Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
In the video I linked:

1:49:00 Jonathan said "I think there are a bunch of things getting itemized in the next poe1 update".

1:57:45 Anything would be in the auction house

1:58:50 Buyer would be paying the tax.

2:04:03 Is this something thats poe2 only or poe1 too? "The problem with poe1 is we dont have gold, and I wouldn't want to put this into poe1 without testing it in poe2 first. I think poe1 needs something along these lines, but it would be hard to do that before poe2 goes into beta"
Thanks. I would have expected those to be talking points in some of the summaries I've read online. I haven't gotten around to watching the video yet.

I thought Ruthless was the testbed for gold in PoE2?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Any experienced players able to tell me what to focus on to improve my survivability/ damage? I followed the maxroll LS Champion endgame build on standard server (whch was probably a mistake for a league starter + non-affliction), but I'm really liking the playstyle and insane leech from the claw.

Basically hitting a wall around juiced yellow / rare red maps where I just can't seem to withstand the damage of a majority of rares / uniques.

I have been playing SSF but am not against trading, though I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

I have all my ascendancy points and somewhere around 11k evasion / 8k armor, 3500 life. If someone can help me import my build to POB I can post the entire thing.

Using a 5-link chest with LS - Added Ele Dmg - Added Fire dmg - nightblade - trinity support.

Probably easier to figure out and post my build......I know it'll be far from min-maxed end game, just need better guidance on what to look for that will slowly improve my gear since I currently have like 2 divs + 75 chaos / 40 alchs / a few other random currencies, and in no way can afford the maxroll recommended equip. (And my understanding is standard prices are generally higher)

POB Below if I did it right.

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
well, you could use more resistances on gear so that you don't have to use purity of elements to cap. freeing up more reservation would let you use grace and/or determination.

Can't open the actual pob right now, but I highly doubt you're suppression capped, so that could use some work.

Biggest thing you're missing, and the biggest thing for survivability these days, is you're missing a lot of 'Physical damage taken as X element'. You need this on helm, chest, and anywhere else you can reasonably put it in.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any experienced players able to tell me what to focus on to improve my survivability/ damage? I followed the maxroll LS Champion endgame build on standard server (whch was probably a mistake for a league starter + non-affliction), but I'm really liking the playstyle and insane leech from the claw.

Basically hitting a wall around juiced yellow / rare red maps where I just can't seem to withstand the damage of a majority of rares / uniques.

I have been playing SSF but am not against trading, though I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

I have all my ascendancy points and somewhere around 11k evasion / 8k armor, 3500 life. If someone can help me import my build to POB I can post the entire thing.

Using a 5-link chest with LS - Added Ele Dmg - Added Fire dmg - nightblade - trinity support.

Probably easier to figure out and post my build......I know it'll be far from min-maxed end game, just need better guidance on what to look for that will slowly improve my gear since I currently have like 2 divs + 75 chaos / 40 alchs / a few other random currencies, and in no way can afford the maxroll recommended equip. (And my understanding is standard prices are generally higher)

POB Below if I did it right.

My non exhaustive list of suggestions.

3 things you can do right away even in ssf.

1. Get atleast 1 of Determination/grace into the build (at the expens of haste/purity of elements)
2. Get a guard skill...Probably best if you can fit cast when damage taken linked to molten shell (if armour is above 20k) / immortal call (if not)
3. Get a quicksilver flask, not having it is some masochism dude

trade things:

Perseverance, unique belt that is budget BiS in this type of champion build (if you use this belt you should run both determination and grace)
Yoke of suffering, unique amulet that is pretty good on a budget (dont forget anoints either)
The taming, unique ring with lots of damage and resists
6-link
Better Weapon, this one isn't something most people would still use in red maps.If you can't buy 1 straight up then maybe try to get a fractured one you can throw some essences on.
Just better rares than what you have in general (1st is just more life and resists, with suppress when able).

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the video I linked:

1:49:00 Jonathan said "I think there are a bunch of things getting itemized in the next poe1 update".

1:57:45 Anything would be in the auction house

1:58:50 Buyer would be paying the tax.

2:04:03 Is this something thats poe2 only or poe1 too? "The problem with poe1 is we dont have gold, and I wouldn't want to put this into poe1 without testing it in poe2 first. I think poe1 needs something along these lines, but it would be hard to do that before poe2 goes into beta"
One unifying resource does sound appealing, but at the same time fuck no. If an AH seller wants to list their mageblood for 1 billion alchemy, let them.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
My non exhaustive list of suggestions.

3 things you can do right away even in ssf.

1. Get atleast 1 of Determination/grace into the build (at the expens of haste/purity of elements)
2. Get a guard skill...Probably best if you can fit cast when damage taken linked to molten shell (if armour is above 20k) / immortal call (if not)
3. Get a quicksilver flask, not having it is some masochism dude

trade things:

Perseverance, unique belt that is budget BiS in this type of champion build (if you use this belt you should run both determination and grace)
Yoke of suffering, unique amulet that is pretty good on a budget (dont forget anoints either)
The taming, unique ring with lots of damage and resists
6-link
Better Weapon, this one isn't something most people would still use in red maps.If you can't buy 1 straight up then maybe try to get a fractured one you can throw some essences on.
Just better rares than what you have in general (1st is just more life and resists, with suppress when able).
Is perserverance fairly cheap? Thats in the end goal build I was aiming for.....appreciate it, this is my first char to make it beyond the campaign, so obviously I have a lot to learn.

What would a decent claw look like at my stage, nothing god tier but what should I look for / attempt to craft?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
well, you could use more resistances on gear so that you don't have to use purity of elements to cap. freeing up more reservation would let you use grace and/or determination.

Can't open the actual pob right now, but I highly doubt you're suppression capped, so that could use some work.

Biggest thing you're missing, and the biggest thing for survivability these days, is you're missing a lot of 'Physical damage taken as X element'. You need this on helm, chest, and anywhere else you can reasonably put it in.
Thanks, doesnt purity of elements also give me ailment immunity as well? Initially that is why I used it but now it became a crutch for my shitty resists, lol

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is perserverance fairly cheap? Thats in the end goal build I was aiming for.....appreciate it, this is my first char to make it beyond the campaign, so obviously I have a lot to learn.

What would a decent claw look like at my stage, nothing god tier but what should I look for / attempt to craft?
Perseverance is a 1c item, if someone answers. Trade on standard is weird so maybe you have to pay 20c to get someone that responds but it's a really common/underused item so its cheap in general.

All claws look the same, its just all 3 elements for flat damage + attack speed + crit...with better rolls costing more
And because standard trade is weird it looks like it's more difficult than i thought to find a decent weapon in your budget.
Even just 400 ele dps with 7% crit costs more than you have.
And fractured bases also cost too much really, this search starts at 1c and you'd find plenty up to 10c in affliction league but in standard its 50c and you quickly get to multiple divines.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Perseverance is a 1c item, if someone answers. Trade on standard is weird so maybe you have to pay 20c to get someone that responds but it's a really common/underused item so its cheap in general.

All claws look the same, its just all 3 elements for flat damage + attack speed + crit...with better rolls costing more
And because standard trade is weird it looks like it's more difficult than i thought to find a decent weapon in your budget.
Even just 400 ele dps with 7% crit costs more than you have.
And fractured bases also cost too much really, this search starts at 1c and you'd find plenty up to 10c in affliction league but in standard its 50c and you quickly get to multiple divines.

You rly didnt have to go that far for me, thats awesome! I was under the impression using trinity Id want 2 of the 3 elements at dofferent values so the 3rd would help it ramp up, is that not the case? Jesus, there's so much shit to learn

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You rly didnt have to go that far for me, thats awesome! I was under the impression using trinity Id want 2 of the 3 elements at dofferent values so the 3rd would help it ramp up, is that not the case? Jesus, there's so much shit to learn
I think you got it right, 2 elements alternating is fine for trinity.
So you don't neccesarily need all 3 elements on the claw, total elemental weapon dps is the goal (and obviously at the high end thats with all 3).

Can also use added cold support, added lightning support, Anger aura, Wrath aura and volatility support to balance trinity.

as long as when you play all 3 of these bars fill up
1706876698100.png

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I think you got it right, 2 elements alternating is fine for trinity.
So you don't neccesarily need all 3 elements on the claw, total elemental weapon dps is the goal (and obviously at the high end thats with all 3).

Can also use added cold support, added lightning support, Anger aura, Wrath aura and volatility support to balance trinity.

as long as when you play all 3 of these bars fill up
View attachment 512500
Sounds good, when I get home tonight I'll look into getting a perserverance/ better claw and see if I can free up some aura space for grace / determination, hoping that'll be enough to finally kill The Black Star.

(I got pretty damned close but was like a 7 minute fight and the stupid meteors ended up splatting me. I'm sure it shouldn't be that long of a fight with better dmg)

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Why are you playing standard?
Was going to play with a few friends who decided to switch to D3 season 30 as I was still going through the campaign :(

I do have a boneshatter jugg on affliction I just didnt like playing it. (Supposedly gets really strong with commitment but I couldn't make it that far)

Edit: actualy think I ascended to berserker which is probably why my char sucked to play

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was going to play with a few friends who decided to switch to D3 season 30 as I was still going through the campaign :(

I do have a boneshatter jugg on affliction I just didnt like playing it. (Supposedly gets really strong with commitment but I couldn't make it that far)

Edit: actualy think I ascended to berserker which is probably why my char sucked to play
Yea standard is strictly for testing and boomers who can't let go of their legacy kaoms heart. Economy is not good for new players.

You'll have a much harder time playing trade

Not to mention if you played league we could help out with gear and currency

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yea standard is strictly for testing and boomers who can't let go of their legacy kaoms heart. Economy is not good for new players.

You'll have a much harder time playing trade

Not to mention if you played league we could help out with gear and currency

At this point I'll just ride my char out and keep slowly learning things, absolutely will be creating a league char next season though. As crazy as the MF builds make the wisps seem, I'll live without experiencing it.

As much as I'm not against trading, also don't just want to gear up via handouts either, only because I'm sure I'd burn out faster. Having a ton of fun so far, really enjoying the millions of different aspects of the systems, the suggestions given so far have been a huge help.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
At this point I'll just ride my char out and keep slowly learning things, absolutely will be creating a league char next season though. As crazy as the MF builds make the wisps seem, I'll live without experiencing it.

As much as I'm not against trading, also don't just want to gear up via handouts either, only because I'm sure I'd burn out faster. Having a ton of fun so far, really enjoying the millions of different aspects of the systems, the suggestions given so far have been a huge help.

I think in most games, this is a fine approach. Take your time, learn the game, prepare for a next playthrough.

In PoE... this approach is basically meaningless. In most cases the only thing you're going to learn is, nothing. That probably sounds ridiculous but it's true.

You should just abandon the Standard character and finish the league out in Affliction, and take the minor charity from the people on this forum to flesh out a beginner build guide, and then try to understand why that build guide works. It probably won't click, but you'll at least see the difference in power and begin to understand what a functional character can feel like.

In most games just accepting gear will, inevitably, lead to burn out. The game will feel easy, there won't be a sense of satisfaction, and you'll "clear" the game with very little effort of your own. PoE is basically the opposite, even with help you likely won't finish your Atlas, you almost definitely will still not kill all the Ubers, and you won't even scratch the surface of all the different game mechanics. Not accepting help will likely, inevitably, lead to you thinking the game is ridiculous and unplayable and the brick walls are so intense it could very well lead you to just... giving up on the game entirely. It's a major problem with PoE for new players.

Most of the systems and the verbiage on mechanics within PoE make no fucking sense.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Deathwing Deathwing I don't know if you're still planning on making a KBoF build with Deoedre's but someone just posted a 2 proj/curse on hit tincture for 25 divine, which is quite cheap for that tincture. It's an ignite base but the base doesn't really matter all that much.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Question about the minion corpse pool... I had been using pets I aqcuired from another player, and after a while when they died I was not getting one of the corpses when using desecrate. Got with another player to get the lost pet corpse back in the pool, but then I lost the other pet in the pool. I have desecrate set to auto trigger, so I'm casting it constantly when I play normally. What would cause me to lose the pet corpses in the corpse pool?

Khane

Are you using special spectres from Breaker of Oaths and are you using Offerings?

If you consume those special spectres with an Offering its gone forever.