Path of Exile

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a major bug on console where the "extra backpack" from the new shit prevents you from being to put anything in your stash. Damn

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the explanation!

How do you then get map sustain on T7 if you have voidstones up? Because then the dropped will be T16.

Or do people just buy the maps?
Just open as many favorite map slots as you can and put it to the map you are running, if you hover over the locked slot it will tell you what you need to open it. Do a few runs without voidstones and that should give you enough for a while. also the more mods on the map increases pack size(which increases number of wisps), quant and rarity. There seems to be breakpoints and the more juice the more loot gets shit out. Also if you are running tier 14+ you can get the shrines in your map, the best ones are quant, dupe currency, dupe cards, and dupe unique. Just keep in mind your build better be legit because the difficulty ramps up fast. CuteDog has been streaming his runs which can give you a good idea of how to ramp it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Thanks for the explanation!

How do you then get map sustain on T7 if you have voidstones up? Because then the dropped will be T16.

Or do people just buy the maps?

If you're doing it on your own you can take

1704736155824.png

and then use your favorites to block all the maps connected to Cemetery and one map adjacent to it

1704736248499.png

to skew the drops towards Cemetery and Tropical Island. With enough percent chance for a connected map to drop you'll never have to run something other than one of those two

1704736505476.png

There are exceptions to this rule but in general the maps that drop are the maps that are on the atlas. You put in one watchstone, it increases the tier of the maps, those are the maps you'll find. You aren't going to get T4 Cemeteries with zero watchstones and you aren't going to get T7s with two or more. Once you're up and running you can bail on that and just rely on Singular Focus and drops from juiced maps. The thing to keep in mind with PoE is that it is as much an economics sim as it is an action RPG. Building your own map pool can be handy but time spent doing that is time not spent going ham.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
For the T7 cemetary strategy you dont do anything special with the Atlas (Its a pretty normal Wandering Path setup). You apply your sextants to whatever voidstones you do have, you open the T7 cemetary map, wait for the portals to appear, and then you simply take ALL BUT ONE voidstone out. Then you enter the map and T7 cemetaries will drop naturally. And plenty of them to perma sustain if you get enough wisps.

I could only stomach doing it for about a day and it filled my entire map stash slot for T7 cemetaries (72 I think) with quite a bit of overflow. Of course you make cemetary your favorited map in every slot.

Here is the original video on the strategy:

And here is his addendum explaining how he sustains maps, which he left out in the first video:

As an aside, Goratha is one of the best build makers in the game at the moment. So if you find yourself struggling with a build I'd check his out, he has a spreadsheet with all current builds he's made along with previous leagues and there are usually youtube videos on each.

He's a HC player so his builds tend to very tanky and thus very good for people struggling in SC with dying over and over.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the T7 cemetary strategy you dont do anything special with the Atlas (Its a pretty normal Wandering Path setup). You apply your sextants to whatever voidstones you do have, you open the T7 cemetary map, wait for the portals to appear, and then you simply take ALL BUT ONE voidstone out. Then you enter the map and T7 cemetaries will drop naturally. And plenty of them to perma sustain if you get enough wisps.

I could only stomach doing it for about a day and it filled my entire map stash slot for T7 cemetaries (72 I think) with quite a bit of overflow. Of course you make cemetary your favorited map in every slot.

Here is the original video on the strategy:

And here is his addendum explaining how he sustains maps, which he left out in the first video:

As an aside, Goratha is one of the best build makers in the game at the moment. So if you find yourself struggling with a build I'd check his out, he has a spreadsheet with all current builds he's made along with previous leagues and there are usually youtube videos on each.

He's a HC player so his builds tend to very tanky and thus very good for people struggling in SC with dying over and over.
Hmm wonder how that glacial hammer is for boss rushing?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always hit the wall after 2 voidstones and like lvl 90. I dont think I have it in me to just do the same map over and over. I would like to make a shit ton of currency but its just too much work and materials invested to get good maps up and then getting one shotted by stuff I dont understand.

I dont think that gameplay is for me. I enjoy getting a character leveled and the build going but after that I lose a lot of motivation to continue.

So now I'll ditch the Boneshatter and try a bow build I think. I got 9 Divines to twink with. Thats my Fortune in this League, what most seem to get in one map. :p

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always hit the wall after 2 voidstones and like lvl 90. I dont think I have it in me to just do the same map over and over. I would like to make a shit ton of currency but its just too much work and materials invested to get good maps up and then getting one shotted by stuff I dont understand.

I dont think that gameplay is for me. I enjoy getting a character leveled and the build going but after that I lose a lot of motivation to continue.

So now I'll ditch the Boneshatter and try a bow build I think. I got 9 Divines to twink with. Thats my Fortune in this League, what most seem to get in one map. :p
This is actually the most valid way to play this game

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably slower than something like

How does that not immediately just disconnect you from the server? I get a de-synch crash half the time just using leap slam with the 2x action shrine. That build seems like it'd be comical for 5 way's

Xevy

Log Wizard
That build is very meme. Looks like ~2m dps. You will at some point desync yourself too. You're better off running any bower/ranged minion build probably and just running in a straight line if you're not doing content. Especially at the cost of a squire which is.... 2.4 divines? What the fuck.

Okay maybe if you're just shitting boss invitations it's worth it, but he was doing Maven witnesses and I didn't even see extra bosses? Weird.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That build is very meme. Looks like ~2m dps. You will at some point desync yourself too. You're better off running any bower/ranged minion build probably and just running in a straight line if you're not doing content. Especially at the cost of a squire which is.... 2.4 divines? What the fuck.

Okay maybe if you're just shitting boss invitations it's worth it, but he was doing Maven witnesses and I didn't even see extra bosses? Weird.

Some of those frostblink builds are over 600mil dps on poe ninja

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah that's CoC Frostblink shit and not Poet's Pen. Ice Spear can do that shit too but PoE Ninja/PoB doesn't calculate dps correctly on some trigger abilities. I guess Frostblink just scales ultra hard with +levels so it does good damage. Still think Ice Spear with some sort of chain would be a way better mapper.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Gotta watch out with poe.ninja dps too because people like to put uplayable gear setups on and other weird stuff to skyrocket the dps number so they can be at the top.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well I got married in Dec right before Christmas. That has now equated me to just now hitting tier 2 white maps. I feel like a 3rd class gamer citizen heh. I'm looking at my 30c in my stash tab and wonder how the heck I'm going to be able to afford anything at all.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Well I got married in Dec right before Christmas. That has now equated me to just now hitting tier 2 white maps. I feel like a 3rd class gamer citizen heh. I'm looking at my 30c in my stash tab and wonder how the heck I'm going to be able to afford anything at all.
Everything is so cheap, you can juice in white maps and it just shits out currency.