Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I run into that T14 wall every league. Maybe it's my build. Nope, it's the stubborn idiot playing it that isn't sure he wants to even medium invest in his build.

I'm still looking for that mythical build that can get to two void stones on single digit chaos purchases without the tail end feeling like an absolute slog.

Don't say minions, fuck minions.

Before this league cold dot could do that pretty easily. I also did it this league with poison CA and then got fed up with the goddamn RNG trying to get my last 2 affliction ascendancy points.

Any DOT build shines at the poor man's budget Atlas completion because its duck and run dps with high uptime. So it's very forgiving even if you aren't that great at the game.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's interesting to see just 4 Sacred orbs in all those drops. I knew they were rare but since I've been SSF forever I've never really paid much attention, especially because they don't do much when compared to the real tinks of Exalts and Divines. Having said that I certainly got lucky this league:

zPoeSacred.JPG

Got that within a few hours of the new league, been sitting in my stash ever since, and most likely will eventually just drift away to standard.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If you want to know why this is so confusing, look no further than every response to my question. Each one has a completely different mechanic that's "better for new players" while saying all the previous posts were wrong.

Yeesh.

I asked you to ask anything specific. If you want me to simply "tell you how to make money" I can give you some basic pointers that allow to EVERY way to make money:

1. Understand that Path of Exile rewards based on focus and efficiency. If you are picking up scrolls of wisdom and portal scrolls you're doing it wrong. You want to use a high strictness filter (if you are not sure what this is let me know) and not waste time picking things up. How to get portal scrolls and wisdom scrolls then? Pick up stacks >= 6 of Orb of Transmutations. Sell them to vendor. Get tons of wisdom scrolls. Buy portal scrolls in epilogue for scrolls of wisdom.

2. Understand that Path of Exile also rewards based on investment. You can "Alch and Go" your maps - meaning alchemy and run it. But if you add things like a "Scarab" to the map to "juice" it, it makes it have more juice, and thus gives you more rewards. In my strand maps, I put in a Torment, Ambush, and Elder scarab and a sacrifice fragment in each one. A sacrifice fragment gives 5% more quantity and nothing else. An Ambush scarab adds more strongboxes to the map. A Torment scarb adds more tormented spirits to the map. An Elder scarab adds more mobs to the map. Since I have speced ambush in the Atlas tree, all my boxes are rare, all can dupe div cards and currency. I have also speced full Torment, so any mobs the tormented spirits "touch" (a flame is above their head) or possess (where they say words in green above the mob with green orbs surrounding it like "Thief's Grip") drop WAY more items, since they have huge quantity modifiers. I also speced into harbinger because it spawns more mobs that can be killed with the wisps. Breach would be better, but I have a hard time when a map is REALLY juiced with wisps, so harbinger is a good balance. Plus, I can (and have) gotten fractured shards which are very valuable.

3. Set up a dump tab as I mentioned. Spend time "rolling" all your maps. If you are unsure what this means, it means use alchemy orbs to rare your maps then scour/alchemy ones with mods you cant do such as reflect damage. Optionally you can vaal them after to super-juice them, but you need to be careful with this. I personally have an entire quad tab full of Strand maps ready to go. Literally 500 maps rolled, and ready to run. When you run a map, finish it, pop a portal, put new map in, open it and while you're waiting the 3 seconds for it to open, go to your stash tab and dump everything in your stash. The overwhelming amoutn of things should just be currency with a very strict filter. Ideally, you will want to run one type of map, over and over again. I personally choose strand. It might not be the best, but I enjoy it the most. I've run about 3,000 or so this league so far. If you want to vaal/super juice your maps, you will want to 20% quality them through chisels, alchemy them, check them for bad mods you cant run, and chaos or scour/re-alchemy if they have bad mods, then once OK, use a vaal. If it goes unidentified its okay - it has the same mods as before the vaal. If the mods change, check again if you have any you can't run and if so.. the map is basically bricked. But if not, you can run it.

4. The reason why I choose Essences, Strongboxes, Torment, Shrines, and Harby in my atlas tree is that Essences are bank this league, Strongboxes are very good especially Divination Boxes which can (and have in my past) dropped extremely valuable divination cards. I've gotten a double apothecary card before, which was an 80 divine drop last league. Torment is in my opinion EXTREMELY underrated, and makes the mobs drop a shitload more items. Harbinger is nice, just for the extra mobs and stuff. Shrines are excellent, because sometimes a super juiced essence mob might take a lot of time to kill but with a Divine shrine you cant die, or a spell echo/acceleration shrine it will die much faster. Plus covetous shrine is yet more loot that drops. With this strategy and in my atlas tree, I have very juiced mods allowing high pack size, quantity, and rarity.

If you have any questions about anything I've mentioned, please ask. I love to help on things like this, but again I take a low-risk, high-reward approach to path of exile. A lot of people feel running millions of tier 3 maps is just boring shit. I love it.

1702881488474.png

1702881506774.png

1702881522623.png

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The biggest problem I have with guides is the "just get x and y on item and you wont die", "use scarabs to juice maps" and many other tips. They are not bad but how should I be able to afford to buy the shit you need when I havent even found a single Divine in 150 levels worth of characters.

And then when I find my first Divine you see posts above where they have 300 divines, double of the best item in the game and a mirror. It just fucking defeats my will to play.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The biggest problem I have with guides is the "just get x and y on item and you wont die", "use scarabs to juice maps" and many other tips. They are not bad but how should I be able to afford to buy the shit you need when I havent even found a single Divine in 150 levels worth of characters.

And then when I find my first Divine you see posts above where they have 300 divines, double of the best item in the game and a mirror. It just fucking defeats my will to play.
Brother, I know that feeling. We all do. You just push on with alch and go, run the contracts you get, push a little delve every time your sulphite caps out, run the couple of lower tier blight maps you got randomly off casia in a regular map, use those kirac scouting reports, run a safehouse, run your finished alva temple, and then do all of that shit all over again until you have a few hundred chaos.

Everything adds up.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Brother, I know that feeling. We all do. You just push on with alch and go, run the contracts you get, push a little delve every time your sulphite caps out, run the couple of lower tier blight maps you got randomly off casia in a regular map, use those kirac scouting reports, run a safehouse, run your finished alva temple, and then do all of that shit all over again until you have a few hundred chaos.

Everything adds up.
Been pretty bad at running Heists and Delves. But they should be worth doing right?

While it might not be the most popular mechanic I do enjoy Blight. The problem is not finding too many maps for that one.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Harvest was probably the most zero brain money making strategy i ever did. The problem is if you want to really use it well you have to juice the shit out of your tree and maps and you need a pretty damn good char to handle harvest at that point. But it has the plus side of just a few things to sell and they sell easy too. It’s even easier than essences where there’s 30 diff types and you can have a streak of bad luck.
but no amount to playing the game will net you anywhere close to the returns of playing the market. The most I ever made in a league was buying and up selling watchers eyes. It just gets boring. You can also buy 6L corrupted bases and if you pick the right ones you mythic orb them to a 6L unique you can sell for a divine+, used to easily make 20 div an hour just doing that

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I run into that T14 wall every league. Maybe it's my build. Nope, it's the stubborn idiot playing it that isn't sure he wants to even medium invest in his build.

I'm still looking for that mythical build that can get to two void stones on single digit chaos purchases without the tail end feeling like an absolute slog.

Don't say minions, fuck minions.

The answer right now is the new storm brand. The price to just ass blast t16s is whatever ralakesh costs + maybe 2 divines of random other junk? I'm completely coasting just grinding levels in t14s right now with a 5L and chain in my links, doing wildwood etc no problem. Brand playstyle is still S tier for staying alive, CI + incandescent heart is a fair amount of tank given how little you actually get hit, and the recovery from maven belt is actually lol worthy.

Like, I'm still wearing a le heup, have crafted two okay-ish rare items, and the rest is 20-40c uniques and the ralakesh?.

If you're talking absolutely poverty league start lightning arrow did it for me junk fine, even if it was uber softcore mode trying to do wildwood at all. If you run in to a dps problem for the actual pinnacle bosses you just swap to a storm rain totem setup and get a free 10m single target on a 5L.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

The vast majority of your "divines" will not be raw divine drops, but adding everything else up, which a lot of guides neglect to mention. I don't like to sell a bunch of random things very much, so I'll use a lot of my currency to upgrade items to sell (also rog for good items to sell), vaal uniques to link, etc. tujen is great for getting the currency for all that plus a ton of stacked decks (which I open for jackpots). Also save your logbooks and run them yourself in bunches. For legion its pretty simple, and goes well with juicing your map because of the extra rares. You filter out splinters, just pick up emblems, incubators and currency and use your currency and div card incubators on yourself, you can stock up on the others and sell in bulk maybe, I haven't sold mine just sitting atm. Heist, sanctum, harvest seem like the other good league mechanics, and then there are pack size/rarity tree builds you can go for as wel. Beyond is nice if you're heavy juicing too.

Aazrael

I have never played a "melee" guy before and my current gear is pretty basic but working fine in yellows if I dont rush too much.

Accuracy is very important right? I have never had to consider that stat. Going to sell my Divine tonight and get Accuracy above HP for 40% extra damage and will probably not make me miss as much. Will probably upgrade all slots with low end gear that got the stats I need, need some minus to non-channeling skills as well due to low mana pool.

The guide is decent enough to get me the basic stuff. Then the next step to End game build will probably not happen.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

In this issue, I bet you have plenty of divines or chaos to work with -- you're just not able, not willing, or just simply don't know how to build wealth properly because you're not making use of what you have. I know this, becuase I often had the same issue when I was newer at the game. And by newer I meant sub-2000 hours.

How many fusings do you have? How many alterations? Augmentations? Chance orbs? 14 chance orbs will get you a chaos. Right now 470 Fusings = 1 divine. Doing wisps makes fusings rain. 4 Jewelers = 1 fusing. 12 Alteration Orbs = 1 chaos. If you have 300 Alterations, you have 25c sitting you can use to buy better things. Sell things in bulk -- you can charge more. Do you have stray divination cards you can sell for 10-20c each? Use that money to invest into your character.

Any youtube video that says "You wont die" or whatnot concerning PoE is clickbait. However "Use Scarabs to Juice maps" is a perfectly reasonable, and extremely inexpensive strategy. Seriously. Each scarab I use is worth 2c at maximum and I make more than 20c per map, easily.

Some things in the game become more "old timer" knowledge. For example: Consider this:

1702889525263.png

Price check it with Awakened PoE Trade and it'll be 1c. But if you hone in on the bottom 2 mods, you'll see this is in fact a 20-40c item because the bottom 2 mods are the most important and this is a very high roll. This is just "old knowledge". You get to the point where you know what uniques drop, which are worth something rolled good, which are worthless period. A lot of money is wasted by situations where newer players PC a Dendrobate like this one and vendor it, assuming it's 1c trash, without KNOWING that it's actually much more valuable rolled well. This is just knowledge that you learn after 10-15 leagues of PoE. It's just the nature of the game.

Another thing newer players will do is spend a lot of time milking every single c out of an item they can. If you get a ton of tells for something for 10c, and you find out you're the cheapest on the market because it ACTUALLY goes for 12c, just take the 10c. You're milking 2c out of an item. You have to ignore a guaranteed sell, price check it, relist it, wait for it to update on the website, and get another sale at that higher rate which might not happen.

My total cost per map in my farming strategy is: 4 Chisel (20%), 1 alch (Rare) + 2 Chaos (Essence Map Device) + 2 Chaos * 3 (Scarabs), 0.5 Chaos (Sac Fragment). So I spend about 10 chaos per map to run. AT THE WORST, I'm going to walk out with about 20c of Essences and 2-3 Chaos. Every single map, at minimum, I'll get at least 2-3 raw chaos. The gear needed to do this is almost nothing -- I'm doing Tier 3 maps. The only challenge is a very juiced wisp map essence. But even that isn't too common. Each map is like 5 minutes at most, and I'm pretty slow all things considered, as I'm more through than I should be on wisps.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Everything adds up.

Honestly, I view this as a bad strategy if your intent is to make money. If you're stupid like I am, and all you want to do is amass wealth in PoE, your first strategy should be to complete the atlas, focus on things that take little time (eg: Essence/strongbox/shrines/torment), and get those important top line nodes done in the atlas tree. Those +2% to mods make a HUGE difference because while they make everything harder, they boost quant/rarity/pack size a lot.

By doing all those different things, you're enjoying variety in the game, but you're not very efficient. You're moving around, doing different things, but you're efficient at none of them. Again, my strategy works only if your sole intention is to make money in poe. It's fun for me but if doing everything like this is fun for you then you do you. Just don't try to compare your money making experience to the people using strictly efficient money making strategy. We'll always have more.

• 1Like

Aazrael

In this issue, I bet you have plenty of divines or chaos to work with -- you're just not able, not willing, or just simply don't know how to build wealth properly because you're not making use of what you have. I know this, becuase I often had the same issue when I was newer at the game. And by newer I meant sub-2000 hours.

How many fusings do you have? How many alterations? Augmentations? Chance orbs? 14 chance orbs will get you a chaos. Right now 470 Fusings = 1 divine. Doing wisps makes fusings rain. 4 Jewelers = 1 fusing. 12 Alteration Orbs = 1 chaos. If you have 300 Alterations, you have 25c sitting you can use to buy better things. Sell things in bulk -- you can charge more. Do you have stray divination cards you can sell for 10-20c each? Use that money to invest into your character.

Any youtube video that says "You wont die" or whatnot concerning PoE is clickbait. However "Use Scarabs to Juice maps" is a perfectly reasonable, and extremely inexpensive strategy. Seriously. Each scarab I use is worth 2c at maximum and I make more than 20c per map, easily.

Some things in the game become more "old timer" knowledge. For example: Consider this:

View attachment 504719

Price check it with Awakened PoE Trade and it'll be 1c. But if you hone in on the bottom 2 mods, you'll see this is in fact a 20-40c item because the bottom 2 mods are the most important and this is a very high roll. This is just "old knowledge". You get to the point where you know what uniques drop, which are worth something rolled good, which are worthless period. A lot of money is wasted by situations where newer players PC a Dendrobate like this one and vendor it, assuming it's 1c trash, without KNOWING that it's actually much more valuable rolled well. This is just knowledge that you learn after 10-15 leagues of PoE. It's just the nature of the game.

Another thing newer players will do is spend a lot of time milking every single c out of an item they can. If you get a ton of tells for something for 10c, and you find out you're the cheapest on the market because it ACTUALLY goes for 12c, just take the 10c. You're milking 2c out of an item. You have to ignore a guaranteed sell, price check it, relist it, wait for it to update on the website, and get another sale at that higher rate which might not happen.

My total cost per map in my farming strategy is: 4 Chisel (20%), 1 alch (Rare) + 2 Chaos (Essence Map Device) + 2 Chaos * 3 (Scarabs), 0.5 Chaos (Sac Fragment). So I spend about 10 chaos per map to run. AT THE WORST, I'm going to walk out with about 20c of Essences and 2-3 Chaos. Every single map, at minimum, I'll get at least 2-3 raw chaos. The gear needed to do this is almost nothing -- I'm doing Tier 3 maps. The only challenge is a very juiced wisp map essence. But even that isn't too common. Each map is like 5 minutes at most, and I'm pretty slow all things considered, as I'm more through than I should be on wisps.
Thanks for the tips!

I have been pretty slack this League due to being sick and also decided to change my League Starter after getting to 87. Still working on my Atlas as of now. Got almost all Yellows done but have not ventured into Reds yet.

Not to be mean but I feel you need to be slightly Autistic or Hyperfocused to enjoy understanding PoE. Or I might just be a low IQ individual because I cant really muster the time and energy to learn whats worth what.

I got two family members that play and they are at your level or above but I suspect diagnosis in them for sure. Not that thats a bad thing, but I aint gifted by that at least.

I do have AwakenedPoE and as you said I probably have a small stash of Chaos if I sold essences etc.

Will upgrade my build tonight with some gear and continue pushing the Atlas.

Whats a good noob friendly Atlas build? I pretty much only specced additional map drops/quality right now due to said family member giving me that tip to get map drops.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a valdos box, pretty easy map forgot to take a pic, just some wandering boss packs and kitavas herald enemies. Got an oriaths end flask out of it.

• 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gilded expedition scarab + runic monster marker compass is easy money imo. Cost is about 20c / map but pulling figures out of my ass it feels like the average is like 1 logbook every map worth around 40c (druid 0c, order 20c, scythe 50c, sun 70c, get mostly scythe) and around 5+ tujen/danning coins which is another 40c + random stacked decks and essences and just more mobs to kill that you can give extra quant and rarity.

How fun you feel your time is spent haggling with them in HO is another question.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The answer right now is the new storm brand. The price to just ass blast t16s is whatever ralakesh costs + maybe 2 divines of random other junk? I'm completely coasting just grinding levels in t14s right now with a 5L and chain in my links, doing wildwood etc no problem. Brand playstyle is still S tier for staying alive, CI + incandescent heart is a fair amount of tank given how little you actually get hit, and the recovery from maven belt is actually lol worthy.

Like, I'm still wearing a le heup, have crafted two okay-ish rare items, and the rest is 20-40c uniques and the ralakesh?.

If you're talking absolutely poverty league start lightning arrow did it for me junk fine, even if it was uber softcore mode trying to do wildwood at all. If you run in to a dps problem for the actual pinnacle bosses you just swap to a storm rain totem setup and get a free 10m single target on a 5L.
I tried storm brand of indecision. Technically, it doesn't meet my definition for absolute poverty because the skill gem itself costs 40c. Shav ring might not either

See the notes for my quick thoughts on why I didn't keep playing it.

The further elaborate, the Storm Brand of Indecision costing 40c is a perfect example. I hate how much popularity effects accessibility in this game(i.e. the mathil effect). So, when I'm my poorest, I try to plan around having no amount of money besides what few chaos might drop and what chaos recipe can provide.

I try to complete my atlas and get two void during this phase. I usually spec into Betrayal and I get almost all the crafts I care about during that time as well. Once that's finished, I can determine if I actually like a build and it's worth investing into.

For those reasons, I'm not sure LA is a good suggestion within my constraints. How inflated were items that would have otherwise been dirt cheap?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
huh, that penance brand of dissipation i randomly got out of normal lab is worth a div now. Maybe i'll try it out first before selling

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Other than the ability to actually run lab, is there any restriction in regards to what gems can drop from what difficulty labs or re all of them possible from the first one etc?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The only "restriction" is the option to turn a specific gem into an alt version of that specific gem. I don't think that can appear until merc lab, but if it can appear before then it's way, way more rare. And the uber+ labs have a higher chance of getting it.