Planetside 2

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Today was really a pleasure playing for about an hour. Organized squad with Teamspeak, I think for the first time I actually enjoyed playing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Today was really a pleasure playing for about an hour. Organized squad with Teamspeak, I think for the first time I actually enjoyed playing.
It's night and day when you play solo versus playing with organized people.

I ragequit when I see 3 people taking over an entire base and I'm the only one trying to defend/repair all the generators.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't even bother deploying a sundy anymore, I just roam around racking up massive amounts of kills. I don't know why people want to fight over a deploy location, it's not that much XP.

Hekotat

I guess I'm just OCD about keeping what we have. I don't mind if we are losing the map to a huge zerg, but when we are losing an entire continent to 3-10 coordinated people I find that shit unacceptable.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
There's an anti air bundle I'm eyeing. For vanu it has A30 Walker, Burster, Hades, G30 Walker. It doesn't really get very specific though. Like there are 3 different A30's in the store, do you get one of them or all of them or a random choice of the 3?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And even these , with double exp events can be gotten pretty fast. 1k certs does not take long with double exp(+ any other boosts), if you can manage to get some kills. Defending a biolab is crazy good exp during double exp, since you get bonus infantry resource for each kill, so you almost never run out of nades/c4 if you are good with them.

From this event so far, I bought skyguard and a shotgun.

I think I have spent far more on cosmetic then anything else. 500 a skin for each group, vehicle/weapon/player, armor, decals etc
I wanna know what you mean by "not long." I played for a good 6 or 7 hours yesterday and probably ended up with 200 or 250 certs total.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I'll disagree with this. Because biolabs are one of the funnest fights to do since tech plants were changed, either attacking or defending. If you are alone or part of a mindless zerg sure I can see it frustrating, because it just becomes a stand off on the landing pads or just sitting in the teleport rooms doing nothing. But when it comes to coordinated pushes, counter attacks etc, its a hell of a lot of fun and insane exp.

I think I have seen the enemy on my server do 2 coordinated max pushes. Max crashes used to happen all the time in ps1 to break a defense, kinda weird you rarely see it now. It can work for both defenders and attackers.

We had a biolab fight the other day where the VS actually landed a magrider on the landing pads(has something to do with carrying it on the back of galaxy), Crap was funny as hell.
I am rarely alone and am in a fairly well organized outfit. Defending Biolabs consists of standing at the entrances to the teleporters and firing into the portals. There's no real tactics involved beyond making sure there's a couple of groups of AA MAXes on the air pads. Oh yes, if you're attacking you can MAX crash, but to do a MAX crash against a well defended Biolab it requires 100+ MAXes. As I said earlier, my outfit with only a few squads held a Biolab for hours against pretty much the entire NC faction on our server and they had well organized outfits. All we did was stand there and kill anything that moves. Tech plants weren't nearly this bad. So yes, if that's your thing then Biolabs are fun. I prefer to go elsewhere where there's more dynamic fights.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am rarely alone and am in a fairly well organized outfit. Defending Biolabs consists of standing at the entrances to the teleporters and firing into the portals. There's no real tactics involved beyond making sure there's a couple of groups of AA MAXes on the air pads. Oh yes, if you're attacking you can MAX crash, but to do a MAX crash against a well defended Biolab it requires 100+ MAXes. .
You sure do use a lot of hyperbole.

Why is defending a biolab only sitting outside the teleport rooms shooting in? If you are in a organized outfit, why not gather just outside the biolab zone and push the spawn they are coming through? You could even be super conservative, go to the warpgate, get in gals and drop right on the spawn. You could even do a vehicle rush from the biolab itself and take the spawn(s) the enemy is using. Sure they might push inside the actual biolab when a big group moves out to capture the spawn, but once they have no spawn its easy has hell to push them out from inside. Yes you might get a coordinated counter-attack, but that is part of the fun, instead of choosing the "sit and wait" approach.

You are CHOOSING to just sit inside and stare at the teleport rooms hoping someone comes out.

Also, 100+ maxes? Not even. You could easily break biolab defense, no matter the numbers, with ~30 maxes, throw in some engis and medics with it and its very easy to break, with a coordinated push for any organized outfit. The hard part would be holding it long enough to kill the SCU.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Why is defending a biolab only sitting outside the teleport rooms shooting in? If you are in a organized outfit, why not gather just outside the biolab zone and push the spawn they are coming through? You could even be super conservative, go to the warpgate, get in gals and drop right on the spawn. You could even do a vehicle rush from the biolab itself and take the spawn(s) the enemy is using. Sure they might push inside the actual biolab when a big group moves out to capture the spawn, but once they have no spawn its easy has hell to push them out from inside. Yes you might get a coordinated counter-attack, but that is part of the fun, instead of choosing the "sit and wait" approach.
Because it's a more effective defense to sit inside and shoot them as they teleport in? It gets you huge points and as stated above is very hard to break.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not even close to effective. Considering when they teleport in they are protected by shields. The only way to get kills is via idiots, people who run out alone or try to peak and shoot or c4/sticky grenades, which isn't close to usual combat. Hell it's better kill wise, to let them out of the teleport room and fight between the rooms and objectives. Camping those rooms is the worst exp there is, kill wise.

The only "Good" farm at biolabs is when they are only coming through the aircraft pad. Since there is no invul shields involved. Even then, if the entire enemy zerg is on the pads, port to warpgate, load up 3-5 libs w/ zephers, fly super high to the biolab, then dive down and clear the pad and the sundy that is near by. That way will get you a crap ton more exp then sitting inside and if you want, just hang out and wait for them to counter-attack and do it again instead of going on the offensive.

There are so many more effective and fun ways to do things, then to pick whatever the mindless zerg is doing.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can actually get absurd certs / exp doing what Xalara mentioned and it's mainly cause of what cinge said in his second sentence:

The only way to get kills is via idiots
There is no shortage of these in ps2 or online games in general

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess I'm one of those idiots considering I daily get between 10-50 certs :p Being a medic/engi should be more rewarding for keeping people alive than shooting at stuff.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guess I'm one of those idiots considering I daily get between 10-50 certs :p Being a medic/engi should be more rewarding for keeping people alive than shooting at stuff.
once you get the hang of it and hit the bases at the right time (and repair their turrets) it will add up. I used to get shit for certs too in beta as does anyone new.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just a heads up, if anyone is having some bad performance issues and are on Steam, I'd recommend uninstalling it and installing the game straight from the Planetside website. I decided to do that tonight and my performance / fps went way way up. It's almost like a completely different game now. It even seemed to help a little bit with the rendering issues also, though not fully since it's still something they need to tweak on their end. I'll take anything I can get though lol.

Hekotat

Just a heads up, if anyone is having some bad performance issues and are on Steam, I'd recommend uninstalling it and installing the game straight from the Planetside website. I decided to do that tonight and my performance / fps went way way up. It's almost like a completely different game now. It even seemed to help a little bit with the rendering issues also, though not fully since it's still something they need to tweak on their end. I'll take anything I can get though lol.
Interesting. I might have to try this.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
So I decided to give this game a whirl for when I'm not in the mood for EvE. I'm terribad at FPS games and don't believe in tutorials haha. Logged in and once I started just running around. Whats a good way to start in a support role? And what should I be repping? I saw the generator notifications and stuff but still don't really have an idea of whats going on. Slightly embarassed myself last night when I finally found my squad and died from jetpacking over a wall and forgetting about the whole landing thing lol. Did manage to get a few kills though once I got with the group.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Watch some tutorials on Youtube. You should believe in tutorials rather than asking people to type out the 1k+ words required to get you pointed in the right direction.