Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, I felt like that when I was using a ghetto red trail + golden rule + slayer setup to generate frenzies back in the day. While I looked on longingly at guys with Replica Farrul's as that was like 50EX at the time or something. (Nowadays the good ghetto frenzy generator is those corrosion gloves.)

"All of these slots to generate something which should have a semi-reliable generator as a node, or something since there's all these ways to stack charges, but actually GETTING them outside of on kill effects is nigh-on impossible?? GGRRRR"

Janx

<Silver Donator>
hexblast mines still a thing this league? Had a blast (no pun intended) last league with it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
hexblast mines still a thing this league? Had a blast (no pun intended) last league with it.

Still looks to be fairly popular according to poe.ninja poe.ninja

Though with Sanctums being a little rarer Sandstorm Visage might be more pricy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Still playable. The build lost 15% mine throwing speed. Depending how you build it(mine throwing speed isn't nearly as easy to find as attack and cast speed), that could make minefield support feel a tad clunky.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Accidentally went into the woods after avoiding it for a while, results were good. 3 logbooks and a bunch of random currencies also. I'll experiment with it some more but its definitely slower per map.

accidentaljuice.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Accidentally went into the woods after avoiding it for a while, results were good. 3 logbooks and a bunch of random currencies also. I'll experiment with it some more but its definitely slower per map.

The woods slow you down, but they are usually absolutely worth the extra time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Khane Khane this might interest you

He's not doing tainted pact, but I'm also not certain why he's using golden rule. Surely lancing steel stacks 100 poisons within 4s easily without needing to reflect them to himself. Nor am I sure how he's surviving them.

Did they really repeat their 3.22 Return Projectiles support and forget to add "and Ailments" to lancing steel of spraying?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Khane Khane this might interest you

He's not doing tainted pact, but I'm also not certain why he's using golden rule. Surely lancing steel stacks 100 poisons within 4s easily without needing to reflect them to himself. Nor am I sure how he's surviving them.

Did they really repeat their 3.22 Return Projectiles support and forget to add "and Ailments" to lancing steel of spraying?
unaffected by poisons with malevolence from the Watcher's Eye.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit man, it looks almost like you're playing a completely different game than I am. You get the amount of drops in about 3 maps that I've gotten in 50 hours.
I think we might be bugged my friend. I ran maps all day yesterday "just alched" and the best I got was 1 Chaos and maybe a crappy Essence and some low tier currency from each one.

I have no idea how the hell this game works currency farming wise. I thank you all for trying to explain it but I am either just too fucking stupid or doing something wrong. :)

Edit: These are my "Alch and go" map results, and this one was 200% better than most.

Skärmbild 2023-12-19 095656.png

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
New storm brand reaching sorta endgame status at this point. My ES is still kinda shit but I'm really not sure how I can fix it, maybe another large cluster and some ES smalls? Damage on this skill in unreal, PoB is using chain in the main link and the clear is obscene. I can blast any random t16 with as much wisp juice as I can find without any real issue aside from a crit immune rare here or there.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we might be bugged my friend. I ran maps all day yesterday "just alched" and the best I got was 1 Chaos and maybe a crappy Essence and some low tier currency from each one.

I have no idea how the hell this game works currency farming wise. I thank you all for trying to explain it but I am either just too fucking stupid or doing something wrong. :)

Edit: These are my "Alch and go" map results, and this one was 200% better than most.

View attachment 504860

I don't really recommend alch and go tbh, maybe with some mechanics? Once you're running maps at the level you want to run (t16 usually, lower sometimes for MF or this league mechanic), you should be chiseling your maps (it takes 4 chisels on a white map, do it before you alch), probably rerolling them using this regex generator to black/whitelist mods and using atlas build relevant cost-efficient scarabs if you want to see good returns per map. Doing that and using this atlas tree I linked earlier, I fill my inventory up every map. I'm using rusty ambush, rusty legion, polished expedition and rusty div usually, and pick rarity/quant from most altars while using legion on the map device (2-3 legions per map this way). If you haven't unlocked your 5th map device slot, you get it by running a 4 way by putting in 4 legion emblems and running that. Are you using a good atlas tree build for what you're farming?

I'm also running 57% rarity from gear, no quant, not sure how much that helps tbh. I'll eventually throw on some ventors but saving for good ones atm after just getting a new bow.

Last edited:

Aazrael

I don't really recommend alch and go tbh, maybe with some mechanics? Once you're running maps at the level you want to run (t16 usually, lower sometimes for MF or this league mechanic), you should be chiseling your maps (it takes 4 chisels on a white map, do it before you alch), probably rerolling them using this regex generator to black/whitelist mods and using atlas build relevant cost-efficient scarabs if you want to see good returns per map. Doing that and using this atlas tree I linked earlier, I fill my inventory up every map. I'm using rusty ambush, rusty legion, polished expedition and rusty div usually, and pick rarity/quant from most altars while using legion on the map device (2-3 legions per map this way). If you haven't unlocked your 5th map device slot, you get it by running a 4 way by putting in 4 legion emblems and running that. Are you using a good atlas tree build for what you're farming?

I'm also running 57% rarity from gear, no quant, not sure how much that helps tbh. I'll eventually throw on some ventors but saving for good ones atm after just getting a new bow.
You guys are all super helpful. I do sound like an idiot though when I reply to you all. The problem is even this post is filled with PoE lingo I dont truly understand.

I got like 1 chisel, so I would need to spend my non existent wealth to buy more? I have no idea what whitelist/blacklist is.

I have a few scarabs but unless you get some in return from a map I'll run out in 4 maps. Once again I would need to use my non existent Chaos to buy more?

I know I am being a god damn stupid boomer. So feel free to tell me to fuck off and stick to D4. I think the gap of a somewhat good PoE player and people like me is too wast. You got really good explanations and tips but I am having a hard time understanding how to do them with my shitty stash.

As I mentioned earlier my Atlas is mainly small nodes right now from a tip off a relative, to get lots of map drops to complete the Atlas I guess. I did spec a little into Blight nodes because I do enjoy them, also got the Big Badaboom for Expedition. My Atlas is probably super bad.

I havent unlocked the extra map slots yet, I learned about that last League due to seeing a youtube video and noticing extra slots. Not sure how much the emblems sell for. I sure as hell dont have enough splinters for it myself.

Your patience with my retarded ass is appreciated. I try to learn but its just so overwhelming.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I definitely feel you. Yesterday I hit about 100 atlas points and decided to move on from wandering path. I went with AladainAF AladainAF 's strat (I like essences) and it made a massive difference. Wandering path seems good for unlocking the tree, but holy shit does it gimp your drops. Severely. I ran a few maps with it and realized I need an even more strict loot filter (think I'm using Neversink-3, which is just strict, may need to bump it up to 4 or 5). I need to figure out scarabs and shit (he uses 3 plus a fragment). I'm guessing one is strongboxes and another for harbingers but no idea on the 3rd. Also need to buy some more atlas respec points because redoing the entire tree is expensive.

This is all to say, atlas passives really make it or break it. If your tree sucks, your drops are going to blow ass. I did end up doing the chaos recipe a ton more than everyone recommends (I think they say do 20?). I just kept a tab with 2-3 of every rare piece and sold them as I went. I'd suggest doing that to raise the money to unfuck the game.

I also did end up spending some time last night going through a lot of the shit I hadn't tried selling yet. I hope there's a better way, but I basically just opened up the PoE trade website and would input the stats of an item (usually ballparking the stat range of mine to see others pop up). I've got a few jewels and things that are worth 50c up to 1+ divine. And it's all shit as a new player I'd never guess. Luckily I saved most of the rare jewels just cause they take up one slot.

So questions from this post: It sounds like for my maps I want to use a base map, chisel it, throw an alchemy on it (and wipe it if it has bad stats), then vaal it... sometimes? After that, run it with a frag and scarabs (Aladain can let me know which he runs?). What about voidstones? I've only got one, should I always use it?

And then question two is, is there a better way to price my gear? Looking up each one individually is a massive time investment and real hassle.

And also, when I look on the PoE website, and do normal trades and not bulk, when it was someone has a stack of an item (say 64/20) and it's listed at 1c, does that just mean it's a 1:1 trade and they have 64? And do you typically buy their whole stack, or can you whisper them that you want 10? I ask because on the bulk, things like orb of unmasking are only listed for a divine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I definitely feel you. Yesterday I hit about 100 atlas points and decided to move on from wandering path. I went with AladainAF AladainAF 's strat (I like essences) and it made a massive difference. Wandering path seems good for unlocking the tree, but holy shit does it gimp your drops. Severely. I ran a few maps with it and realized I need an even more strict loot filter (think I'm using Neversink-3, which is just strict, may need to bump it up to 4 or 5). I need to figure out scarabs and shit (he uses 3 plus a fragment). I'm guessing one is strongboxes and another for harbingers but no idea on the 3rd. Also need to buy some more atlas respec points because redoing the entire tree is expensive.

This is all to say, atlas passives really make it or break it. If your tree sucks, your drops are going to blow ass. I did end up doing the chaos recipe a ton more than everyone recommends (I think they say do 20?). I just kept a tab with 2-3 of every rare piece and sold them as I went. I'd suggest doing that to raise the money to unfuck the game.

I also did end up spending some time last night going through a lot of the shit I hadn't tried selling yet. I hope there's a better way, but I basically just opened up the PoE trade website and would input the stats of an item (usually ballparking the stat range of mine to see others pop up). I've got a few jewels and things that are worth 50c up to 1+ divine. And it's all shit as a new player I'd never guess. Luckily I saved most of the rare jewels just cause they take up one slot.

So questions from this post: It sounds like for my maps I want to use a base map, chisel it, throw an alchemy on it (and wipe it if it has bad stats), then vaal it... sometimes? After that, run it with a frag and scarabs (Aladain can let me know which he runs?). What about voidstones? I've only got one, should I always use it?

And then question two is, is there a better way to price my gear? Looking up each on individually is a massive time investment and real hassle.

There's macros for pricing gear. Or you can just set up a bunch of prepriced 5c - 10c - 15c etc tabs and dump shit in there. If you get spammed immediately, bump it up a tab, if it doesn't sell fast, bump it down.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, speaking of that, too. I've got some random unique weapon that I priced at 7c (I think there were a few at 5c). I wouldn't get any responses for an hour then all the sudden like 3-4. I'd invite and every time they'd immediately leave the group. It happened over and over. It started to piss me off because I was leaving my map every time.

Any idea what the fuck is going on there? It's absolutely infuriating leaving the instance, inviting someone, and then they just join and stop and disappear. And like I said, the strangest part is that I'd get a couple messages right after each other, and then nothing for a long stretch.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Most cheap items are listed by people who only opportunistically respond. As in, they have to be in their HO when you message them. So, to "combat" that, buyers will mass message sellers to save on time. If more than one responds, they just turn down the extra invites.

Trade is easily the worst part of this game. Raxx recently did a review of PoE. And while I think he was relatively fair, I think he was far too forgiving of trade. I'm not actually sure he touched on the clunkiness of trade.

• 1Like

Aazrael

And then question two is, is there a better way to price my gear? Looking up each one individually is a massive time investment and real hassle.

And also, when I look on the PoE website, and do normal trades and not bulk, when it was someone has a stack of an item (say 64/20) and it's listed at 1c, does that just mean it's a 1:1 trade and they have 64? And do you typically buy their whole stack, or can you whisper them that you want 10? I ask because on the bulk, things like orb of unmasking are only listed for a divine.
The Item selling is probably the biggest issue for me. I vendor almost everything i accidentally pick up because it looks like trash. I have probably sold multiple divines through my Leagues. Or left them on the ground.

But thats on me. I dont think I have the brain power to learn all that.

When I do end up putting an item I think is great into sale tabs it never sells. :p

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most cheap items are listed by people who only opportunistically respond. As in, they have to be in their HO when you message them. So, to "combat" that, buyers will mass message sellers to save on time. If more than one responds, they just turn down the extra invites.

Trade is easily the worst part of this game. Raxx recently did a review of PoE. And while I think he was relatively fair, I think he was far too forgiving of trade. I'm not actually sure he touched on the clunkiness of trade.

Right, but in this scenario they're joining my group and then dropping right after. At first I thought it was me pulling the item from my stash (thinking maybe it was some sort of bot thing and when it was removed it didn't show up on their list so they dropped), but that wasn't it.