Path of Exile

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also about the 3 buttons in the Map Device. Exarch, Maven and Eater. Whats the good thing to do there? Maven for the Quests I guess? But then should you always have an influence going?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Also about the 3 buttons in the Map Device. Exarch, Maven and Eater. Whats the good thing to do there? Maven for the Quests I guess? But then should you always have an influence going?

Some of that is build dependent as red altars and blue alters have different penalties attached to them and you might run in to more shit you don't want to click at all on one versus another. Red's more popular at the moment. It's consistently decent whereas blue has the big lottery ticket payouts.

If you do Maven with Destructive Play so she summons extra bosses and then all the "map boss has a chance at dropping a fancy map" nodes can be fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So uh, I finally got around to running the eternal labyrinth, and this dropped for me. Not sure what I should do with it.

Hilariously, the only reason I even ran it was because I was 1 challenge away from the league body armour cosmetic.

Untitled.png

• 1Mother of God

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wisp juice + rogue exile nodes + ghost nodes = kind of stupid amounts of drops.
Especially good for alch and go (i'm doing sirus maps) because you get all your ghosted guys even with no juice. Probably worth to use reliquary scarabs though even though i haven't so far.

This is from 1 map when it hits. Got a scarab conversion guy and 1 div+valdo box from another.
1703017141113.png

• 1Mother of God

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So uh, I finally got around to running the eternal labyrinth, and this dropped for me. Not sure what I should do with it.

Hilariously, the only reason I even ran it was because I was 1 challenge away from the league body armour cosmetic.

View attachment 504937

Well, that's worth over 20 divine so....

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Damn Gravel went PoE pro in 1 day...

Went into the Forrest a few maps and collected some pink and yellow stuffs, not noticing much difference by doing that.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn Gravel went PoE pro in 1 day...
The changes I made have nothing to do with that drop. I only posted it cause it dropped and I looked it up and was like wtf?

I'm assuming I should sell it. I've only got one passive jewel slot and it's giving me chaos resist plus some other stuff. Not sure 5% HP is worth the gear I could get, even though it's likely pretty massive.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The changes I made have nothing to do with that drop. I only posted it cause it dropped and I looked it up and was like wtf?
This has always been my experience with earning currency in PoE. I've hardly ever earned "consistent" currency/h. Any time I've done a league where my build popped off, it was the result of some random, lucky drop like a The Doctor card, mirror, etc.

Aazrael

Did a bunch of Blight maps today. Nothing crazy dropped but according to the Stash snooping program I got 30+ Chaos per run in various currency and oils etc.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Be careful using those 'wealth' tools - they tend to vastly inflate your idea about what you are looting/earning. The reality is none of those oils you picked up that are lower than like, a crimson, are worth anything cause no one will buy them.

They tend to also do this for div cards and other extremely impossible to sell (even in bulk) commodities.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

View attachment 504937
Definitely sell it. Then use the proceeds to get your build fixed up like you want it.

FYI those are good in 3's. They all stack, and if you get a combo like 5% max life, min power charges, min frenzy charges, it's = to 15% life, +3 min power charge, +3 minimum frenzy charges. Crazy strong if you can take advantage of it. Downside is it takes up 3 jewel slots, which is a lot for most builds.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Be careful using those 'wealth' tools - they tend to vastly inflate your idea about what you are looting/earning. The reality is none of those oils you picked up that are lower than like, a crimson, are worth anything cause no one will buy them.

They tend to also do this for div cards and other extremely impossible to sell (even in bulk) commodities.
This is very true. To actually make use of people's "net value" they'd have to have an auction house or a trader bot or something moving each of the ticky-tacky items. Very few people are selling teal oils for 2c one a time.

THAT SAID there are a LOT of times I just needed ONE of some shit level item like a low oil and I had to spam down the list and hit the 7th guy to actually make a 2c sale. So if you're eating and watching a movie and want to list some low shit and just sit in hideout making 1-2c trades it can be done, but as it's not necessarily an efficient use of actual playtime.

Really hoping we get a merchant vendor for us that just lets us put our sales tabs on him and allow people permission to come into our hideout to buy it from him. Would be 90% the same shit without having to stop everything you're doing to do it. The anti-botting sentiment from GGG is good, but at a certain level of currency trades you're already trading with fully scripted trader bots. And tbh those interactions are the best ones because there's no waiting and no fucking around.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Really hoping we get a merchant vendor for us that just lets us put our sales tabs on him and allow people permission to come into our hideout to buy it from him. Would be 90% the same shit without having to stop everything you're doing to do it. The anti-botting sentiment from GGG is good, but at a certain level of currency trades you're already trading with fully scripted trader bots. And tbh those interactions are the best ones because there's no waiting and no fucking around.
And kill player interaction that Chris clings to as super meaningful?! No way, pal!

Aazrael

Yea to turn stuff into Chaos/Divine it would take a lot of work. Its nice that the app finds the high value stuff in there though if I need to sell something for an upgrade.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
THAT SAID there are a LOT of times I just needed ONE of some shit level item like a low oil and I had to spam down the list and hit the 7th guy to actually make a 2c sale. So if you're eating and watching a movie and want to list some low shit and just sit in hideout making 1-2c trades it can be done, but as it's not necessarily an efficient use of actual playtime.

I just offer more. "I'll pay you 5c for it please just sell it to me lol"

I find the wealth tools very useful. It's not perfect of course. But its a good gauge of the efficiency of what you're doing.

I usually focus directly on things like my essence tab only which it actually undervalues a lot.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the wealth tool I've been using for the last couple leagues. Makes pricing bulk currencies and tabs so much easier. Another thing you can do is bulk tft tool.

I still haven't sold my scarabs and essences yet. Remember, because trading is ass backwards, pricing things in Divines means you sell less for more.

Aazrael

Big Badaboom in Expedition is truly click and pray mobs dont go Immortal and Deletes you.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Big Badaboom in Expedition is truly click and pray mobs dont go Immortal and Deletes you.
When you set the explosive, there's a little icon that pops up that lists all the things that will affect all the mobs. Scan it real quick for immunities or fatalities for your build. If you can move the giant explosive away from one of the shrines that's bad, try that. If it's just bad, you can choose not to do it and move on. It's the downside for the choice of picking the Oppenheimer mod, but overall it can save time and get you more stuff over tons of maps. If you're not blasting though and play a little slower or are just starting out, it can be better to just not take that node and be careful with your bomb placements.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is my first league in a year, so the atlas stuff is all new to me... why do I see people taking gateways when everything is already connected via regular small nodes? Isn't that just a waste of points?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is my first league in a year, so the atlas stuff is all new to me... why do I see people taking gateways when everything is already connected via regular small nodes? Isn't that just a waste of points?

If you take all the gateways plus a seventh keystone gateway you get access to every kirac mod. People do it to be able to get essences each map for 2c or Legion for 6c.