Path to Nowhere

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't really played any mobile games for a while, but saw this getting praise and ya its good. The story is interesting, the characters are too, and the English voice acting is some of the best I've seen. I normally change voices to JP but no need to here. The gameplay is fun, its a tower defense with some twists. The gacha seems pretty fair, currency is generous, low rarity units are pretty much all strong and usable, some being meta, and the best unit in the game you get for free doing beginner missions. It's been out about 2 weeks here I think, and maybe 3 months in China, where its actually getting a lot of praise which is rare from Chinese players. The most refreshing thing is probably the devs are listening to the players, asking what they want to see going forward and actually implementing changes quickly. The artstyles is also nice imo, here's 2 of my favorites (the first one is the free OP unit you earn)

ptnNox.png

ptnZoya.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean Arknights isn't the first tower defense game. From what I remember of that game, it feels and looks different. You can reposition your units during combat a lot in this one (you can see there's 31 moves available in the video below, I think they're using an item set giving +6 with 25 originally).

Here's a stage in the current event showing combat (the graphic settings they're using in the video aren't good, mine looks a lot nicer/smoother on bluestacks)

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean Arknights isn't the first tower defense game. From what I remember of that game, it feels and looks different. You can reposition your units during combat a lot in this one (you can see there's 31 moves available in the video below, I think they're using an item set giving +6 with 25 originally).

Here's a stage in the current event showing combat (the graphic settings they're using in the video aren't good, mine looks a lot nicer/smoother on bluestacks)
Literally everything about it is identical to Arknights, from UI to waifu towers to where they are positioned on the battle field. Small tweaks to the gameplay doesn't change that.

That's fine, Arknights was a great game.