(PC) Mordhau

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
This game is fun. Reminds me of Mount & Blade a lot.

Best part of this game is getting Hekotat Hekotat to rage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Getting kills in this game is the most satisfying thing to date, it can also be the most rage inducing. However, It is really addicting and fun.

Step to this you nerds. You either gonna die or see me Alt+F4.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Very idiot friendly if you don't mind dying mindlessly. Fairly in depth with the technical aspects. 1v1'd on a dead server with a dude last night learned a lot. Honestly my mind I don't think is quick enough for this to handle the combo of A: What attack are they doing, do I parry, chamber, dodge and am I getting "played" by them morphing B: Same time be figuring out my counter attack and follow up that C: Likely to get interupted by them doing the same defences back. I'll just as often get hit because my morph slowed my attack down too much as their hit landed first, or fuck up and try to poke chamber a swing etc.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Very idiot friendly if you don't mind dying mindlessly. Fairly in depth with the technical aspects. 1v1'd on a dead server with a dude last night learned a lot. Honestly my mind I don't think is quick enough for this to handle the combo of A: What attack are they doing, do I parry, chamber, dodge and am I getting "played" by them morphing B: Same time be figuring out my counter attack and follow up that C: Likely to get interupted by them doing the same defences back. I'll just as often get hit because my morph slowed my attack down too much as their hit landed first, or fuck up and try to poke chamber a swing etc.

I don't have the real time interest to invest into the 1v1 depth of the game personally even though I like it depth. I just stick to the melee of frontline.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I don't have the real time interest to invest into the 1v1 depth of the game personally even though I like it depth. I just stick to the melee of frontline.

What's your highest burst dps?

Muurloen

Step to this you nerds. You either gonna die or see me Alt+F4.
See the latter more than the former.

While I love fighting on the front lines, my favorite is flanking the ranged players and beheading them with the executioner's sword.

I tend to be more of a morphing, feinting, and deceiving kind of fighter when on the front line. I really need to work on chambering.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
What's your highest burst dps?

Using the peasant perk plus a 2 point frying pan in primary, secondary, and tertiary i have managed to throw 2 pans and charge in with an overhead on the 3rd equipped pan. It always lands because they never expect that I have the 3rd one in inventory. This fail proof method results in about 60 damage over 3 hits. (+15 throw damage, +15 throw damage, 30 blunt damage)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Been having fun with engineer. Put up a row of spikes. Throw smoke in front of it, wait for impales. Seems most effective so far on the snowy map. It's not a *great* way to get kills, but it's hilarious to get them. Also, if you see a distant horse, stand in front of spikes and stop moving and pretend you're afk. Horse comes running at you, block and listen to the horse scream itself into a bloody mess.

• 1Weird Boner

Hekotat

Patch #6 Changelog
renderTimingPixel.png

DISCUSSION
Just in case, make sure to restart Steam so that the patch downloads.
Patch #06 Changelog
Gameplay

• Spectators can no longer initiate or participate in vote kicks
  • Starting votekicks and casting votes against enemies is no longer possible in team modes
  • Avoiding votekicks by leaving the server is no longer possible
  • Votekicks now need more vote majority to succeed
  • Fixed unlocking getting stuck
  • Fixed high level unlocks staying locked despite reaching the level
  • Added Gothic buckler skin
  • Added Kleines Messer (Cleaver skin)
  • Added Baron’s Cutter (Cleaver skin)
Combat
  • Kicks now have more range against active held blocks and recovery. This will significantly increase range of kicks against shields and fist block only (Doesn’t affect parries/timed blocks)
  • Increased kick tracer width slightly (making it more reliable in facehug range)
  • Nerfed chase mechanic slightly - now has a bit less activation range & movement speed bonus upon activation. This will make it weaker mostly against unarmored builds.
  • Increased stab early release by 25ms (this will make all stabs hit very slightly slower)
Weapons & Equipment
  • Heater and Kite shield block adjusted, it is now slightly easier to hit around these shields
  • Fixed parry backpedal speed being lower on targe/buckler than regular parry
  • Fixed eveningstar having 5 stamina on hit instead of 10 on stabs
  • Mallet and Blacksmith hammer now have more range
  • Mallet repair ability buffed
  • Deployable ballista can now turn more, has faster ammo replenish and has slightly more health
  • Deployable spikes now have slightly more width, covering more area
  • Toolbox now spawns with 5 out of 6 ammo and now resupplies 6 ammo at ammo boxes instead of 3
  • Smokes now disable chase mechanic
Maps & Gamemodes
  • Frontline capturing & neutralizing is now faster
  • Fixed straw shack roof having no collision on MountainPeak
  • Fixed some icicles
  • Fixed attempt for bug in BR where if you die at warmup 1 second you can get the defeat screen despite respawning.
Networking
  • Potential fix for slots not being reserved for existing players on map change
  • Potential fix for server browser not working for some people / not seeing any servers
  • Server browser and matchmaking filters now save properly
Visuals & Misc.
  • Shortspear holster is only on the back
  • Fixed floating weapons in demos
Audio
  • Lowered volume of ballista hit sound
AI
  • Fixed bots being given too many turds up-front in certain cases, which would cause them to unload the volleys of turd reserves even long after the player leaves the stuck spot
  • Horde bots turds now have AOE damage, nerfing the ability to avoid the horde by camping towers and other places where the horde can’t reach the player
UI
  • Scoreboard now automatically scrolls to always show the player's entry

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
"Deployable ballista can now turn more, has faster ammo replenish and has slightly more health"

Just no.

Break

I'm getting tired of the game fast, hit detection is strange and I don't know why I get hit sometimes. I've had enemies' axes fly right through my face so I know it's not just me, there's a small chance projectiles will simply not register despite going right through the enemy. And sometimes I could swear I blocked an attack but I still get hit, although it could be due to angles or lag or something.

Oh and the maps are really poorly balanced, it's virtually always a stomp for one side or the other.

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Just installed this today. Is anyone looking to play or am I too late to the party?