Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's so many potential builds that shit opens up/fixes problems for. I mean that X per open socket neck goes crazy for a bunch of shit (accuracy stackers come to mind). Greyspire becomes... usable? Kaom's chest becomes Utula's. Crown of the Tyrant giga ele damage for anyone. In another world I'd love to see it persist, just for the lulz. This league is already on an early downspiral because everybody maxed their character in the first 3 weeks, so maybe they let this shit ride? The fact they posted about a fix for some 6L chest shit with this on the official forums earlier today makes me think 100% they know and they're just looking to find a way to revert all the items before they announce they're nerfing it. They can't leave these items in because some are GGG and they can't let it go because it's like 10-25% more power for everyone for free.

At least it happened 5 weeks in and not 5 days. Though who knows how long people have been doing this. I'm guessing like a handful of people knew and then some one leaked or some dummy accidentally tumbled into it recently. It is wild seeing all these 6 linked garbage shields and shit. Like who the fuck wants a 6 socket Spring Leaf? Amazing stuff.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1714780186517.png

Nice. Wonder how many people are going to lose their level 4 exceptional gems in their shit because of this. Going to be funny. Reddit tears on tears on tears!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else having a hard time selling shit? I don’t know why I decided this was the league I would try to make a transcendence armour stacker but I did not realize when I went into it that mageblood would be one of the cheaper items. Anyhow I need atleast another 250-300 Div to get this going without even awakened multi strike and I am sitting on almost 200div of shit per wealthy exile and I can’t move any of it.

Also side note what are people doing for farming strategies this league? I’ve been forcing myself to keep doing harby but it makes the map runs so slow waiting to finish each king Harb and I’ve only gotten one fractured orb explosion out of hundreds of maps. Really want to try something else.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I keep telling myself ok this next map I’ll get the mirror shard explosion but it’s not happening

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else having a hard time selling shit? I don’t know why I decided this was the league I would try to make a transcendence armour stacker but I did not realize when I went into it that mageblood would be one of the cheaper items. Anyhow I need atleast another 250-300 Div to get this going without even awakened multi strike and I am sitting on almost 200div of shit per wealthy exile and I can’t move any of it.

Also side note what are people doing for farming strategies this league? I’ve been forcing myself to keep doing harby but it makes the map runs so slow waiting to finish each king Harb and I’ve only gotten one fractured orb explosion out of hundreds of maps. Really want to try something else.
What are you trying to sell? Certain things like Harvest are way more liquid then, say things like Heist or what not. I've noticed huge down turns of price on rares/uniques but currency sells all the same.

Also I'm finding certain markets are just really volatile. Fluctuations of 50-500%. I thought last leagues market was wack but this one is just weird.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think ambush with rogue exiles is still good.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, I did my first T17 map - that is quite the step up from T16. Or leap, I guess.

In my defense, I juiced it with a dumb allflame, and didn't realize it had BOTH reflections in it.

I did not make it to the boss, boo.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 527321

Nice. Wonder how many people are going to lose their level 4 exceptional gems in their shit because of this. Going to be funny. Reddit tears on tears on tears!

Yes. It's going to be hilarious to watch people lose gems because of GGG can't get their game straight, and apparently are incapable of just putting the gems affected into an inventory space, stash or otherwise a remove only stash tab.

Hilarious. Very funny. Quite laughable, really.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
99% of people knew what they were doing.

The other 1% are just a casualty of the exploit war.

It is kinda funny.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you learned about this exploit, used it, then within the same day learned they were going to fix it, then didn't prepare for that you deserve losing it. This entire ordeal was like 10 hours. If you thought this but was okay you are either lying or deserve to learn a hard POE lesson.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just got a dupe drop of Valdos Puzzle box, probably best to sell unIDed right? Looks like around 5ish div apiece.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The socket bug’s been around whole league hasn’t it? Just recently people went public with it?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Perhaps it's not worth the fuckery to the overall economy, but ~100c/div does feel nice. 100div for a Mageblood feels even more nice. Farmed up my first one this league. I was gifted one last league, didn't feel as impactful.

I don't know how hard it is for GGG to tune the price, but I'm pretty sure I'm not doing this again at 300+ div. That's a last purchase before you get bored and quit the league in disgust. 100 div is much more bearable, allowing you to enjoy grinding out other(cheaper!) upgrades.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I just bought one as well. Just debating what to do with it at this point. Maybe the alt holy relic stuff?

For as beefy are strength stacking is it just sucks for trying to clear T17s. You have no instant recovery so less recovery is a brick, enemies block is a brick, max res is a brick, the list goes on and on. Damage is fine and I can do the bosses mostly but it's still an attack skill relying on leech mostly to stay alive, so even if it's juiced to ~30m dps it still has structural problems you can't really overcome.

T17s in general really just baffle me though with how badly they missed the mark on them. I wonder how much of it is the nature of the lantern mods not being optional.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yea I just bought one as well. Just debating what to do with it at this point. Maybe the alt holy relic stuff?

For as beefy are strength stacking is it just sucks for trying to clear T17s. You have no instant recovery so less recovery is a brick, enemies block is a brick, max res is a brick, the list goes on and on. Damage is fine and I can do the bosses mostly but it's still an attack skill relying on leech mostly to stay alive, so even if it's juiced to ~30m dps it still has structural problems you can't really overcome.

T17s in general really just baffle me though with how badly they missed the mark on them. I wonder how much of it is the nature of the lantern mods not being optional.
Yeah I am struggling on T17s a lot, can clear certain lucky-rolled ones but there's a ton of mods that just straight up blow.

The petrification statues that you can't even see half the time with everything going on, no damage for 4 seconds every 10 seconds, the shaper beam bullshit.

Really want to try and start using some of the 30+ maps I saved up but it has really been a struggle. I did hit 99 though so I don't really care about xp anymore.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
farming for this transcendence build has made me wanna quit this game. Shits so fucking expensive , I’ve been following what is called a ‘budget’ guide and it calls for a Nimis , mageblood, two level 4 enlightens and one level 4 empower , awakened gmp, awakened multistrike, and atleast 300 div of jewels . Not to mention around 150 div for the other armor pieces. But I guess the non budget version entry point is a grasping mail that costs 3 mirrors??

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Poison holy relic can supposedly run a ton of map mods, but no idea about T17 map mods. Don't count on your support minions living however.

Lower-left trees get double fucked by shitty leech wheels and phys overwhelm mods on rares.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Poison holy relic can supposedly run a ton of map mods, but no idea about T17 map mods. Don't count on your support minions living however.

Lower-left trees get double fucked by shitty leech wheels and phys overwhelm mods on rares.

Yea not having access to an instant leech mastery is really a problem. I'm pretty close to the dual leech wheel near point blank, but I'm so starved for points that finding another ~5 to get in there just for that isn't worth it.

Phys overwhelm can definitely eat a dick though. Imagine the fucking riots there'd be if 'monsters hits can't be evaded' was a map mod.

I managed to clear all the T17 bosses though, mostly through the usual PoE method of having overwhelming damage. It's definitely not a reliable farm however, and doing all 30 maps for the challenge is gonna be awful, much less the bosses with conditionals.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea not having access to an instant leech mastery is really a problem. I'm pretty close to the dual leech wheel near point blank, but I'm so starved for points that finding another ~5 to get in there just for that isn't worth it.

Phys overwhelm can definitely eat a dick though. Imagine the fucking riots there'd be if 'monsters hits can't be evaded' was a map mod.

I managed to clear all the T17 bosses though, mostly through the usual PoE method of having overwhelming damage. It's definitely not a reliable farm however, and doing all 30 maps for the challenge is gonna be awful, much less the bosses with conditionals.
This is the first league I've seriously invested into damage shifting. I've dabbled with it before, but every build was a Pathfinder, so it was poison bullshit that I noped out of before seriously testing it. Just a Lightning Coil lets me eat Shaper slams.

Instead of toning down phys overwhelm, I worry they'll instead add counterplay to evasion and damage shifting.

I've seen some caster builds spend upwards of 8 points to get instant leech. Maybe that's the tough pill lower left has to swallow too. That said, the leech being phys in that area doesn't make sense. And it's arguable whether melee should have easier access to leech than other builds?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is the first league I've seriously invested into damage shifting. I've dabbled with it before, but every build was a Pathfinder, so it was poison bullshit that I noped out of before seriously testing it. Just a Lightning Coil lets me eat Shaper slams.

Instead of toning down phys overwhelm, I worry they'll instead add counterplay to evasion and damage shifting.

I've seen some caster builds spend upwards of 8 points to get instant leech. Maybe that's the tough pill lower left has to swallow too. That said, the leech being phys in that area doesn't make sense. And it's arguable whether melee should have easier access to leech than other builds?

Yea I think when they did the initial melee rework the idea was to give melee 'better' leech wheels, which was actually true at the time. The real issue in todays PoE is that phys-specific leech is useless, because there's so few builds that actually deal phys damage. Like there legitimately might only be one (boneshatter), and even then they don't really need more than a single leech wheel someplace, which makes the other 2-3 phys leech wheels entirely redundant.

Phys > ele defenses are truly stupid though. It's the only way in the game currently to actually really feel properly 'tanky', because there's no mods/attacks/etc that can penetrate or overcome it, so it just always works as expected. Having 90 all max res is fine until you hit one mob that has %ele penetration and you still just die like a bitch. Or you try and do Exarch who just has giga pen built in to everything he does etc. Same is true for traditional phys mitigation via armor, charges, whatever - none of it actually works as expected because you'll just die to overwhelm mods randomly.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user