Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What about if someone went big dick on flask effect? Couldn’t they get something like +20% max res? Pretty much negate an eternal damnation and transcendence?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hilariously enough if you go far enough back in time those flasks used to be +maxres, but they got 'nerfed' in to less damage taken

And now here we are like 6 years worth of powercreep later and its time to 'nerf' them again back to +maxres

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What about if someone went big dick on flask effect? Couldn’t they get something like +20% max res? Pretty much negate an eternal damnation and transcendence?
I want to say even with Affliction charms, ~200% increased effect was the max.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mageblood will give you 95% and then PF + Passives can get you another ~80% without Affliction league shenanigans. And then you can get more from clusters/timeless jewels if you wanted.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hilariously enough if you go far enough back in time those flasks used to be +maxres, but they got 'nerfed' in to less damage taken

And now here we are like 6 years worth of powercreep later and its time to 'nerf' them again back to +maxres
Just like Pathfinder got "nerfed" twoish leagues ago and it became more powerful than ever. Unlike a lot of shit ass games, GGG actually makes changes for better or worse that change the entire game and shifts the meta around. Gotta love it.

Khane

And now, with very little effort a pathfinder can hit 86% all max res with a single ele flask without losing anything, freeing up other flasks for anything they want instead of using all 3.

100% flask effect is easy to hit without any big currency items. Which puts you at 85. A good melding knocks you back to 81, then a single purity scaled correctly puts you back at 86 for all 3 thanks to Melding of the Flesh.

Pathfinders were basically immortal at high investment with the old flasks but they can get way tankier with more offensive power now for a much lower budget. Or they can abuse iron reflexes with both jade and granite flasks because they are freeing up 2 flask slots that way.

Anyone who thinks this is a Pathfinder nerf is crazy

Xevy

Log Wizard
And now, with very little effort a pathfinder can hit 86% all max res with a single ele flask without losing anything, freeing up other flasks for anything they want instead of using all 3.

100% flask effect is easy to hit without any big currency items. Which puts you at 85. A good melding knocks you back to 81, then a single purity scaled correctly puts you back at 86 for all 3 thanks to Melding of the Flesh.

Pathfinders were basically immortal at high investment with the old flasks but they can get way tankier with more offensive power now for a much lower budget. Or they can abuse iron reflexes with both jade and granite flasks because they are freeing up 2 flask slots that way.

Anyone who thinks this is a Pathfinder nerf is crazy
How are they doing this with one flask?

Xevy

Log Wizard
sadgeblood-39-less-damage-taken-gone-v0-shcuihjjueoc1.png

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I've been watcing Ziz's interview and holy fucking shitballs. There's gonna be actual proper trading in PoE 2. I've been impressed with Jonathan and how he was able to finally make that bald cuckboy Chris Wilson see that you actually need trading in an arpg that is not a pain in the fucking ass. Also Last Epoch probably had like 90% to do with it why they are changing their stance on trading. If they go thru with it I have to dump some money into packs again

Khane

Last Epoch never intended to have trading and when EHG finally caved to the community they implemented one of the worst trade systems in history.

The merchants guild never existed until 1.0. GGG is not taking any lessons from Last Epoch

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've been watcing Ziz's interview and holy fucking shitballs. There's gonna be actual proper trading in PoE 2. I've been impressed with Jonathan and how he was able to finally make that bald cuckboy Chris Wilson see that you actually need trading in an arpg that is not a pain in the fucking ass. Also Last Epoch probably had like 90% to do with it why they are changing their stance on trading. If they go thru with it I have to dump some money into packs again
The funny thing about trading in LE is that you don't even do it, because you play offline.

And if you play online, you play SSF Guild.

So no, that absolutely is not the reason they did that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
SSF Guild?
There's two "guilds" in the game. One is the trading guild where you can sell/trade items on the auction house. The other is the 'SSF' Guild where you cannot trade or use the auction house, but you get major drop boosts in terms of good items/set items/legendaries. Everyone chooses the latter. It also works in Offline mode so server stability is irrelevant whereas the Trade Guild does not. I'd love for them to drop a stat on how many people used either. I'm guessing a lot of normies picked Trade thinking it'd be something, then found out they fucked up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Okay, so I'm still slaving away off and on with my Standard character.......I found this and it looks like it could potentially be way better than what I have now. Problem is, I don't know much at all about crafting and everything I've read just confuses me further.

I'll attach screencaps of what I found vs what I am wearing - let me know if there's anything not TOO complicated I could do to have a decent chance at a better claw. Keep in mind I only have like 25 div and not many of the exotic crafting currency. Really just want a real-life trial to start learning it, seems like a great thing to learn for the long term.

Thanks

Attachments

• poe claw-current.jpg
    poe claw-current.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 34
  • poe claw-new.jpg
    poe claw-new.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 51

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Okay, so I'm still slaving away off and on with my Standard character.......I found this and it looks like it could potentially be way better than what I have now. Problem is, I don't know much at all about crafting and everything I've read just confuses me further.

I'll attach screencaps of what I found vs what I am wearing - let me know if there's anything not TOO complicated I could do to have a decent chance at a better claw. Keep in mind I only have like 25 div and not many of the exotic crafting currency. Really just want a real-life trial to start learning it, seems like a great thing to learn for the long term.

Thanks
E elidib Deathwing Deathwing sorry should have tagged you both initially, I'm working on it but super slowly!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you want to do some crafting with the "new" claw? Crafting in PoE doesn't really work that way. You don't pick rares off the ground as a starting point. I mean, you could, but good luck finding a rare that mirrors the steps you'd take to craft leading up to meta crafting.

That said, I'm assuming you're a crit build? Local crit chance and attack speed likely makes the new one better if so. These kinds of comparisons is what PoB is for.

You're likely going to slap flat cold or fire on that for trinity support and be done with "crafting".

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you want to do some crafting with the "new" claw? Crafting in PoE doesn't really work that way. You don't pick rares off the ground as a starting point. I mean, you could, but good luck finding a rare that mirrors the steps you'd take to craft leading up to meta crafting.

That said, I'm assuming you're a crit build? Local crit chance and attack speed likely makes the new one better if so. These kinds of comparisons is what PoB is for.

You're likely going to slap flat cold or fire on that for trinity support and be done with "crafting".
Yeah I am slowly learning that....Still running trinity so I need at least 2 high elemental damage rolls, the physical doesn't do much for me sadly. I saw the T2 Lightning and the higher attack speed and hoped I could make something decent out of it. What base should I be on the lookout for? Need 2 or 3 elements + crit + attack speed I believe in terms of priority.

Edit:

Will see if I can add a bench craft and conpare the POB damage with both to see if I can use it as a minor upgrade for now, but really want to start learning the basics to crafting. I went to the crafting site linked earlier and it it just super overwhelming to me.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Imperial claws are the best base.
Am I able to fracture myself to go for either the attack speed or lightning? I'll go back to the craft site when I get off work and see if I can figure it out better.

I tried the emulation / simulation sections earlier but didn't really know what I was doing....sounds like it has everything I'd need but I am sure I'm not using it correctly