Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Name list:
Azerth= Azeking lvl 33 duelist
Hateyou = Naika_Hatesyou
Pasteton=Kazoraa (Default)
Tuco=Tucow (Default)
rush02112=74 LA Marauder (Default) MrFrost 70 support wander w/ conduit (Default)
Tonic=Yewarecrazy (low ranger)
Ryanz=Ryanz (hardcore)
Venijk=Venijk
zhakrin=Astifas 49 ranger
Krassus =Sussark
Insomnia=Kendek

Ryanz

<Banned>
These are the different leagues in PoE:

Hardcore

Typically, ?hardcore mode? in action RPGs involves permadeath. A character killed in this mode cannot be accessed any more. In Path of Exile, slain hardcore characters revert to the parent non-hardcore league. This system encourages non-hardcore players to try the hardcore game mode, while still permanently removing hardcore characters from the economy when they die.

Ironman

In Ironman, players are unable to trade with vendors or refill their flasks in town. Mana regeneration is disabled by default. Players are encouraged to band together and manage their resources in order to survive.

Cut-throat

The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.

Attrition

An attrition league is a short duration league that starts with a fixed number of players and eliminates the player with the lowest amount of experience at periodic intervals. For example, a 24 hour attrition league might start with 100 players and eliminate one player per 12 minutes after a four hour initial leveling period. Players would be able to see how close to elimination they are on an on-screen ladder display.

On a side note. I'm experimenting trying to make a witch summoner. I'm gonna pick up all the +minion skills, and also shoot for Minion Instability (the one that makes minions explode and deal aoe fire dmg when low on life). Anyone have experience with such a build and how well does it work? I've always been a pet class type person...so I wanted to create something revolving around that.

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
These are the different leagues in PoE:

Hardcore

Typically, "hardcore mode" in action RPGs involves permadeath. A character killed in this mode cannot be accessed any more. In Path of Exile, slain hardcore characters revert to the parent non-hardcore league. This system encourages non-hardcore players to try the hardcore game mode, while still permanently removing hardcore characters from the economy when they die.

Ironman

In Ironman, players are unable to trade with vendors or refill their flasks in town. Mana regeneration is disabled by default. Players are encouraged to band together and manage their resources in order to survive.

Cut-throat

The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.

Attrition

An attrition league is a short duration league that starts with a fixed number of players and eliminates the player with the lowest amount of experience at periodic intervals. For example, a 24 hour attrition league might start with 100 players and eliminate one player per 12 minutes after a four hour initial leveling period. Players would be able to see how close to elimination they are on an on-screen ladder display.

On a side note. I'm experimenting trying to make a witch summoner. I'm gonna pick up all the +minion skills, and also shoot for Minion Instability (the one that makes minions explode and deal aoe fire dmg when low on life). Anyone have experience with such a build and how well does it work? I've always been a pet class type person...so I wanted to create something revolving around that.
Holy shit those leagues sound absurdly awesome.

If PvP is any good in this game, cut-throat is definitely going to attract some serious PvPers just by nature of how hardcore it is.

Zaedius_sl

shitlord
Loving this game so far, been messing around with a elemental templar and chaos innoculation shadow. Gonna be playing a lot more once open beta begins.

Crazily

N00b
They have had hardcore implemented for a while. They also have the weekly ladder things going..pretty kick ass.

Hasto_sl

shitlord
They are having a turbo group event this afternoon and a solo turbo event I believe tomorrow. Turbo is basically a setting where the mobs in the game move and attack at a 60% increased rate.

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
Once the game goes live, there will be options to make your own personal league, it will cost money, but someone can buy and make their own league and invite who ever to it

Hasto_sl

shitlord
Ryanz ~

I haven't seen anyone do that type of build yet. I did watch Kripp do a range totem build last night that was fun though. I think it was Lightning arrow/Chain/Pierce and it was just destroying everything. There are gonna be a lot of fun totem/minion builds to experiment with.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Ryanz ~

I haven't seen anyone do that type of build yet. I did watch Kripp do a range totem build last night that was fun though. I think it was Lightning arrow/Chain/Pierce and it was just destroying everything. There are gonna be a lot of fun totem/minion builds to experiment with.
Yea I don't know a ton about how everything works...but with my build I'm thinking of attaching summon skeleton with a totem, so I only have to cast the totem once (per fight)...and then it can summon the skellies for me instead of having to click 3+ times to get all the minions up. Then I can focus my attention on my AoE spells. I dunno will see how it all plays out.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
has the battle animations gotten any better, i felt like i was playing D1 with those spell animations and combat

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
nvm i figured it out, whos actually playing this? i remember the start to be painfully slow and boring. but cut-throat caught my eye....

post ingame handles here

Charles_sl

shitlord
Have they discussed a release date? I just start reading about this game a few days ago, the customization with that giant skill plane full of words and the armor and weapon system is extremely appealing and interesting, I can't think of any other game that I've played with such a system. Right now I'm signed up on their website and waiting to be invited to the beta, I did notice that they recently pushed the open beta date back past the holiday season, which I suppose is a good move... But yeah lol, I want to give it a try!

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had a bit of a go over the weekend on hardcore. Was allot harder than D3 was on HC.

Starts off slow, but ramps up a fair bit. Really feels allot more like D2 IMO.

Hasto_sl

shitlord
I have not heard any talk of when the expected release date is. I know that you can pay $10 and get into closed beta now. That money also gives you credits to use when the game goes live. The game is going to be f2p, not p2w. Basically you will either be able to buy more character slots or inventory tabs. There won't be content or item restriction in the game. They also occasionally send out beta keys to people who are already in beta. A lot of the guys that stream on Twitch give out said keys. If I get some more I will post here. So basically the options right now are wait for an email, pay to get in, someone gives you one of their extra keys or wait until Jan 23rd for the open beta to start.

On that note, I am hoping the closed beta receives access to act 3 before open beta starts up. Would be nice to test that out before the servers get rocked.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have 3 keys, PM me for one. First come first serve.

Edit: All given out

Charles_sl

shitlord
I've been the watching the streams today alongside football. It seems like a ton of fun. I also love that f2p not p2w model, allowing people to pay for flashy cosmetic stuff is great for everyone and keeping it limited to that would be best. I really hope that the model works out, I'm not aware of many f2p games and how they work but I can only assume that it's easy for the developers and publishers to quickly turn it into p2w when they realize what it would do to their revenue stream.