Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I assumed that was more the one in the 6link doing the damage. Like this one has ice spear + pcoc + frostbite in his cospri. This one has frostbite in there too, with freezing pulse and pcoc. The ones using ice nova all have frostbolt socketed in there with gmp because they need the balls for the ice novas obviously.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been playing poison FR today too, but it seems my results are much different.

Clear is fantastic. Auto-aiming projectiles help spread poison prolif.
Despite ridiculous max hits and Master Surgeon sustain, I still go splat every few maps WITHOUT wisp juice.
Single target dps feels anemic. I think this is the umpteenth time I've had to learn that I don't like poison ramp. Doesn't help that I can't see shit with this skill. I frequently stand still to cast for a few seconds only to move(been standing still for too long!) and find that the boss moved away at least halfway through.

I gotta be honest with you. Master Surgeon is bait. Palsteron is baiting everyone trying to pretend it isnt. It requires too much extra investment to make it worthwhile and then you still have to remember to press the damn thing every ~7-8 seconds or whatever it is, and you lose a utility flask, with all the goodies that come with it thanks to all the flask effect from PF. It's also constantly removing your leech effect making that flask craft less worthwhile.

Going for the big max res numbers is pretty sweet but upping flask effect would have more effect since you are a pathfinder (especially if you take Nature's Boon over Master Surgeon).

Also, with all that max res spell suppression seems like a complete waste, even though half of ele is getting converted to chaos.

My guess on the "sqishy" every so often factor is the fact you aren't crit immune and don't have enough phys conversion. I'd drop the 20% faster poison mastery and replace it with poisoned monsters cannot crit. It's probably the most OP mastery on the tree (I know, I know, all the poison masteries are crazy). The 300% extra damage is nice QoL for mapping so you can keep moving without needing to stop and turret.

Probably better off throwing clarity on arrogance as well and getting a watcher's eye that gives damage taken recouped as mana. This turns forbidden right into a mana battery. Drop the sorrow of the divine for another utility flask (maybe sulphur since you say damage is a struggle) and throw the mana cost reduction flask craft on it and you should be able to cast your spells without the life mastery and EB if you replace that Enduring Composure small cluster with a reservation efficiency one for Malevolence (which also gives chaos res) or Purity of Fire or something. You might even be able to drop the mana mastery as well that way. All of your damage taken bypasses ES anyway so just using ES leech and having it protect your life bar should be more efficient to proc everlasting sacrifice and keep the extra max res.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I assumed that was more the one in the 6link doing the damage. Like this one has ice spear + pcoc + frostbite in his cospri. This one has frostbite in there too, with freezing pulse and pcoc. The ones using ice nova all have frostbolt socketed in there with gmp because they need the balls for the ice novas obviously.
Well there are many different versions, the two you linked are just using the cospri's linked spells to build power charges quickly and apply the curse. those power charges and the curse increase the 6links damage by like 50 percent though.

Even then, the freezing pulse is doing 3mil and the ice spear of splitting is doing 6 mil, which is more than some whole builds. but the 6 link in these builds are doing the majority of the work, sure

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I gotta be honest with you. Master Surgeon is bait. Palsteron is baiting everyone trying to pretend it isnt. It requires too much extra investment to make it worthwhile and then you still have to remember to press the damn thing every ~7-8 seconds or whatever it is, and you lose a utility flask, with all the goodies that come with it thanks to all the flask effect from PF. It's also constantly removing your leech effect making that flask craft less worthwhile.

Going for the big max res numbers is pretty sweet but upping flask effect would have more effect since you are a pathfinder (especially if you take Nature's Boon over Master Surgeon).

Also, with all that max res spell suppression seems like a complete waste, even though half of ele is getting converted to chaos.

My guess on the "sqishy" every so often factor is the fact you aren't crit immune and don't have enough phys conversion. I'd drop the 20% faster poison mastery and replace it with poisoned monsters cannot crit. It's probably the most OP mastery on the tree (I know, I know, all the poison masteries are crazy). The 300% extra damage is nice QoL for mapping so you can keep moving without needing to stop and turret.

Probably better off throwing clarity on arrogance as well and getting a watcher's eye that gives damage taken recouped as mana. This turns forbidden right into a mana battery. Drop the sorrow of the divine for another utility flask (maybe sulphur since you say damage is a struggle) and throw the mana cost reduction flask craft on it and you should be able to cast your spells without the life mastery and EB if you replace that Enduring Composure small cluster with a reservation efficiency one for Malevolence (which also gives chaos res) or Purity of Fire or something. You might even be able to drop the mana mastery as well that way. All of your damage taken bypasses ES anyway so just using ES leech and having it protect your life bar should be more efficient to proc everlasting sacrifice and keep the extra max res.
I'm not sure Master Surgeon is bait. Either way, I'm not playing it without an AHK macro that automates it, so I'm not forgetting to press it. I agree with utility flask opportunity cost, but I think it's needed here. Life flask + Replica Sorrow is how the build refills ES every 4s for +5 all max res. Otherwise, you need a build with a ton of instant leech. I also like Petrified Blood + Master Surgeon as a way to get some more EHP.

I guess spell suppression was an afterthought. Right sight of tree, might as well pick it up.

I'll give the crit immune a try, I haven't used that mastery. Really hard to tell what exactly killed you. As for phys conversion, I thought the 39% less on chest would make up for a significant portion of that.

I'm not actually sure that my dps is low. It "feels" low, but I also have 6+ seconds of ramp time. Is it because I'm frequently moving and disrupting ramp, almost no build can stand still for more than a couple seconds? Is it because I suck at aiming while also trying to dodge shit? Did I simulate something wrong in PoB?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know if wisps effect harvest juice? I seem to remember one of you saying it does. Yellow is at an all time high it seems right now. Was thinking of running a harvest strat with my ice trap build since it'll just melt no matter how juiced they are. And leveling that way

Khane

I'm not sure Master Surgeon is bait. Either way, I'm not playing it without an AHK macro that automates it, so I'm not forgetting to press it. I agree with utility flask opportunity cost, but I think it's needed here. Life flask + Replica Sorrow is how the build refills ES every 4s for +5 all max res. Otherwise, you need a build with a ton of instant leech. I also like Petrified Blood + Master Surgeon as a way to get some more EHP.

I guess spell suppression was an afterthought. Right sight of tree, might as well pick it up.

I'll give the crit immune a try, I haven't used that mastery. Really hard to tell what exactly killed you. As for phys conversion, I thought the 39% less on chest would make up for a significant portion of that.

I'm not actually sure that my dps is low. It "feels" low, but I also have 6+ seconds of ramp time. Is it because I'm frequently moving and disrupting ramp, almost no build can stand still for more than a couple seconds? Is it because I suck at aiming while also trying to dodge shit? Did I simulate something wrong in PoB?

9 mil dps should feel fine while mapping. Just paying the 80c or whatever it is for the stupid King of the Mists quest and adding an explode charm would probably feel better and less "rampy"? Assuming your CWDT setup applies the curses fast, not sure how all that chaos max res affects your CWDT proc rate.

• 1Like

Khane

Does anyone know if wisps effect harvest juice? I seem to remember one of you saying it does. Yellow is at an all time high it seems right now. Was thinking of running a harvest strat with my ice trap build since it'll just melt no matter how juiced they are. And leveling that way

Well wisps definitely affect the monsters in the sacred grove. And harvest juice does get affected by quant so don't see why it wouldn't. Its fuckin rippy as hell though man. I did a few harvests earlier in the league just running through maps after only getting like 2k wisps and whoo boy.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need a new build or gonna quit the league, but seems like a shame as I collected a grab bag of useful items . What can I make with a mahuxotls and progenesis? I want something that automates flasks and has insane recoup/recovery but also takes full advantage of the mahuxotls, and should be essentially degen and ailment immune. Ideally I also have something that gives me a ton of life/mana gain on hit, cuz I don’t want to worry about the bullshit like maven beam. can I just buy an 8 link shaper weapon to carry whatever build I want ? It doesn’t have to be a great mapper, I’ve been doing corrupting fever and other map clear builds all league, I wanna switch to some Uber farming and want it to be easy on my old man reflexes, I just wanna stand in shit like sirus beams and degen grounds.

Tldr - ive never beaten Uber sirus not even close, so what build can I make that will face tank his shit and let me almost afk the fight? Assume I can’t dodge anything except the atom storms and maybe meteors.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Edit - I want it to hit like a bajillion times per second. I played that doryanis smite aegis build way back when ashes first came out and it was great cuz of that. Also if I can squeeze in some decent es gain on hit them I can keep my mahus up mostly just from fast attacks even if leech is an issue

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

It does not juice your harvest juice, only their normal drops, which are complete dogshit to begin with so mostly don't bother.

If you really wanted to grind harvest juice while still doing wisps you'd probably want to do it with wandering path and all the small nodes - more juice from the smaller mobs, less big stupid rares/bosses to become wisp problems etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I need a new build or gonna quit the league, but seems like a shame as I collected a grab bag of useful items . What can I make with a mahuxotls and progenesis? I want something that automates flasks and has insane recoup/recovery but also takes full advantage of the mahuxotls, and should be essentially degen and ailment immune. Ideally I also have something that gives me a ton of life/mana gain on hit, cuz I don’t want to worry about the bullshit like maven beam. can I just buy an 8 link shaper weapon to carry whatever build I want ? It doesn’t have to be a great mapper, I’ve been doing corrupting fever and other map clear builds all league, I wanna switch to some Uber farming and want it to be easy on my old man reflexes, I just wanna stand in shit like sirus beams and degen grounds.

Tldr - ive never beaten Uber sirus not even close, so what build can I make that will face tank his shit and let me almost afk the fight? Assume I can’t dodge anything except the atom storms and maybe meteors.
Sounds like you want a poison pathfinder. See the build I linked above. I'm negative about it for my own subjective tastes, but it does fit a lot of what you want. You can fit many other builds into the poison/pathfinder/mahu/tempered by war shell.

BTW, life gain on hit does NOT bypass Maven's Punishment. It shuts off all life and ES recovery. Not rate of recovery, just plain recovery. I believe Dissolution of the Flesh is the only way to get around that debuff.

Khane

Second the forbidden rite setup.

Here's a high budget dot capped version of what Deathwing is playing

https://pobb.in/5l41BCBzQyLJ

And here is Ruetoo's version which does not use mahu but still can tank uber sirus meteor

Older tree on that one so have to reconfigure a bit if playing it this league.

Added bonus that the build is not a bosser specifically and still blows up maps.

Khane

It does not juice your harvest juice, only their normal drops, which are complete dogshit to begin with so mostly don't bother.

If you really wanted to grind harvest juice while still doing wisps you'd probably want to do it with wandering path and all the small nodes - more juice from the smaller mobs, less big stupid rares/bosses to become wisp problems etc.

The quant modifier from yellow wisps should work on juice drops.

Though pack size is always king for Harvest farming.

Khane

What does the clear speed of packs normally look like? Is it just one cast? Here's a short video of me in a normal, unjuiced T16. Keep in mind I don't run Malevolence and also don't have despair in my CWDT curse setup. Its punishment (I love the debilitate) + Enfeeble + Temp chains. I self cast despair and only on super tanky mobs/bosses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What does the clear speed of packs normally look like? Is it just one cast? Here's a short video of me in a normal, unjuiced T16. Keep in mind I don't run Malevolence and also don't have despair in my CWDT curse setup. Its punishment (I love the debilitate) + Enfeeble + Temp chains. I self cast despair and only on super tanky mobs/bosses.

Thanks for sharing. Lot better than words that mean different things to different people. I'll see if I can capture and share something myself tonight. Not something I do even occasionally.

Yes, one cast clears a pack. I would say yours clears faster as I can visually track my poison prolif in action. It was harder to see that in your example. I don't have a problem with that, it's reliable enough that I know to move on even as the projectiles are in the air. Stragglers will be covered by the auto aim.

It's when I get to the map boss, I expect them to be pushovers too at that level of clear. I don't necessarily have an issue with a map boss taking longer than I expected. It's when I stand and focus on dps, I do dumb shit and get myself killed. If it really is the 6s of ramp(probably longer with poison duration stacking from charms), I wonder what is a more accurate way to model that in PoB?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

How you stand seeing your health that low, braver man than I.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I fully understand that, but I think it'd cause my BP to go through the roof. Definitely in the less than 90% HP and I'm chugging pots crowd.