Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Now if they could replace their old client/server, they'd really have it nailed.

Way less interested in PoE2 because of using the current "lag or desync really bad even playing solo" client they got. There must be some solution to this.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, I've been putting maps in the guild stash map tab. Can I please ask you all do the same to extra maps you have. This will make it a lot easier for some of us to fill in the atlas. Thanks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I like Raiz; but fuck that take. If he wants a game that feels like punching yourself in the dick and calls it fun then great. 99.9% of us do not stream/game for a living and don't have that amount of time to dedicate to it.

I suspect that was a joke. He wasn't playing Ruthless. lol

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys, I've been putting maps in the guild stash map tab. Can I please ask you all do the same to extra maps you have. This will make it a lot easier for some of us to fill in the atlas. Thanks.
Are you not running kirac missions? I have not had to buy or ask for maps since them.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's still helpful if people shove some extra maps in there rather than having them rot until the end of the league in their own tabs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
In case anyone is playing hexblast traps/mines.

• We clarified earlier that Curses would expire when you die, however we should have further clarified that this behaviour also applies to anything that dies/expires after applying a Curse. This means that Traps with Curses are currently working as intended.

tl;dr: curse on hit worked before this league but now doesn't.

This hits traps much harder as they were typically using cluster traps to throw 3, depending on the first to apply a curse to one target, the second to explode and apply curses to a bunch of targets, and the third to be most efficacious. Because the traps basically all go off at the same time but are technically sequential, curse on hit still worked.

Mines have a detonation sequence of 0.15s that speeds up, so you can kinda paper over this issue with blasphemy and curse ground support. Tremor rod too. But ultimately, almost mine builds want to use minefield. The high mine throughput of minefield doesn't work with Tremor Rod, you will hit the cap quite easily with a 1s cast speed spell. And you will also occasionally outstrip the combined refresh rate on blasphemy and curse ground.

lol, I should keep reading.

• When a Hex under the effect of Cursed Ground would be consumed via Hexblast, the curse is not reapplied. This matches behaviour with things such as Lightning Conduit with shocks from Skitterbots and is also how it would have worked with the old Doomsday keystone passive. While this is the intended behaviour, we may revisit its mechanics in the future.

Definitely rerolling to Eye of Winter -> Exsanguinate(Heatshiver).

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sanctums are actually pretty interesting now that I have a real character heh. Relics do some neat stuff, having actual mobility makes it a lot less frustrating, etc.

I think unless your build is just omega offscreening things with totems or something though you want to pretty aggressively abandon runs if you don't get a decent early start in the first floor. It takes 32 fucking maps to potentially finish one, and trying to strugglebus your way through to the end based of a shit start is such a waste of time.

Dear god do not do this shit during the campaign though, it's awful.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Sanctums are actually pretty interesting now that I have a real character heh. Relics do some neat stuff, having actual mobility makes it a lot less frustrating, etc.

I think unless your build is just omega offscreening things with totems or something though you want to pretty aggressively abandon runs if you don't get a decent early start in the first floor. It takes 32 fucking maps to potentially finish one, and trying to strugglebus your way through to the end based of a shit start is such a waste of time.

Dear god do not do this shit during the campaign though, it's awful.
Ya, this mechanic seems completely unrewarding compared to past mechanics to me. Kalandra was giving me WAY more rewards during the campaign than this dogcrap. And that's Kalandra, an actual good league mechanic like Sentinel puts both of those in the shade. I think I've gotten like 2 chaos, some fusings, random lower currency, some random garbage rares, and nothing else at this point and I'm in act 9.

Maybe it's better in maps, but I just don't like it. I never played builds where you have to dodge ALL mechanics or lose in the past, and it's just annoying that you're forced into that playstyle for this mechanic. Or into giga-ranged damage to avoid all the mechanics entirely, which is another playstyle I'm just not into.

I like the idea behind Sanctums, but the implementation is just complete anathema to how I've always played the game. 1/10 so far for me: no rewards, and I hate the dodge or lose playstyle.

The rest of the changes to the overall game seem great so far. Hydrosphere is pretty good so far, hits pretty hard and is fun to run around the screen. Only tricky part is keeping it pulsing via freezes, but that's just a factor of needing more crit/gear/lvls to freeze things more reliably. I believe it basically plays like a variation on cold dot, since vortex on left click is doing a lot of work for me so far, but that's no bad thing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's 100% a game mechanic that is too difficult and unrewarding to do during the campaign. Not sure if that's by design, but I'm not a fan. But in all honesty none of the league mechanics have been overly rewarding in the campaign since Ultimatum. Kalandra was nice for uniques, but they didn't juice the currency until later. Arch Nem you just didn't want to do anything. Sentinel was okay, but you didn't have really good Sentinels/Sent Skills until late game so occasionally you'd blast the wrong pack and couldn't kill them.

It is really weird though. Now that I've got an established character I'd rather run Sanctum for less rewards than blast red maps for gauranteed chaos because they made it really fun. I wish I could encounter more than one at a time or save 4 per map or something. Especially since you need to probably beat floor 4 boss for Sancitified Relics, which are the global ones. I've beaten her once at 75+, but just got a normal relic.

For those wondering about Volcanic Fissure totems:

They're okay. Definitely doable but clearing with them is a pain compared to Conc Path. At the high end on bosses, with +3 total proj, they're probably higher dps than Conc path for slow fatties. They're not bad for slow waves such as Blight and choke holded Breach portals. The only way to scale Fissure speed itself is a helm enchant which totem boys would want 18% Ancestral Protector speed on AND the other helm enchant is +2 Proj which is nuts. Definitely going to be some people who make boss destroyers out of them. Heard of people using Focused Ballista too which should allow you to pre-fire bosses, but the problem is you have to manually trigger an attack to tell your totems to attack which is annoying as fuck. Overall Conc Path is going to be the easier, better choice for about 80% of content, but VF totems will definitely have their niche and you can more or less just swap the gem out for these situations. Rain of Splinters is currently like 6 Divine (lol) so you'd probably swap that in and out too for a good rare jewel, but I'd give it another week or so before we see the PoEbrains post some ridiculous shit with VF. I think it ACTUALLY may be a really good self-casted slam if you just scale proj shit, but we'll see.

Really curious what the Raider build for Sanctum is going to be. Totems are great there, but their activation range seems REALLY buggy right now and sometimes they'll just sit and stare at a mob until you run into it even if it's active. Whatever it is hopefully it's a very clean looking skill (not spark) like Arc or something so you can still dodge mechanics while it's blasting. Meatball totems are definitely not good in that department.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've only completed one total sanctum but the payout was 3 divines and like 40something chaos, so there are rewards to be had but it's suuuuuuper top heavy.

Like I said earlier don't be afraid to just scrap your sanctum on the first floor if you don't have a decent boon or two or had to take a couple really awful curses.

• 1Solidarity

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's 100% a game mechanic that is too difficult and unrewarding to do during the campaign. Not sure if that's by design, but I'm not a fan. But in all honesty none of the league mechanics have been overly rewarding in the campaign since Ultimatum. Kalandra was nice for uniques, but they didn't juice the currency until later. Arch Nem you just didn't want to do anything. Sentinel was okay, but you didn't have really good Sentinels/Sent Skills until late game so occasionally you'd blast the wrong pack and couldn't kill them.

It is really weird though. Now that I've got an established character I'd rather run Sanctum for less rewards than blast red maps for gauranteed chaos because they made it really fun. I wish I could encounter more than one at a time or save 4 per map or something. Especially since you need to probably beat floor 4 boss for Sancitified Relics, which are the global ones. I've beaten her once at 75+, but just got a normal relic.

For those wondering about Volcanic Fissure totems:

They're okay. Definitely doable but clearing with them is a pain compared to Conc Path. At the high end on bosses, with +3 total proj, they're probably higher dps than Conc path for slow fatties. They're not bad for slow waves such as Blight and choke holded Breach portals. The only way to scale Fissure speed itself is a helm enchant which totem boys would want 18% Ancestral Protector speed on AND the other helm enchant is +2 Proj which is nuts. Definitely going to be some people who make boss destroyers out of them. Heard of people using Focused Ballista too which should allow you to pre-fire bosses, but the problem is you have to manually trigger an attack to tell your totems to attack which is annoying as fuck. Overall Conc Path is going to be the easier, better choice for about 80% of content, but VF totems will definitely have their niche and you can more or less just swap the gem out for these situations. Rain of Splinters is currently like 6 Divine (lol) so you'd probably swap that in and out too for a good rare jewel, but I'd give it another week or so before we see the PoEbrains post some ridiculous shit with VF. I think it ACTUALLY may be a really good self-casted slam if you just scale proj shit, but we'll see.

Really curious what the Raider build for Sanctum is going to be. Totems are great there, but their activation range seems REALLY buggy right now and sometimes they'll just sit and stare at a mob until you run into it even if it's active. Whatever it is hopefully it's a very clean looking skill (not spark) like Arc or something so you can still dodge mechanics while it's blasting. Meatball totems are definitely not good in that department.

Have you tried the new dawnstrider boots? Are they any good?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting good relics seems key to sanctum runs. Some relics give big boosts to resolve and also some have perks like big inspiration boosts every floor. I’m blowing ass right now in there so have started to refocus into targeting merchants while I try to build up a good relic pool and clear the first couple bosses for relics as well.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Have you tried the new dawnstrider boots? Are they any good?
Not for actual totem builds. The +4 DOES stack with the +3 mastery for 7 second lingering buffs, which is cool, but you can only have ONE ancestral totem buff at once so it's either Protector/Warchief/Earthbreaker(increased AoE) and in an actual totem build like 70% of your dps comes from juicing Protector and Vaal Warchief at the same time.

It's probably a pretty nice QoL item for attack speed proj skills like Helix, Gyre, and Cobra Lash. So you can pop a mega Protector for attack speed, blast shit and run for 4-7 seconds and repeat. Definitely not good for actual Totem dependent builds though.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if devouring diadem is gonna get nerfed next league. It basically handles your auras (+1 easily added with divine blessing thanks to EB), handles mana issues (EB), and its just OP for poison builds with the focus effect you can unveil. If not nerfed, I expect they'll increase its rarity to something around ashes/omni.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was hoping PoB was going to send whispers until you actually got a response in your hideout for you.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Update on Volcanic Fissure Totems:

Still using Conc Path, but was told that Focused Ballista support works on them with 0 downside. Apparently it doesn't recognize the totems as "ballista" variants, so it just straight up gives totem placement speed and up to 30% MORE attack speed. Start ball stacking and use those on slow bosses and you're fucking decimating them. Going to be some super interesting videos of that shit eventually.

Also just saw the "bonus" boss fight in Sanctum in 81+ map Sanctum runs. Looks like you need flame dash/frostblink or you're pretty fucked. Cool fight, but besides about 30 seconds of frogger it didn't look too complicated.