Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once you realize you're either one shot or not in this game, PB feels great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can someone translate this into something I can use to craft the item? I think I have a pretty good handle on Craft of Exile now but I cannot make it work, at least not without a high probability of starting over from scratch multiple times.

- reforge cold until resist and dexterity
- at 5am, craft suffixes can't be changed and reforge fire for 4% chance to hit +1 fire gems until you realize how stupid this is and just craft fire to attacks and add/remove fire in harvest and be really upset that you just wasted 10 divines for no reason god that was so stupid what are you doing go to bed
- craft life

Base item is a +1 all skill gems fracture citrine or onyx amulet. Reforging it to get to the point of having just the +1, cold res, dex/all attr, and random suffix on it is simple enough. The rest makes no sense to me though. I craft suffixes cannot be changed, then scour, then .... ??? If you bench craft fire to attacks on it you can't craft suffixes cannot be changed again. If you harvest craft it on with reforge fire, well, you still can't craft suffixes cannot be changed because then the prefixes are full and you can't do add/remove fire. Best case seems to be yoloing a/r fire and praying to RNGesus that it takes the random suffix or the fire dmg and not the cold res or dex/all attr. Fail the 50/50 and you're starting it all over. Remove the random suffix and you're not crafting life. He makes it sound simple (and also sounds like he's saying a/r fire always removes fire when it is actually random), so what'd I miss?

Alternatively, is there a better way to craft a +1 skills, +1 fire skills, life, dex (needs to be 47 total), cold res amulet? The dex could also be 22%+ chaos res, but I am pretty sure that's vastly less likely to happen.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can someone translate this into something I can use to craft the item? I think I have a pretty good handle on Craft of Exile now but I cannot make it work, at least not without a high probability of starting over from scratch multiple times.

Base item is a +1 all skill gems fracture citrine or onyx amulet. Reforging it to get to the point of having just the +1, cold res, dex/all attr, and random suffix on it is simple enough. The rest makes no sense to me though. I craft suffixes cannot be changed, then scour, then .... ??? If you bench craft fire to attacks on it you can't craft suffixes cannot be changed again. If you harvest craft it on with reforge fire, well, you still can't craft suffixes cannot be changed because then the prefixes are full and you can't do add/remove fire. Best case seems to be yoloing a/r fire and praying to RNGesus that it takes the random suffix or the fire dmg and not the cold res or dex/all attr. Fail the 50/50 and you're starting it all over. Remove the random suffix and you're not crafting life. He makes it sound simple (and also sounds like he's saying a/r fire always removes fire when it is actually random), so what'd I miss?

Alternatively, is there a better way to craft a +1 skills, +1 fire skills, life, dex (needs to be 47 total), cold res amulet? The dex could also be 22%+ chaos res, but I am pretty sure that's vastly less likely to happen.
I think you do it to block it so you are guaranteed the +fire gems assuming all your suffixes are filled

Vorph

I think you do it to block it so you are guaranteed the +fire gems assuming all your suffixes are filled
Right, the +1 fire is guaranteed when you have flat fire already there. But it's not guaranteed to remove the flat fire and could take one of the suffixes off instead, which bricks the item.

Unless I've missed something it's either he didn't realize he just got lucky with the add/rem fire or else Craft of Exile is wrong and you can do add/rem fire even with full prefixes (one being suffixes cannot be changed).

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

If it was me i'd Use dex essences untill 2 resists. This is so 1 can be eaten by the add/remove harvest craft. Craft fire damage to attacks.
This way you have 1/4 good result where it eats the craft, 2/4 times it will eat 1 of the resists which is what the plan is and 1/4 where we get screwed
1704319299759.png

add remove fire
1704319416704.png

Craft life (and exalt if it ate a resistor or put aspect of the spider on it) or gamble with suffix can't be changed and aisling slam, harvest change the resists to the kind you need.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm assuming it'll respect the suffix can't be changed like other forms of crafting do (ala aishling/veiled chaos). This means if the only 2 prefix are fire to attacks and the craft suffix can't be changed it'll remove the craft for the +1 gems.

"Add a new Fire modifier and remove another random modifier from a non-Influenced item." I guess it could remove the fire dmg to attacks or the craft for it since it can remove fire mods.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The only advice I have is to make sure it doesn't make more sense to just buy the thing that has all the shit on it you want. I've gotten in to the weeds on things before and felt foolish at the end.

• 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The only advice I have is to make sure it doesn't make more sense to just buy the thing that has all the shit on it you want. I've gotten in to the weeds on things before and felt foolish at the end.
I may or may not have spent like 3 divines trying to craft a cluster earlier before saying fuck it and buying one for 2div that was passable...

Vorph

Yeah, this is basically my last item and everything else turned out to be cheaper to buy than fuck around with myself. In this case the correct rolls are like 60-70 div, 'almost' is 35-40, and 'will have to make major changes elsewhere' is about the same cost as buying the base (20-25).

If it was me i'd Use dex essences untill 2 resists.
That's a good idea now that you mention it. I could get by with T3 essences since I don't actually need the max roll and that looks cheaper than using harvest craft in the long run.

Edit: As usual, just ended up buying one.... close enough to what I needed after a couple blessed orbs and a swap from lightning to cold res, and it was only 24d:
1704325411113.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Coc ice spear is disappointing me so far, my returning proj do not seem to be returning very much. Maybe 5% of the projectiles I see do a return, probably even less than 5% tho.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Now that Im actually playing a character instead of experimenting I'm gonna miss this league mechanic. Not because of the loot, but because of the insane experience it adds to maps.

96 -> 97 only took 12 maps. If you get lucky and get like 6k+ juice in each map you could probably do it in 8-10. That monsters drop no loot but you get 300% experience shrine is insane too. I got I think 26% of a level when I got that on the way from 95 to 96.

Vorph

Does PoB not do the math properly for Indigon builds? I'm seeing no change in dps between 23-25% damage rolls, but fairly large changes with the upper end of the mana cost roll. Guide I'm looking at says the opposite; 25% is an absolute must and just get as high as you can for the cost. Don't really want to spend the money on a perfect one, at least not until I see if I like playing it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What does the "Mana spent recently" config say? If you put a high enough number in that field, you'll cap out at 2000% increased no matter the damage roll on Indigon.

As for the mana cost roll, my guess is that it's affecting how PoB calculates manaforged arrow's proc rate.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does PoB not do the math properly for Indigon builds? I'm seeing no change in dps between 23-25% damage rolls, but fairly large changes with the upper end of the mana cost roll. Guide I'm looking at says the opposite; 25% is an absolute must and just get as high as you can for the cost. Don't really want to spend the money on a perfect one, at least not until I see if I like playing it.

So with your hat

1704395435480.png

Do you have it set in PoB such that

1704395467678.png

You're at the 2000% cap? If your mana pool is big enough you're going to cap the 2000% on a couple globes than the spell damage roll is whatever.

edit - beaten by Deathwing

Vorph

Ah ok, the mana spent was set to 18000 in the PoB, and if I lower it anywhere from 1000 to 16000 it looks like each % of damage is worth about 2-2.5% of cost.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Has anyone done the abyss MF strat? One nice thing about using an Utula's is I can buy really well rolled rarity/quantity ventors for cheap that have exactly 0 life and they still work with Utulas. I've switched Atlas and gotten the sextants/scarabs for Goratha's strat but Im not entirely clear how to maximize Spire mob spawns (with +2 proj on map).

Do I have to be near the spire? Do I have to damage it a certain amount? Etc...

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone done the abyss MF strat? One nice thing about using an Utula's is I can buy really well rolled rarity/quantity ventors for cheap that have exactly 0 life and they still work with Utulas. I've switched Atlas and gotten the sextants/scarabs for Goratha's strat but Im not entirely clear how to maximize Spire mob spawns (with +2 proj on map).

Do I have to be near the spire? Do I have to damage it a certain amount? Etc...
I'm doing T7 cemetary with 2 ventors and a goldwyrm, might try a simplex amulet over omni, but anyway, depending on the mods on the map I usually pull damage on the spires. I try to get them to 50% and back away 2 screens and let the mobs come to me.

I think they spit a "hole" at 100%, 75% and 50%. So once you see three points around the spires youre usually good.

• 1Like

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I need a new build, I have 150 divs and want to blast juiced t14+. I am currently a LA deadeye with HH but am not sure if upgrades will make it feel good or if switching to tornado shot will make that much of a difference.