Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • More!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Exclusive news of new MMORPG coming soon (tm).

Pharone's Quest

Started: Nowish
Expected Ship Date: In the future
Goal: Beat Pantheon to release

The designer, developer, owner goes way, way back in the MMORPG industry as an antagonist that points out what other developers do wrong in there games on their forums, so he totally can do this shit. Like really. He even met Brad McQuaid one time in Las Vegas, so he has the mozz sticks ready to go.

Will we have a kickstarter? Hell no. I mean... we want this to be an organic development process that involves the players at every step of the way from pre-pre-pre alpha up through pre-pre- alpha and beyond. If we took money from a kickstarter, it would be a set amount of money, and people would expect something to actually be released at some point. No no no. Instead, we like the idea of not having a definitive release date, so that way we can continue to work on the project for ever until it is perfect, and then release it... assuming we are still alive to do so at this point in the future.

As such, we want you, the players, to be part of ever aspect of the development of Pharone's Quest. The first part of that is funding the development of the idea for the development of the pre-pre-pre Alpha of the game. Yes. You are the driver of our great game, and you can help push its development with your dolla bills. We will setup a patreon for you to subscribe to, and you will get to make angry posts about our game in our forums as a benefit for your monthly pledge! What a bargain!

Be on the look out for our first demo video where we show you bought assets from the Unity store walking around a very little area we call Idiot's Retreat. You can look forward to many demo videos of this one zone for many years to come as we learn how to use the already built in features of the Unity engine and brag to you about how awesome our development abilities are at dragging and dropping them on the screen.

Hype my boys... Get hyped. Pharone's Quest is coming.!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Nirgon Nirgon we need a shill on the forums to shoot down all attempts to discredit the game, and I got a mozz stick with your name on it buddy.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Oh shit. You need more than one mozz stick? How about if I throw in a "I shill for Pharone" TShirt?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
shilling for pharone.PNG

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is this gonna be another p2w degenerate weeb MMO? Feel like this is Shaw material and ur pulling my leg. You know?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
For the first 10 supporters that send us money, you get the following exclusive tshirt!

are we there yet.PNG

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Is this gonna be another p2w degenerate weeb MMO? Feel like this is Shaw material and ur pulling my leg. You know?
Sir are you questioning our talents with out first seeing the first pre-pre-pre Alpha build yet? How dare you sir. How dare you.

Pharone's Quest. It's going to totally kind of rock.!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
We are in a subsection for serious MMOs, throw this in the shaw with Foler and the gypsy

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ye of such little faith. Fine.

Here's an early design I did on a napkin. I hope you're satisfied that I am giving away secrets just to please you.

napkin design.PNG

• 1Pathetic

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You know this whole time I've used the word "dowg", I've been correct despite people accusing me of bastardizing "dawg".

Dowg is a word which has evolved over time in describing a friend or a companion which deserves to be called a friend. Once known to resemble a human male which covets woman as an item, now describes a buddy of life and friendship which can evolve into a lifetime.
https://sites.pitt.edu › ~emk4 › comp2
dowg - University of Pittsburgh

In fact, it is they who are wrong. Like many things, I guess.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've never been to the Unity store but I have been to the Araysar thread in the shaw. I'll be there with my dowgs if you need me.

• 1Worf

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Day 1 Progress:
  1. Created hype post on FiresofHeaven.org - check
  2. Tried to recruit Nirgon - check
  3. Had first disagreement with playerbase - check
  4. Located some cool assets on the Unity store for cheap - check
  5. Watching YouTube video series on how to make a MMORPG in Unity - check
Unity Tutorial MMORPG #2 | Creating the Projects

Tomorrow's planned goals:
  1. Install Unity on my laptop
  2. Install VS on laptop
  3. Install Blender on laptop
  4. Interact with the forums more
  5. Create first pre-pre-pre-pre Alpha project in Unity
  6. Watch video on making something in Blender again

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Day 1 Progress:
  1. Created hype post on FiresofHeaven.org - check
  2. Tried to recruit Nirgon - check
  3. Had first disagreement with playerbase - check
  4. Located some cool assets on the Unity store for cheap - check
  5. Watching YouTube video series on how to make a MMORPG in Unity - check
Unity Tutorial MMORPG #2 | Creating the Projects

Tomorrow's planned goals:
  1. Install Unity on my laptop
  2. Install VS on laptop
  3. Install Blender on laptop
  4. Interact with the forums more
  5. Create first pre-pre-pre-pre Alpha project in Unity
  6. Watch video on making something in Blender again

I'm convinced that this will come out out before Pantheon if you keep up this breakneck pace!

Wait, bad news. Pantheon actually has a release date of tomorrow. So, good luck, you'll need it!

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
WoW... when did this become about WoW o_O ... I'm going to have to step up my game if I am going to compete with WoW. I'm going to have to hire a couple fuzzy trolls or something.

Update From Yesterday's Progress:
  1. Started watching how to create a server client MMORPG backbone
  2. Fell asleep around the 5th episode... was insanely boring
  3. Decided to do research on the necromancer class by creating one in EQ2
  4. Got bored around level 10
  5. Went to bed
Oh yeah. I almost forgot to mention that I got Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise, Blender, and Unity Hub installed on the laptop. I already have it all on my main computer, but it will be nice to be able to work on the game while sitting in the living room with my feet up watching YouTube.

I'd say all in all, very productive first day.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
How many people have spent more on Lost Ark than I've donated to Pantheon ;)

• 1Like