Path of Exile

lindz

#DDs
Ambush for me next week! I could never do a hardcore server, I get way too attached to my characters in games.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Anyone know what time it starts? Gonna work wednesday and take the rest off I think. I will be doing invasion.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ambush for me next week! I could never do a hardcore server, I get way too attached to my characters in games.
Something to consider is trying to look at your character as a part of a lineage. You slowly accrue wealth regardless of how often you die. The only real reason I prefer hardcore is because the economy self-regulates itself and the first few weeks is really great when it comes to being a sellers market...

For someone more inclined to play solo or self-found, HC probably sucks.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Yeah, the economy is complete shit in softcore leagues, even the one week ones. There is no one rerolling so no one wanting leveling gear and no point in hanging onto your old stuff. I couldn't believe the difference.

In hardcore the economy is ridiculously fluid the first few days, and it takes like four times as long for actual good items to flood the marketplace for the 60+ crowd. I never played hardcore until this game but I promise you it is the more fun way to go.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Pumped for this. Really hope melee isn't as bad as it looks with the life nerfs and new bosses.

Krag

Peasant
Pumped for this. Really hope melee isn't as bad as it looks with the life nerfs and new bosses.
I don't think there will be much of a difference for melee unless I missed some changes. Vaal Pact got hammered, but it was probably a bit too strong. The change to general leech just means you won't be filling up health long after you are done hitting stuff. Unless you were relying a lot on hit and run I doubt you'll notice it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The new bosses with complex skill chains worry me. Storm herald plus any sort of movement impairment..... yech.

Krag

Peasant
You're probably right on that. Odds are the first implementation of all of them will fuck over melee to a much higher degree like always.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What build are you guys going to start the new leagues with? Looking for ideas for Invasion for a good MFing first character.

lindz

#DDs
Can anyone recommend a good totem MF build? I mainly duo and we ran a summoner last league for our MF character but don't want to go that route again (especially with the BM nerf).

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Invasion pretty tough. The Unique mobs in zones seem to be tougher than the exiles in Nemesis. Still in act 1, but it's definitely not as easy to race through zones like one used to.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
First thoughts on Invasion:

Much harder than Nemesis.
High likelihood of nerfs due to 1 shot mechanics on invading bosses in the early levels.
Vaal orbs can ruin uniques.
Insta log out if you see invading chaos snake.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Also, the gems are a) not great, and B) not rare at all. There is no other reason to do the side areas. Within a week no one will be doing them other than for the fragments for Vault.

RIP #1, Path of Ranged is back. Jesus fuck these new mobs are brutal.