(PC) - Ziggurat (fps magic rougelite)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just saw the TB video from this

Looks good. Aesthetic reminds me of Torchlight. Can get it on Steam, $15.

Bought it since he seemed so incredibly positive and it is fairly cheap.

Caliane

neat. video doesn't look appealing to me. those square rooms, etc. which he notes.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
neat. video doesn't look appealing to me. those square rooms, etc. which he notes.
Did one run. Didn't see TB mention it, but controller works great for the game. Also seems a lot easier to kill ranged than melee mobs. You're a ranged character, so dodging things shot at you while shooting back is a lot easier than trying to move away from enemies while shooting. Enjoyable first run, but don't advice offering away your health for bonuses before the boss room...

The square rooms as you mention might be more of an issue later on (once you get used to them), but layout didn't bother me much. Every room in the first level I tried was different in terms of layout/elevation, even though they all were square.

Moebiwan

shitlord
I picked this up last night and did one run as well. I'll echo what Droigan said about the controller, and it worked way better than I expected. Quick turning, smooth movement. The only thing that took some getting used to (especially after playing borderlands the pre-sequel) was the really low altitude jumping.
Also, the squareness of the rooms really weren't noticeable, or perhaps I just didnt care since there seem to be plenty of objects, pillars, stairs, etc to maneuver around. I cleared out the first level and eventually got squished by the first boss but it was quite fun.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This game fucking rocks. I haven't enjoyed an FPS this much in a very long time, and it's probably due to the physics and run speed allowed. Game has a ton of promise, I really hope they support it with patches/dlc/expansions.