Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one that thinks Elf really isn't all that funny? I'm dumbfounded why so many people love that movie.
Yeah, I never understood it either. People consistently have it on their "best" Christmas movies list, but I never really understood the appeal. Maybe it's because my first viewing of it wasn't until years after its release, but I was just never a fan.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Am I the only one that thinks Elf really isn't all that funny? I'm dumbfounded why so many people love that movie.
i dunno. its a corny film, but its aware of its corniness so its funny like that. plus it has a young blonde Zooey Deschanel.
iu

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched this this morning. Great movie even though predictable from the beginning. John Candy was such a gem. Can watch everything he does over and over and never get sick of it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just watched this this morning. Great movie even though predictable from the beginning. John Candy was such a gem. Can watch everything he does over and over and never get sick of it.
he even makes movies he isnt the star much better. his cameo in JFK was a complete surprise.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I had watched this when it first came out on home media ( VHS we used to call that )

I'm ashamed to say I hadn't seen it since.

Just watched it again, great movie.

I remembered it enough to know John Candy's character's true story / situation. I could see the subtle hints that were dropped.

And even knowing that it was coming, it still made me tear up at the end when it comes out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched it again on Thanksgiving with my wife. Still an absolute gem. The scene in the car where he gets his arms stuck had me absolutely rolling.

• 3Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now thats some bullshit right there. Its gonna be some dumb ass romcom too I bet.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity