Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not playing private for fomo. It's just a nice side effect. It feels more relaxed. I'm well aware I'll probably miss out on builds I want to try because of it. I just think ssf is in a really good spot right now and trading is such a... well it is what it is.

CoC DD feels amazing with the new weapon. Really enjoying this build.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guess I'm looking for a league starter. I played a necro minion build and thinking I'll go another direction. Bought a few stash tabs so now researching to start over.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Unlocked my 2nd atlas tree and am into red maps.....

Realized for some reason I took the node that compares accuracy to life or some shit but also prevented me from critical strikes. Once I refunded that I started killing a ton faster, I have no idea why I took it either.

The biggest annoyance for me is always being told my morgue is full - like, I know it is but I have no clue what I'm doing so whats the point!?!?!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno, league still seems kinda meh. It is purely personally anecdotal but I haven't had much drop to speak of. That being said, I am definitely biased against crafting leagues, so this league would lose half it's rating with me just based on that.

It has no hook, no pizazz. Tell me there is more than just extra juicing and crafting.

Edit - uhhhhh "Mob accompanied by a Map Boss" is a little retarded lol.

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I dunno, league still seems kinda meh. It is purely personally anecdotal but I haven't had much drop to speak of. That being said, I am definitely biased against crafting leagues, so this league would lose half it's rating with me just based on that.

It has no hook, no pizazz. Tell me there is more than just extra juicing and crafting.

Edit - uhhhhh "Mob accompanied by a Map Boss" is a little retarded lol.
I get it....luckily for me I'm still brand new, so it feels awesome with new content and such. Definitely gonna try something other than Lightning Strike after this char though, probably should have league started with something different.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The crafting is preeeeeeeetty strong

1712552397341.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think I've decided I don't like playing this game. With builds that have to stand still to dps. Which is almost all of them.

Stuck a meatsack allflame on my pedestrian T8. A rare meatsack got possessed and he became unkillable. If I stopped to dps him, he would eat up all my life flask charges and I'd eventually die. I'm not complaining about the rare possessed meatsack, that kind of hijinks isn't new. I'm complaining about this game giving you poor tools to actually play the game. What's available to keep dangerous stuff at bay that doesn't die immediately or after a quick reposition?

Just early league gripes. I love the experimentation of a new league. Hate that it's often coupled with rediscovering things I already knew and should have remembered.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's the problem I had with Scourge league and then the Beyond revamp with Lake of Kalandra. When shit aggressively runs at your face and you don't have the numbers there isn't always a ton you can do. At the furthest extremes it gets really, really binary.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think I've decided I don't like playing this game. With builds that have to stand still to dps. Which is almost all of them.

Stuck a meatsack allflame on my pedestrian T8. A rare meatsack got possessed and he became unkillable. If I stopped to dps him, he would eat up all my life flask charges and I'd eventually die. I'm not complaining about the rare possessed meatsack, that kind of hijinks isn't new. I'm complaining about this game giving you poor tools to actually play the game. What's available to keep dangerous stuff at bay that doesn't die immediately or after a quick reposition?

Just early league gripes. I love the experimentation of a new league. Hate that it's often coupled with rediscovering things I already knew and should have remembered.

It's more of a problem with every passing league too. Trying to actually attack with a skill is such a suckers bet right now, or even self cast some generic spell like crackling lance. Unless you've got the currency available to skip the really awkward mid-build problems it's just gonna be pure misery.

I started very generic elementalist ignite this time around and my damage was ass - maybe 2m by the end? But that doesn't matter when my damage is always on and I can just run in circles not dying. Characters like that can punch so far above their weight class compared to something like a splitting steel that has to nut hug mobs to do damage.

I'd have quit affliction league a few days in I think if I hadn't just happened to decide to play one of the new brands. I cannot imagine a trying to actually be the boneshatter guy vs those kinds of mobs, or shrine+ghosted insanity that mobs can roll this league.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's more of a problem with every passing league too. Trying to actually attack with a skill is such a suckers bet right now, or even self cast some generic spell like crackling lance. Unless you've got the currency available to skip the really awkward mid-build problems it's just gonna be pure misery.

I started very generic elementalist ignite this time around and my damage was ass - maybe 2m by the end? But that doesn't matter when my damage is always on and I can just run in circles not dying. Characters like that can punch so far above their weight class compared to something like a splitting steel that has to nut hug mobs to do damage.

I'd have quit affliction league a few days in I think if I hadn't just happened to decide to play one of the new brands. I cannot imagine a trying to actually be the boneshatter guy vs those kinds of mobs, or shrine+ghosted insanity that mobs can roll this league.

I'm liking hexblast mines with good mine throwing speed a lot for this, I can just drop them wherever as I maneuver around and they auto target everything.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

What version of ignite did you do? I'm considering poison SRS but I hate minions.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Just now finding out that Melee is a fucking chore?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
No, I knew that. The problem I'm highlighting affects more than just melee.

All of us Melee-ers are just hoping it affects everyone else so much that they are forced to drag us along when they fix it!

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
All of us Melee-ers are just hoping it affects everyone else so much that they are forced to drag us along when they fix it!
I suspect this is why WASD moving caught on so quickly. That is essentially the fix. However, I am not looking forward to WASD movement, I remember how tiring it was to press that many buttons when playing WoW.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In the grand scheme WASD movement doesn't change much in terms of playing the game from a broad perspective. Instead of holding left click to move, and tapping your main skill hotkey as you go, you hold W to move and tap your mouse hotkey as you go.

What it adds is more fine grained control of your character in specific situations, like bossing. Making it a lot less of a headache to deal with things like Exarch balls.

It also makes movement skills a lot easier to control. You are free to move your cursor around the screen while still moving to pinpoint where you want to actually travel to instead of having to release left click to move your cursor and then press a hotkey with precise timing. It can be awkward trying to move your cursor precisely while also holding the button down in "high pressure" situations.

Khane

Well, how do you usually play? Do you use right click to move instead? Does it matter, its mouse movement.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well, how do you usually play? Do you use right click to move instead? Does it matter, its mouse movement.

So let's say I'm shooting with a bow. I click to move and push a button to shoot and click to move and push a button to shoot. This means the mouse has to go from where I'm trying to move to back to around the monster back to where I'm trying to move to back to the monster.

• 1Like

Khane

So let's say I'm shooting with a bow. I click to move and push a button to shoot and click to move and push a button to shoot. This means the mouse has to go from where I'm trying to move to back to around the monster back to where I'm trying to move to back to the monster.

I wasn't trying to be pedantic. In the grand scheme... Some skills dont require targeting and you're not clicking but holding, not sure what would change there with WASD movement. I guess those scenarios would feel more awkward tapping W instead of left/right click at first simply because we aren't used to it. I'm assuming there would also be a "force move" type hotkey you could still bind to mouse click that would function the same as mouse movement does today in those click scenarios.