Penny Arcade's Strip Search

The Master

Bronze Squire
http://www.penny-arcade.com/strip-se...tists-assemble

Penny Arcade's reality web show to find the next big web comic artist had its first episode posted today. I was a little leery of this when they put it on their Kickstarter, but it actually seems like it might be pretty interesting. First episode is just introducing the house and the contestants, I am looking forward to see what kind of contests they come up with. With, what, 12 years of writing PA they must have a very good idea of what challenges might actually reflect the skills it takes to become a successful web comic artist.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
god that first episode was painfully bad. the cast seems semi interesting is the only reason I'll watch #2. man those guys should have higher expectations than that. bad jokes, awkward pauses, dating show graphics, poorly edited. sheesh

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Didn't last more than 10 minutes into it, which is all that needs to be said really. What the hell were PA thinking with this?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I enjoy it. It's a side product of a Kickstarter campaign, I'm not sure why you guys are expecting primetime TV quality here.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was expecting more because it was coming from two guys who are responsible for PAX and one of the funnier comics out there. Instead it feels like a much worse version of a VH1 reality show. You don't need a big budget to do quality work

either way, watching episode 3.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ep 3 is the best so far because they finally get into actual competition.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't believe how many people work at penny arcade

can't believe the two people that girl chose for elimination. have a semi crush on monica

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Third elimination just happened and it's a pretty good episode. Both comics were good and Mike got so pissed that they had to cut someone that they needed to shut off the cameras and calm him down.