Path of Exile

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've only played one league before and that was in 2021

I currently have a lvl 44 boneshatter juggernaut following this build Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter 3.23 - POE Maxroll.gg

I got these pretty early - should I keep hold for the power, frenzy, endurance and onslaught buffs or look to replace?

1711895334092.png
1711895359569.png

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While the weights are obviously a little shitty right now, maybe better ones drop in T17, dunno. However, I think the foundation is here to make a good league. It does seem you can deterministically craft a lot of stuff. Also, the All Flame drops might be good? I've been trying to find a list of things they do but haven't yet.

Edit; here's the list of Allflame Embers

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've only played one league before and that was in 2021

I currently have a lvl 44 boneshatter juggernaut following this build Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter 3.23 - POE Maxroll.gg

I got these pretty early - should I keep hold for the power, frenzy, endurance and onslaught buffs or look to replace?

View attachment 522334View attachment 522335
Those should take you to maps. Very good twink items. Keep them for leveling other characters too.

Edit: just noticed that corruption kinda makes that a bad item for twinks. The whole point of that helmet is to use it at level 1. Oh well, I'd replace it just before Kitavva with a good life/res helm to go into maps with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's not serious until Chris Wilson releases a manifesto about changes going forward and they won't do this again, for the fourth time or whatever.

• 1Truth!

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's one of those mechanics where 99% of the player base don't seem to benefit from it but the 1% are potentially hex-editting items. But the 1% hasn't shown up or is keeping quiet. Almost assuredly getting a buff.

The lantern modifiers are whatever, you can nullify a lot of the hard ones by putting them on mobs that don't synergize like putting multi proj on melee attack mobs, etc. Some of the yellow text ones are pretty groovy and it seems the more you full-clear your previous map (EAT YOUR VEGGIES) the higher chance of getting more positive mods.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I know when I first started you could make some pretty rippy Rhoas. I didn't even move the mods around I just took whatevet it set them at. That was a mistake.

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Even the 1% that know what they are doing aren't going to be printing mirrors with this shit. You can stack all 64 mods however you like and it's not a guarantee of anything.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
God I remember one thing I hated about the campaign.....I get what I think is a nice upgrade, only to realize I lost stats I needed for 1-2 skill gems AFTER I sold the old item.

Next season I'll definitely try to preplan my route which may alleviate some of the headache.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You know the crafting is poor if, even while early leveling, I did not make a single rare that I could use lol.

I am no crafter in this game, but I actually tried to stack some beneficial effects and nada. Not even randomly good rares.

Also, maintaining consistency GGG has overtuned those pagan mobs from last league when you add them in to you mob list. They are tanky as shit in the campaign. Not sure what they are like in maps, I have not used them since.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow Kripp called it the worst league he’s ever played. It seems like the inability to avoid rippy mods in every map seems almost like an oversight, unless I’m missing some kind of toggle for those?

• 1Mother of God

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wow Kripp called it the worst league he’s ever played. It seems like the inability to avoid rippy mods in every map seems almost like an oversight, unless I’m missing some kind of toggle for those?

Kripp has been playing Ruthless the last couple of leagues and being unable to skip mods had to have made the campaign a nightmare. Insult to injury is then getting a fraction of the rewards from Necropolis we're getting.

Juvarisx

Florida
I asked Ben on stream what he thought of it, he said he's not interacting with corpses until they change it. Its the worst way of crafting by miles, which is a shame.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So at the ultra high end there's some interesting stuff to do with the graveyard, but it requires such unrealistic combinations of corpses that no but TFT or other crafting cabals will ever do it.

If you're willing/able to assemble the correct ~70 corpses you can do some shit like print 14 pairs of boots at once that have a >60% chance of being double fractured T1 movespeed + T1 chaos res etc, but acquiring the corpses to do so is currently literally impossible given whats even for sale on trade, much less as an individual attempting to do it.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure I like this league at all. I really want the option to use or skip the mechanic. I feel I am struggling on white maps randomly.

But I do suck at this game so maybe I am just doing something wrong. Affliction League I could skip the wildwood though so the monsters were normal.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not sure I like this league at all. I really want the option to use or skip the mechanic. I feel I am struggling on white maps randomly.

But I do suck at this game so maybe I am just doing something wrong. Affliction League I could skip the wildwood though so the monsters were normal.
It hasn't been said, but it's pretty much confirmed that they nerfed all the mobs in the campaign's dmg/hp so that people wouldn't have leveling completely fucked by bad mods. Source: my guildmates and I did test runs on standard and using the same skills/less gear we were going like 35% faster and mobs weren't touching us. It was nice to see for a league start.

HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure once you hit map-level (65+ kind of) the mobs default back. So a lot of these "starter" builds were crushing campaign and then hit the real game and are taken aback. Suddenly they need a 5 link to cruise instead of the 4 link chest form Act 3 they've been using.

If they buff the crafting mechanic how we assume they will, trading will be dead again. It'll be purely currency trading and rare items will just be Harvest1.0'd. People will just take rares off their filter outside ilvl 85 of the best bases MAYBE because of stuff like suppression not being targetable. So you'll have the meta shift to mob density and quant again with zoomer popper builds. And unlike Harvest or recombinators where you could buy a "half-perfect" base and fuck with it, there's no initial starting item to plug in. So all these items just go in the shitter. I'd be happy if they just let you plug in a base to craft on, but there's several recipes such as "creates minion wand, creates bone helmet, creates x/y item" specifically that would be rendered useless.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

I feel the same way, though kinda gave up on my char pretty early in Affliction. Slowly getting through the Acts but I've never been quick at the campaign. Just hit A6 and need to get some better resists asap. I figure I'll be at maps by the end of the week and maybe shitll be changed by then.

Happy Easter all!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The initial balance pass with the graveyard sucks because you can trade the bodies. If it wasn't itemized we'd have more rope instead of cartel tier organization being a consideration in the balance process. I'm sure in testing it produces fantastic items but I'm never going to assemble the corpse pile necessary to do so.