Phish

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The audio quality is amazing. Definitely check it out. I fucking love Col Forbin > Mockingbird.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
another really good one last night. they've really been hitting it out of the park with these choices

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
another really good one last night. they've really been hitting it out of the park with these choices

I was at that show. First time sitting behind the stage which was an amazing experience. So cool to see the crowd from the band's perspective. People being the backdrop for all the lights.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I went to a few shows from the tour they featured last week (94), and I had lowered expectations for tonight (8/19/2012) after looking at the setlist, but it's pretty damn good. On a related note, there is a run of Phil and Friends shows from April 1999 on youtube that is absolutely killer. Trey and Page both play with Phil and two other dudes, and it's better than any Dead show after the 70s

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Missed this last night. Can't find a vid for it either, lame. Used prime to subscribe to his channel thinking I could at least watch it, nope.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I missed last night too. Definitely want to tune into these going forward.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Still not finding the whole show but did find something finally:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah that opening was sick. Been enjoying these Beacon shows way more than I expected I would. Love the string sections. Guyute was made for a string section. When Trey did his orchestra shows years back that was the time that stood out the most in that format.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I like how he embraces the twitch thing to read out some of the donations and interact with the audience a bit. Found out If you subscribe to livephish+ you can stream the shows but only on your phone so far

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I noticed something I may have overlooked in the past but is new to me but trey seems to have maybe some piezo pickups or maybe a OBEL thing going on with one if his guitars now:

obel.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I noticed that last week too. Which is weird because he always busts out his classic Martin when going acoustic. Could it be another output going to a second rig? I believe that's the same guitar he used on the 2017 tour so maybe there's some digging into past shows that can be done.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I went back over some shows from the last tour I could find on youtube but didn't see anything. I kinda think it is an obel setup because like your saying he has his acoustic he pulls out often enough. I twittered a message at him but doubt I'll hear anything back. Maybe a tip tonight could get an answer

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
"I am soooooo spatchcocked right now ....."

fucking water all over my monitor, hahahahaha

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

• TRS outputs: In order to achieve the direct line between his pickups and V1 while still maintaining access to his effects, Trey had TRS stereo outputs installed on his guitars, where one of the two stereo channels runs direct to the SGA and the second runs into the Bradshaw effects switching system and then a Komet 60. Though he doesn’t use both amps at the same time, Trey can set loops/delays/reverbs with the effects on the Komets and then switch outputs and play over them on the SGA. So you may hear what sounds like two guitars at once. Reports indicate Trey and the team are quite pleased with the results.

Finally found out what Trey is doing with the dual outputs. Pretty slick setup

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Finally found out what Trey is doing with the dual outputs. Pretty slick setup
Hey Jooka!

My close-knit friends back in high school were huge Phish-heads, so I wafted through many a foggy night peering down a bong with Phish's musical lines noodling their way in my ears. I thought they were extremely talented, had an amazing skill set for improvisation, and had prodigious creativity and a following that *any* band could dream about.

The one problem...

Their music itself.

I just. Couldn't. Get. Over. Their sound as a unit. Too folksy-noodly, and that's the most diplomatic assessment I can give Phish. HUGE appreciation for them and what they did, do and are, but their sound is just too loose. It's all a matter of taste. I know that, and you do too :)

With all that said, can you point me in the direction of a video clip with a timestamp where Trey is implementing this two cord cable effect to good use?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you mean shows, all of the beacon shows and the 3 maya shows, if you mean looping on one amp and playing on the other I'd have to go back threw them to find something(which you can do yourself) since I just now found out what he was doing with the 2 outputs.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
if you mean looping on one amp and playing on the other I'd have to go back threw them to find something(which you can do yourself) since I just now found out what he was doing with the 2 outputs.
^ this, yes :)

I've never seen or heard of a 2 input guitar going to 2 amps in stereo, that's wild. Curious what that sounds like.