Pathologic 2

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I came across Pathologic Classic HD via humble bundle last year and I found it to be incredibly fun, a little dark, mildly disturbing and just plain weird. It originally came out circa 2005 in Russian. The first translation into english was reportedly quite horrible, but the "HD" remake fixed the translation issues and it ran flawlessly on Windows 10 for me, I don't think it ever crashed once for me in a good 80+ hours and loading is super fast on an NVMe volume.

The game has an incredible out-of-this-world atmosphere, helped along partially by the music. The plot and main characters are exceptional, not that I can make sense of it all. There's a lot of reading. It's incredibly confusing too, heavy on eastern philosophy so rubes like me couldn't get much out of that, but I still enjoyed the futile efforts I gave. Mechanically it's a little strange and feels quite dated in some ways (like entering buildings and exiting again to escape from enemies which resets the local world), but the combat is passable.

Anyway, Pathologic 2 is supposed to be a modernized remake.

Anyone else looking forward to it? Any fans of the original Pathologic?

Last edited: