(PC) Mordhau

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I've put about 8 hours into this with friends. Tons of fun and a lot of Chivalry nostalgia minus some of the silliness. There was problems with progression (no gold and XP gains) but I believe those were fixed last night. Servers continue to be hammered but I've found that if you use the server list and play on 50 person servers or less its pretty good. Hopefully the servers stabilize soon. The game needs a little bit of optimization because sometimes the menus just load slow but its not game breaking.

I haven't tried the BR/Horde modes yet but the Frontline, Team Deathmatch, and Skirmish (similar to Counterstrike play to X games won) are a ton of fun. I can see myself playing many more hours with friends and unlocking weapons/outfits so it is definitely worth the price for me. If you like Chiv you will most likely like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This actually looks really fun. I'm probably going to have to get it

Stave

Potato del Grande
Think I'm gonna nab this one. Loved Chivalry. This likes like Chivarly +gooder.

Hekotat

I'm out, I didn't realize it had directional blocking and I am not a fan of that system at all.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hekotat Hekotat McWendell prefers 2h
Image result for key and peele wendell the power of wings

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm out, I didn't realize it had directional blocking and I am not a fan of that system at all.

It does? I didn't notice that at all last night.

Did notice that people some how can block attacks from the back

Hekotat

It does? I didn't notice that at all last night.

Did notice that people some how can block attacks from the back

Yeah, when you hold block it shows a small arrow and whatever direction you pull towards it blocks from that angle. If you block the same angle as the attack you can deflect/parry or whatever.

Same thing they had in Kingdom Come and For Honor.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Oh gotcha.

I don't see why they even added ranged weapons to the game, they are pretty bad. Weak damage, really slow missile speed, and you can block them easily lol.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I really enjoy this game; It has some balance issues on maps, and needs some kind of party indicators in modes like frontline but overall i've had a shit load of fun in the like ~30 hours i've put in it since Friday

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Never played a game like this (medieval first person melee combat type). Should I play this?

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Never played a game like this (medieval first person melee combat type). Should I play this?

As someone who hadn't either until picking this up a few days ago -- I'd say $30 is worth it, especially if you have a friend or two you can play it with. Regardless, the initial learning curve is easy enough (advanced tactics for tryhards less so).

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoy this game; It has some balance issues on maps, and needs some kind of party indicators in modes like frontline but overall i've had a shit load of fun in the like ~30 hours i've put in it since Friday

Press H, no idea why it's not the default but it puts a mark above the heads of your teammates.

Having a ton of fun with it. The combat system is really well tuned and precise, I hope we see a * Souls game in the future that evolves the combat along these lines.

• 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Picked this up, have almost 10hours in. Lots of fun. I'm dying a lot. Good visuals and feels really responsive. Pretty deep when you get into details of character equip/gear & there is definitely a skill curve to be able to kill any half competent players.

I'm sure they can probably add on a lot (more maps, kill cam, additional customization, etc) but this is a great game for $30 or even $50 it seems.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Press H, no idea why it's not the default but it puts a mark above the heads of your teammates.

Having a ton of fun with it. The combat system is really well tuned and precise, I hope we see a * Souls game in the future that evolves the combat along these lines.

Yay I can turn blood back on, blue covered in blood got me a TK a few times. Also Hekotat Hekotat gotta learn to love the carnage, you are going to have bad games.

• 1Like