Pillars of Eternity, Obsidian's new CRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I still play temple of elemental evil, if you can get to level 4 on a solo run you start to really fuck shit up. When you get great cleave you have some serious mobility and damage.

Or just play a cleric, both good times.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I think the Temple of Elemental Evil has suffered from time. It was good back then, but has not aged very well.

Pillars, yes, every fan of CPRGs needs to put them on their wish list, at least 2. 1 was too dark for me. Wasn't bad, but god was it depressing at times, at least until you got to the White March DLC that freshened things up a bit. I love the setting for 2, your home base is a ship and you sail the seven seas in search of adventure, finding new lands and monsters and shit. Loved it. But as a lover of turn based game, I was not too happy with the implementation in 2, so it's one of the few games I favour the real time combat.

I loved the system in PoE 2 . makes me bored to play D&D games .. 5e feels so “neutered” at times and it’s all about the “Die Rolls” . So many “abilities “ are ( gives you advantage on some roll ) it’s lame as F at times .

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I should probably start a "Rajaah's CRPG Blog" thread at this point so people can follow on my 12-game celibate voyage of losing muscle tone and getting fat and pimply and no longer being appealing to women. But By God, in exchange I get to play some fantastic games!
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished up Pillars 2.

pacing is definitely poor at the end. Kindof had to force myself to finish.
Like, met Eothas at maw. and.. had the world cleared, so basically just went ot meat him at the final immediately. I had hit level 20 much, much earlier as well. so any character progression stopped like 20 hours before finishing the game.
Gear had a major issue with this. the idea that any item can be upgraded to end game is neat. but cost is prohibitive for that. And, it does also kill gear pregression.

For a game that focuses SO much on dialogue. I also didn't feel like enough of the dialogue choices actually fit what I wanted to say or ask enough.

I did two of the dlc. beast of winter, and forgotten sanctum. decent adds to the game. flush out discussions with the gods nicely.