Path of Exile

Caliane

not gunna lie, I thought he stepped down as director a long time ago, and was just "founder".

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Next league 3.24 name reveal teaser trailer out and a PoE 2 ranger teaser.

I really hope you can disable all those voice attacks the ranger was doing. That will start to annoy me.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

I really hope you can disable all those voice attacks the ranger was doing. That will start to annoy me.
Will be my first actual league in POE, as I don't count the boneshatter I made to maps. No clue if I'll keep at it, but will definitely give it a try!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Danger lurks around every corner.........

I hope its wisps.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Looks like everyone will still be playing last epoch

The absolute best world for ARPG fans is Last Epoch staggering their seasons so that they start roughly 6 weeks after POE has lunched their league. It would also help GGG because it would give people a rolling schedule of always having something to look forward to in the ARPG world.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
The teasening has begun:

(Ctrl Shift Click trades all like-currency at once so you don't have to click 52 stacks into the trade window one at a time)

(Divine Vessel Pantheons are now account-wide per league. Should've been like this for a while, IMO)

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

Rofl, they nerfed Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire Flasks. Suck on that, Pathfinders! Also to a lesser degree, suck on that, Chieftains! (Doh)

Permanent uptime does mean they could easily get 90 to max resistances with less investment. Still, not taking ~40% less elemental or whatever they had going is going to smart.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That change is a nerf to every ascendancy except PF.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definetly a nerf for those that went super defensive 90% max res + flasks builds so they've nerfed the high end (except transcendence maybe?).
For slightly less tank ambititious builds it's kind of a wash untiill you run into pen or -max resist mobs/map mods where this is worse.
Melding and Jugg unbreakable is buffed.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's one of those buffs like RF where the low end is potentially the same, the middle end is buffed, and the high end is nerfed. Pathfinders finding max res elsewhere are nerfed, but that was big money shit so most peoples copypasta Youtube build probably didn't do that.

Assuming a pretty moderate +75% to magic flasks:

At 75% res you're getting +9% max resistance from each flask which translate to something like 36% less damage taken. The old flasks with 75% would be 35% less damage taken. So VERY similar to equal at the lower level.

At 80% res +9% you're gaining 45% less damage taken so it's better than the old flasks at 36% less taken.

At 85% res +9% you're only getting +4 TOTAL max resistance so you're getting 27% less damage taken, worse than the old flasks at 36%.

At 90% res you gain nothing. The old flasks would you give you 36% less damage taken.

So mid level gear with minor +max res investment is actually the highest yield and the actual "buff". Once you reach a certain point it's just a nerf until it's actually a big nothingburger. The other thing to note is that the "less damage taken" applied to attacks that penetrate resistance and map mods with -max resistance. These new flasks will be affected by those mods making them much less useful in certain Uber fights with pen values.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yep. And that's true for every ascendancy, and while other ascendancies could make very good use of the less damage taken they get hit harder by this than PF does.

PF will feel much less from this change than anything other than chieftain, which now has an easier time capping all with just a Ruby flask.