Persona 5

spronk

FPS noob
here are two websites i have bookmarked, first just flat out lists combos for the twin girls quests and second is a list of all personas and if you click one it'll tell you the million ways to get em. i think vorph originally linked the second website
Persona 5 Guide: Persona Fusing Solutions for the Twin Wardens Strength Cooperation | RPG Site
Persona 5 Compendium

also only until recently i realized you can go back and recreate personas that you already capped for $$ (persona registry option when you talk to igor), up until then like a dumbass I was going back into mementos and recapturing stuff lol

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fusion is pretty much the same as always, except they got rid of triangle fusion and treasure personas follow their own rules.

Arcana1 x Arcana2 = Arcana3 (according to the chart in the manual)

The specific persona you get is determined by averaging the base levels of the input personas, adding 1, and then going up in level to the next persona in arcana3.

Arcana1 x Arcana1 = Arcana1

When the arcanas used are both the same the result is also from that arcana. It's still (base_level+base_level)/2+1, but you go down in level to find the result, AND the result cannot be one of the two input personas.

Arcana1 x Treasure = Arcana1

Works just like the same-arcana fusion above, except you go up in level to find the result instead of down. And of course you still can't get the same result as you put in. There's also some weirdness here at low levels that I don't really understand though.

For example, Obariyon(8) x Regent(10) = Arsene(1). You'd think it would be High Pixie, since (10+8)/2+1 = 10 and High Pixie is 16... but nope. It drops down to Arsene who is base level 1 instead.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So played about 9 hours so far. Things are starting to open up a bit. I am still on the first palace but almost to the end I believe.

The amount of trash in the game gets annoying some times. It would also be nice to be able to replenish MP without having to leave the castle, spend a day outside of it, and do something else. I hope we get potions for this later on - unless I am missing something and they are available now? Either way, the story so far is ridiculous and awesome at the same time and I cannot wait to see what happens with this first one.

Any tips please let me know. I could use all the help I can get. Big newbie tips? Even though I played Persona 4 on my Vita, it was my first Persona game and I never got very far. This one is more fun for me since I can play on my PS4.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just can't get this game's gameplay flow... at all. I absolutely love the style, and I like the combat, but damn if I'm not in that first palace and the gameplay flow hits me square between the eyes, and turns me off to the game. When we finally (finally) decide to go all the way and finish the first palace's objective, I get to the second floor and I'm out of SP about four rooms past the safe room. I can't go back to it and restore hp/sp like a bonfire to grind things out. I don't have any items to restore SP. I have limited healing items that were expensive as hell to purchase. So I'm guessing that intended flow is that you are supposed to go in, fight to the next safe room, and then burn a day against your time limit (both short and long term), slog through more text and social crap, and piss off the history teacher again, only to resume your trip in the dungeon at the end of the next school day? That just seems very... jarring. I don't mind having the game separated into two different things: dungeon crawling, and social sim at all. But I really don't like being forced to break up the dungeon crawling into multiple chunks that burn your time limit, or am I completely off base here?

spronk

FPS noob
the rapey doctor chick (death) sells trinkets that restore 7 SP per round, so ranking her up first is the thing people recommend most. It costs 100k initially but at death rank 7 she cuts everything by 50%. I was at rank 7 by palace 3 or 4 and it made things much easier after that, just sleep 1 trash mob and just do nothing until all your chars have full SP whenever you need SP.

i enjoy the palaces the most in this game, and i get super frustrated and angry whenever i have 15-20 days pass where I can't do shit except what the game tells me to. which happens way too much.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I just can't get this game's gameplay flow... at all. I absolutely love the style, and I like the combat, but damn if I'm not in that first palace and the gameplay flow hits me square between the eyes, and turns me off to the game. When we finally (finally) decide to go all the way and finish the first palace's objective, I get to the second floor and I'm out of SP about four rooms past the safe room. I can't go back to it and restore hp/sp like a bonfire to grind things out. I don't have any items to restore SP. I have limited healing items that were expensive as hell to purchase. So I'm guessing that intended flow is that you are supposed to go in, fight to the next safe room, and then burn a day against your time limit (both short and long term), slog through more text and social crap, and piss off the history teacher again, only to resume your trip in the dungeon at the end of the next school day? That just seems very... jarring. I don't mind having the game separated into two different things: dungeon crawling, and social sim at all. But I really don't like being forced to break up the dungeon crawling into multiple chunks that burn your time limit, or am I completely off base here?

That is the intent, it's super annoying At first but stick with it the real life side gets more fun.
You will go in and out them many times, some times road blocks must be moved in the real world first.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So played about 9 hours so far. Things are starting to open up a bit. I am still on the first palace but almost to the end I believe.

The amount of trash in the game gets annoying some times. It would also be nice to be able to replenish MP without having to leave the castle, spend a day outside of it, and do something else. I hope we get potions for this later on - unless I am missing something and they are available now? Either way, the story so far is ridiculous and awesome at the same time and I cannot wait to see what happens with this first one.

Any tips please let me know. I could use all the help I can get. Big newbie tips? Even though I played Persona 4 on my Vita, it was my first Persona game and I never got very far. This one is more fun for me since I can play on my PS4.

At one point you can make coffee and curry at the cafe. The are SP pots.

Buy the items spronk mentioned from the doctor as well.
I use sleep as well it's OP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
the rapey doctor chick (death) sells trinkets that restore 7 SP per round, so ranking her up first is the thing people recommend most. It costs 100k initially but at death rank 7 she cuts everything by 50%. I was at rank 7 by palace 3 or 4 and it made things much easier after that, just sleep 1 trash mob and just do nothing until all your chars have full SP whenever you need SP.

i enjoy the palaces the most in this game, and i get super frustrated and angry whenever i have 15-20 days pass where I can't do shit except what the game tells me to. which happens way too much.

Right ... I started this Saturday as my wife and daughter had a "girls day" and I was pretty much able to just game uninterrupted. I spent most of that time just going through dialogue, walking ten feet and more dialogue. I was told by my friend that's just the tutorial part, and I decided to tough it out, but I read on other forums where that happens in other areas. Despite that, I finally get to the point where we are actually going to do crawl some dungeon, so I started having fun. Then, I found myself low on resources I couldn't restore, and I died. I can restart at the safe room, but still low, and the idea of having to leave so soon after really just getting started and having to slog through yet even more dialogue to just get back to what I was having fun at just deflated my desire to go on.

And that SP recovery trinket sounds nice, but also sounds like something that isn't happening any time soon... so just keep fighting towards the next safe room until then?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
At one point you can make coffee and curry at the cafe. The are SP pots.

Buy the items spronk mentioned from the doctor as well.
I use sleep as well it's OP.

Is this fairly early? And once open, can you keep yourself at least decently stocked enough to restore your SP bar one or two times in one session? I mean, the entire combat system is based on using SP abilities to exploit the mobs' weakness, which has been amazing since I first played it in SMT 3, so making the primary resource for combat this limited seems kind of counter productive. I don't mind toughing it out for a few bits, but if I have to go half of the game like this, I'm not sure I have the willpower for that.

Vorph

I've cleared every palace to the treasure or other forced stopping point in one day. Was somewhat difficult in the first palace (normal difficulty) because I had no idea how long it was and didn't bring enough consumables, but I did it anyway by farming a LOT of encounters with Agathions in which I knocked them down and demanded an item. They give you a 10SP restoration item about 90% of the time. I also stealthed and occasionally sprinted through most of the upper rooms just before the treasure because I was out of everything.

Palaces after the first were all super easy to clear, and I had to bump the difficulty up to Hard starting at the third one. Doesn't actually make a difference once you have Adhesive 3's though, and I'm saving Merciless for NG+.

The real trick to SP management though is to use physical attacks as much as possible. Instead of using magic at 3-4SP a pop, you heal up the HP costs of the whole battle or even multiple battles with a single Dia or Media. You just need some good phys/gun attacks to pull it off, and also Lucky Punch is insanely useful once you and/or Morgana learn it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
just leave if your not full hp/sp, do your afternoon and evening event then go back the next day, down the road they give you 20 days to finish a dungeon so expect lots of in and out. You always have to trigger the boss from the real world anyway,

Get used to the in and out.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've cleared every palace to the treasure or other forced stopping point in one day. Was somewhat difficult in the first palace (normal difficulty) because I had no idea how long it was and didn't bring enough consumables, but I did it anyway by farming a LOT of encounters with Agathions in which I knocked them down and demanded an item. They give you a 10SP restoration item about 90% of the time. I also stealthed and occasionally sprinted through most of the upper rooms just before the treasure because I was out of everything.

Palaces after the first were all super easy to clear, and I had to bump the difficulty up to Hard starting at the third one. Doesn't actually make a difference once you have Adhesive 3's though, and I'm saving Merciless for NG+.

Did you knock them down with a gun? And are the Agathions a particular persona/shadow (mob)? or is that the name of all of them you encounter in a dungeon?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Is this fairly early? And once open, can you keep yourself at least decently stocked enough to restore your SP bar one or two times in one session? I mean, the entire combat system is based on using SP abilities to exploit the mobs' weakness, which has been amazing since I first played it in SMT 3, so making the primary resource for combat this limited seems kind of counter productive. I don't mind toughing it out for a few bits, but if I have to go half of the game like this, I'm not sure I have the willpower for that.

No, you get 30sp from coffee early, your not going to refill many bars. I used a ton of ffwd via auto attack. If a mob can be two or three shot, just kill it and save sp, seems cheaper to heal ooc anyway.

Vorph

Did you knock them down with a gun? And are the Agathions a particular persona/shadow (mob)? or is that the name of all of them you encounter in a dungeon?
Agathions were most easily found in the kitchen area I think. It looks like a cat(?) in a jar. They are only weak to wind and they resist gun, so I killed them with phys attacks. Early on you have to use 3 SP from you or Morgana to knock the last one down, but since they are only level 3 they start to beg for mercy when there's only one left and that saves you SP.

By the time I got to the treasure I used every single HP/SP consumable I had, and I didn't fight anything not absolutely required on the last 3 floors or so.

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agathions were most easily found in the kitchen area I think. It looks like a cat(?) in a jar. They are only weak to wind and they resist gun, so I killed them with phys attacks. Early on you have to use 3 SP from you or Morgana to knock the last one down, but since they are only level 3 they start to beg for mercy when there's only one left and that saves you SP.

Ok yep I know which one you are talking about. I actually fused two persona's to get one during the tutorial.

just leave if your not full hp/sp, do your afternoon and evening event then go back the next day, down the road they give you 20 days to finish a dungeon so expect lots of in and out. You always have to trigger the boss from the real world anyway,

Get used to the in and out.

And I think I could, but with that said, do they have frequent safe rooms that I can work towards, and when I reach it, I kind of know that I am done for that particular session?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Ok yep I know which one you are talking about. I actually fused two persona's to get one during the tutorial.

And I think I could, but with that said, do they have frequent safe rooms that I can work towards, and when I reach it, I kind of know that I am done for that particular session?

Correct.

Vorph

There's hope for SMT HD now. The current one in development has only been talked about for the Switch so far, but Atlus is using Unreal Engine 4 and with the Switch only having a single screen there's no reason it shouldn't end up on the PS4 as well. Barring Nintendo being assholes and paying for exclusivity anyway.

BTW, big thumbs up to whoever mentioned Remote Play on PC. I never really gave it much thought since it used to just be 720p max (ew) and I didn't realize that the Pro was able to do 1080p without dropping any frames. Works just about perfectly though, pretty much no latency on the DS4 and just some minor compression artifacts from time to time. It's great when I need to sit at my desk instead of in front of the TV.

Vaclav

It takes a bit, but you can save "actions" on making Curry/Coffee for SP regen by leveling up Kawakami for 5k per time - once you get her max she even waives the fee which is insane. (plus, she can give you a "special massage" [and yea, pretty sure it's in quotes for a reason] to let you still do something on evenings after you dungeon)

Not as good as the doctor obviously, but super handy. (she'll also give you extra actions during class sometimes too at the low levels)

• 1Like

Vaclav

Also, another tip is that more than a couple of the confidants will give you social stats as you're working them - Sun (politician) has seemed like the best route for raising Charm that I've found, sure its not always available, but a huge "free" bonus while you're working him.