implicits.

Printed 4 divines now buying random gloves and lesser spamming them for max tier ignite prolif and other goodies.

Does not appear to be fixed yet that I can tell so if you've got some chaos and have a particular glove implicit in mind do it now.

Edit: nevermind they literally JUST disabled eldritch currency drops lol

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
1670707314909.png

• 2Worf

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rip. Died on my Ruthless character. This is probably the biggest hurdle the league will have. You don't really generate excess gear and it takes so long to make it back through the campaign, I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to go again. I'm not sure if its the game mode or just me though. I've had problems finding motivation to keep on going after just normal hardcore deaths the past couple of leagues too. I'll take a 4-5 day break and see how I feel about it next weekend.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They hotfixed smite and i'm probably off it if this is their intended fix. The animation is like weirdly desynced with the attack landing now? Like you finish the swing animation and it's a full half second before the actual smite comes out, like you're playing in 300 ping all the time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They hotfixed smite and i'm probably off it if this is their intended fix. The animation is like weirdly desynced with the attack landing now? Like you finish the swing animation and it's a full half second before the actual smite comes out, like you're playing in 300 ping all the time.
Where are you seeing this hotfix and the one for eldritch implicits? I just went through gggtracker and reddit, didn't see either.

What was the intent of the hotfix? Seems from your post and others, it was fine and they fucked it up?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Smite was attacking way too fast, like it was obviously bugged. Almost twice as fast any other attack with the .85 base attack time.

Fixing it was inevitable, and now that I relogged it's "fine". It was really shittily desynced cause my animations were playing at the faster speed but the server had updated the attack rate and it was like I was locked in the animation waiting for the server to say my attack was done.

Eldritch is just disabled in-game, I found out when I tried to use one and it said I couldn't lol.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand GGG. They make a big stink about wanting to slow the game down. Then release a league that apparently the way to progress in the league mechanic is to kill things instantly or near instant so you take less hits and keep your resolve up.
1670733517368.png

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If I was all about the mechanic I'd have stopped everything I was doing and rolled a Deadeye so I could chain shit off walls while trying to offscreen the world.

edit - the named guys run away from totems so that sucks. They just bee-line it the fuck away.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They removed the passives that drop Incursion items from Architects in Incursion. Sucks, that was like my favorite passive to get good gloves, but I imagine it's because of Fractured Orbs being a thing now. Now I have to actually RUN my chronicles that I don't sell. Not too bad since the AN league those places drop a fuck ton of loot.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So am in maps now and frozen legion is definitely viable to get from act5-10 and into white maps (in trade league). I think it also helps that 6 link staffs or maces are like 2c in the first 24 hours which is ridiculous. So it’s likely that the 6 link is hard carrying more than the skill. It’s a fun little game trying to position yourself right to maximize dps but I can see it getting annoying later on and I also haven’t figured out how I will ramp my dps to be able to handle late yellow /red maps(and not sure if there is a viable option to do so that isn’t expensive), but generally I rely on other people’s build ideas to carry me into reds/endgame anyway so I will start stealing from poe.ninja soon.

for league start though, very viable and cheap (all my gear into white maps was self found other than the 2c staff). I did acts 1-4 with random melee skills then ice crash, which in retrospect I should have gone with something faster, but it did the job and once you get frozen legion it’s smooth sailing to maps

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh and if you are in a narrow area or a corner or something, get fucked because only 1-2 of your legion guys will spawn sometimes in that case

• 2WTF

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Ideal ARPG gaming tho

I like Raiz; but fuck that take. If he wants a game that feels like punching yourself in the dick and calls it fun then great. 99.9% of us do not stream/game for a living and don't have that amount of time to dedicate to it.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users