Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh yea I get that there are more divines out there it’s the only way to make sense of things. It’s just crazy how many more there must be for prices to be where they are, and in particular I wonder how nuts it will get (will mirrors end up 2k divine in a month?)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also on that note; the relative price of mageblood is cheapest it’s ever been, thanks to the valdos maps(are those going core?) - probably equivalent to 40-50 div in any other league. And same for hh, maybe 20-30 div if any other league

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I realize now that I gave examples to my first question(what is a divine not buying you this league...) in that same post. However, I think my second question is still fair. Divine gets you less but you're getting more divines. Is it valid to factor that in somehow?
Yea I think I get what you're saying. Its definitely a curve and the divines still purchase amazing things at the lower end. Its just when you get into the beefier purchases like triple watcher eyes, top tier weapons etc that curve gets closer to mirror which is expensive af this league.

For example, 800 pdps bow is about 200 divines right now. The only way to go up from there is get triple implicit and go to 1200-1300 which is mirror tier.

The economy is weird and I'm not smart enough to dissect it well enough but its certainly much different then other leagues economies.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If those Valdos maps go core, at the current drop rates/chase unique rates it’s the best thing that ever happened for softcore/mid gamers as it makes any non boss chase unique now something you could actually afford in a league.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the influx of wisps + reliquiary and abyss strat becoming core its really pushed down the price of all T0s, but really pushed up the price of Uber chase uniques. That's definitely having an effect.

One thing I hadn't considered is how good of items you can craft now. Using 100 divine to make an item doesn't quite mean the same as other leagues. Hitting meta mods for 2 divine here and there and plopping 10 divine at a time buying fossils and essences feels way better.

I might try to put essences on this boss rush strat as I'm having trouble sustaining even with all the "connected node" passives in the tree and start crafting again. Probably try a beast farm strat after this and try to make my own mirror tier bow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Valdo's Puzzle Box is a supporter pack purchase, it is core already. GGG will have to tune it via drop rates.

So what's different about this economy vs Heist? I remember exalts vs chaos bottoming out to double digit chaos at certain points thanks to beast splitting blueprints. I remember hating that economy. I don't really care about the economy this time around. I making an amount of divines that I'm happy with doing some VERY casual farming. I'm one of those assholes that will do a map every 2-5 minutes, I get distracted easily.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh totally forgot about meta crafting, it’s usually too expensive for me. I will def need to try it this lesgue

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Switched over to boss rush last night because I decided I want a mageblood for my two main builds (SRS and manaforged storm rain).

Couple questions... do I need to stand around and wait for Maven to cast her spell and the other bosses to spawn? I'm running these maps with a 60M-ish dps SRS build and if there's any skulls up the boss gets deleted instantly. Reason I ask is because my screen is covered with so much shit going on that I can't really see a second/third/fourth boss spawn (which also dies instantly), and all I know is that in my first ten maps the only thing that's gotten past my loot filter is a Cortex and one random red map. No other good maps, no invitations, not even any currency.

Not sure if the Destructive Play method is actually better, since it requires you to get either a large stockpile of at least 10 different maps that are suitable for rushing, or use shaper guardian maps which are a bit pricy and much slower to run than, say, Bog or Mesa or JV. With Exarch you just farm the same two maps over and over (that should drop enough naturally to sustain it) and it seems like the lower overhead/trade site hassle might make for more overall profits.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They fixed Destructive Play this season so the extra bosses will spawn even if original boss is dead. Or at least, they said they did.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maven will emote "Time to up the stakes" and there will be a boss summoning sound from her invitations. 10 maps without any shaper/elder/guardian maps is pretty unlucky.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what type of boss rush strats are out there?

Right now I'm bouncing between park and city square with nothing but quant/map dupes/additional connected map, doing Exarch for the invitations.

I want to do a maven witness strat of the same caliber because it seems Destructive Play almost doubles your influenced map gains. Although you do lose out on 3 div invitations you probably make up for it in maven invitations and splinters. Only problem is you have to buy 10ish good layouts in masse and rotate.

To overcome this I was theorizing a Twisted Fate setup.

Any ideas?

Xevy

Log Wizard
City Square I think was favorable because you can straight walk out and blast the boss instantly without clearing anything else. Also a good chance at decent unique drops because it's inherently a multiboss map. Park you basically know where it is but you still have to cross the map to get there. Also that boss can be a bitch if it gets ghosted with its stupid phys over time bullshit beams. But if you insta melt them shouldn't be an issue. City Square is definitely the more braindead easy of the two.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know Mesa is a popular option to, but you get less drops. One thing I noticed is all the Atlas passives for adding influence map drops don't work on multi bosses, but like I said the Maven keystone that adds bosses does. I'm almost positive it didn't used to work like that any they nerfed multi boss maps not to long ago.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd rush city square with red altars + conqueror map compass + harbinger compass (just for the bosses, because they're dirt cheap and fracturing orbs are very expensive) or the conqueror maps + invitations themselves.

conqueror maps feel very pricey but it's not bad honestly, yes they cost 2 div for a set but you get 1.6 back from fragments, so you pay 21c / map and it automatically gives you destructive play. You also get cortex div cards (and others) and hunter exalt's etc to make up for that imo. I don't know if wisps play into it and I don't remember the numbers exactly but elderslayer invitation was almost self sustaining too when i ran it, like maybe i went negative 10 over 50 sets or something.
You don't get the brainlessness of just running the same map over and over again though but if you're fine with that you could even work on the normal 10 map invitation at the same time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Running a Slayer WOrb build, forgot how much fun chaining herald of ice was. Very fun build, would recommend. With ~50D of investment, it can do ~30M pinnacle dps. I don't know if that means it can do wisps, I haven't tried it yet.

One issue I haven't been able to solve: casting three curses frequently. I can do 3 curses every 12s(focus trigger in helm) but I find in some fights, especially maven invitations, I want to curse more often. Arcanist brand isn't an option because I don't have the mana sustain for it. Eldritch Battery isn't an option because I'd prefer to use ES as a defensive layer. I have mana solved otherwise, so I'd rather not allocate EB just for curses.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Arcanist Brand 2 of them and lifetap self cast the other? Or something similar.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to buy charged compasses in bulk? I'm guessing PoEStack or TFT, but I've been able to avoid those things so far. Is there a way to do it via the trade website?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Is there a way to buy charged compasses in bulk? I'm guessing PoEStack or TFT, but I've been able to avoid those things so far. Is there a way to do it via the trade website?

You should be able to message some of the sellers on the trade site and ask if they are bulk selling.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Poestack best way and it copies the whisper like the trade site