Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If anyone else has noticed, a cheap and easy farm is Alva + Exarch influence maps. Alva only if you want to juice white/yellow maps instead of t14+'s. Full specced Alva gives you 4 temples per map, and easy leveling and changing of rooms. Doryani's institute (lvl 3 gems/gem double corrupt room) alone is 1.5Div last I looked, and Locus of Corruption (double corrupt room) is 3Div. If you don't get one of those 2, look for Wealth of the Vaal and run it yourself or sell it for like 40C or something. If you CAN do t14+, you can also get Exarch invitations which go for 3Div. I figure you get a locus of corruption about every 3rd completed temple on average, so at LEAST 3Div per 12 maps. And you could do that blasting white maps, temple levels don't matter when you sell chronicles, just the room type. It's definitely better if you build up a lot of Alva missions and then do them all back to back IMO, but hey whatever. And Corruption 3 / Gem 3 temples WILL sell, easily.

That's on top of whatever else you want to put on the Atlas tree... essence, ghost, strongbox, harby, etc.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm getting sick of CoC now since it's just not performing how I want it to and I don't have a ton of divs to finish building it out properly. Don't really have currency for a new build either, tho, so now i'm in a dilemma.

I was debating doing the shroud of lightless with a ton of jewels but not sure what skill i'd want to use. Could do penance brand like everyone else I suppose. Does all the pen from the chest work for totems if I went with a totem build?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My next project, an amalgamation of Jungroan + Big Ducks KB of Fragmentation builds... except its a Slayer. And it makes my computer cry.

After all the MFing and the serious issues the PoE servers were having this weekend I changed my settings to go ultra low qual and blur rather than actually stutter and freeze. So you'll notice that in the video heh.

Right now its level 92 and has about 1/10th of the total proj it will when I get around to actually buying the right tincture and other key items. Think this will be the PoB but might change around some things as I play the character. Never played a Wand char before.

PoB config got jacked up somehow and wasnt recognizing Utulas as my only life item even though it is, so you'll notice some manual config.

Mostly still very affordable gear, except a That Which is Taken I just bought for 50div that is not in the PoB yet.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I got a 4070Ti with an amd 7800x3d and 128gb ddr5 on a 980 pro with a 32 inch g5 odyssey monitor and when I did the 5 way carry I’d lock up. Even now it takes awhile to load into the game.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
WTF you doing with that much RAM? A non power of 2 amount at that.

I just ordered some new parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2wd9yg. PoE was the only game testing the limits of my 1060 6GB and i5 7500. Gonna be pissed(and not surprised) if I'm still staring at loading screens whilst getting anxious because someone else is waiting on me to do a trade.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Make a RAM drive, see if playing PoE from there helps.

If you enable performance graphs(F1), what's the bottleneck for you during long load times? It's the shader for me. I'm hoping going from a card with 6GB to 16GB will reduce that shader bottleneck, but who fucking knows. The game honestly shouldn't be in this state to begin with.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My next project, an amalgamation of Jungroan + Big Ducks KB of Fragmentation builds... except its a Slayer. And it makes my computer cry.

After all the MFing and the serious issues the PoE servers were having this weekend I changed my settings to go ultra low qual and blur rather than actually stutter and freeze. So you'll notice that in the video heh.

Right now its level 92 and has about 1/10th of the total proj it will when I get around to actually buying the right tincture and other key items. Think this will be the PoB but might change around some things as I play the character. Never played a Wand char before.

PoB config got jacked up somehow and wasnt recognizing Utulas as my only life item even though it is, so you'll notice some manual config.

Mostly still very affordable gear, except a That Which is Taken I just bought for 50div that is not in the PoB yet.
Is this a build similar to Splitting Steel where you gotta hug the boss? That Rhoa didn't die in what looks like 275M dps time.

It's your tincture's implicit that's turning off your Utula's.

Khane

Is this a build similar to Splitting Steel where you gotta hug the boss? That Rhoa didn't die in what looks like 275M dps time.

It's your tincture's implicit that's turning off your Utula's.

The PoB is what it will be eventually. I need to get the tincture, which will give me 5 extra projectiles, and I need to get a few other items and do a respec (still using leveling tree). My current, actual DPS is more like 10million, not the 200+ in the pob.

For single target yes, you gotta hug the shit out of your target. Its a shotgunning projectile build that abuses snipers mark.

Actually PoB is just wrong if it thinks that tincture turns off Utulas, just put on one of those tinctures in game and Utula's still works fine, thats enemy life, not my own.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The PoB is what it will be eventually. I need to get the tincture, which will give me 5 extra projectiles, and I need to get a few other items and do a respec (still using leveling tree). My current, actual DPS is more like 10million, not the 200+ in the pob.

For single target yes, you gotta hug the shit out of your target. Its a shotgunning projectile build that abuses snipers mark.

Actually PoB is just wrong if it thinks that tincture turns off Utulas, just put on one of those tinctures in game and Utula's still works fine, thats enemy life, not my own.
You need return somewhere, right? I'm not seeing the support nor Nimis.

Yeah, I meant that's what's turning it off in PoB. I'm sure it still works in game. PoB has a similar issue with abyss jewels.

How does the ramp(from helmet) time feel? How did you arrive at 99 projectiles?

Last edited:

Khane

You need return somewhere, right? I'm not seeing the support nor Nimis.

Yeah, I meant that's what's turning it off in PoB. I'm sure it still works in game. PoB has a similar with abyss jewels.

How does the ramp(from helmet) time feel? How did you arrive at 99 projectiles?

Shit I linked the wrong PoB (haha get baited!), I was playing around with gear and setup and guess I saved after I moved some stuff around that I wasnt gonna keep. Yes it uses returning proj gem, Nimis would be better but I dont think I want to play with negative (or close to it) chaos res, will have to see.

There isnt really any ramp for the helmet, its pretty hilarious but pretty much all the curses apply at once because of all the proj and the tincture effect from warden.

Projectile count should be +3 from Dying Sun, +2 from passives, +5 from tincture. So 11 total. And then with 75% mark effect each 11 get split into 7 more. Its based off of this and some stuff from Big Ducks version:

Since its a slayer instead of a deadeye it loses a fair amount of single target via mark effect and extra proj from Deadeye ascendency but should be better for mapping with Kinetic Blast.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boss rushing is so insanely profitable now. Mavens writs are nearly 4div each, you kidding me?? I haven’t tried to max out how many writs I can churn an hour but I bet it’s atleast 4. And you’re going to make other currency too while rushing the bosses, Conqueror maps (70c + now wtf??), cortex etc. That’s with zero other investment other than the cost of the map and some Alchs. And un id watchers eyes are now 13-14 div lol. Divs are like 1/3rd the value they normally are and I don’t see a bottom

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
poe.ninja says 215c, which isn't a third their value in 3.22. How are you measuring this 1/3rd value?

Overall purchasing power? the amount of raw currency being shitout is outpacing chase uniques/rares/high tier crafts and other less than meta activity specific item drops. Less so with uniques since they can be specifically juiced as well

Of course it stands to reason the divine / chaos ratio is going to remain similar. Nothing will change that unless ggg tweaks the drop chance ratios. Its not a great metric of the poe economy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Overall purchasing power? the amount of raw currency being shitout is outpacing chase uniques/rares/high tier crafts and other less than meta activity specific item drops. Less so with uniques since they can be specifically juiced as well

Of course it stands to reason the divine / chaos ratio is going to remain similar. Nothing will change that unless ggg tweaks the drop chance ratios. Its not a great metric of the poe economy.
I'm not sure it's outpacing overall. I get 40c for korell-veiled helms. Janus-veiled helms, especially desirable bases, go for a ton. Cane's are ~1.5D, veiled Cinderswallows ~2D. He just outlined how much he's getting for certain parts related to Destructive Play farming.

What is a divine not buying you this league that it would buy you in previous leagues? And is it fair to scale that in some way by how much more lucrative most farming strategies are this league?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure it's outpacing overall. I get 40c for korell-veiled helms. Janus-veiled helms, especially desirable bases, go for a ton. Cane's are ~1.5D, veiled Cinderswallows ~2D. He just outlined how much he's getting for certain parts related to Destructive Play farming.

What is a divine not buying you this league that it would buy you in previous leagues? And is it fair to scale that in some way by how much more lucrative most farming strategies are this league?
Divines purchase power is way lower. The divine purchasing power is pegged against the mirror and right now its about 950 divine (last I checked) for 1 mirror.

Now the price of chaos is steady. Its fucking weird honestly.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boss rushing is so insanely profitable now. Mavens writs are nearly 4div each, you kidding me?? I haven’t tried to max out how many writs I can churn an hour but I bet it’s atleast 4. And you’re going to make other currency too while rushing the bosses, Conqueror maps (70c + now wtf??), cortex etc. That’s with zero other investment other than the cost of the map and some Alchs. And un id watchers eyes are now 13-14 div lol. Divs are like 1/3rd the value they normally are and I don’t see a bottom
I gathered up 10 Incandecent Invitions and did Uber Exarch and didn't get shit. I feel like such a dipshit for not selling for 30 divine. Yea boss rushing is where its at right now.

I just really wanted to hit that juicy 400 divine Forbidden Flame (in 10 invitations lol)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Divines purchase power is way lower. The divine purchasing power is pegged against the mirror and right now its about 950 divine (last I checked) for 1 mirror.

Now the price of chaos is steady. Its fucking weird honestly.
I realize now that I gave examples to my first question(what is a divine not buying you this league...) in that same post. However, I think my second question is still fair. Divine gets you less but you're getting more divines. Is it valid to factor that in somehow?