Planetside 2

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I once fired on a retreating Harasser, far off in the distance, out of frustration, and headshot a guy on the back of it, who I didn't even know was there. One of those random 1 in a million shots. I'm sure he was telling his buddies about the hacker who made that shot /shrug Sometimes weird ass shit happens and it's not hacking.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hrm when I played PS2 I always felt the game was amazingly cheater free. Relatively speaking of course. I'm sure SOME existed but it was nothing at all like counterstrike games where every few minutes there might be a dude zipping around at 10x normal move speed ruining everyone's fun. As for why they do it, who fucking knows. Hell, playing GTA3 ages ago I had fun for about 20 minutes with invulnerability cheat on in single player laughing at FBI cars endlessly crashing into mine, till I turned it off and played the 'real game'. No clue why someone would want to do that on a live server against actual players, angsty douchebaggery maybe?

I played on Waterson and would hear this or that about a Connery or Mattherson clan and go roll an alt to see what the fuss was. The accusations were always bullshit, tough dudes but beatable, which is how top guys should be. There is a high skill ceiling for stuff in PS2. Every good shot gets called out from time to time but when a lib is flying backward or upside down and you get DOMED by a single belly gun most are too prideful to laugh it off, and realize that gunner or pilot simply knows how to do shit the other guy doesn't. Then come the tears...especially when the pilot of the lib ... was also the gunner!
ya that shit takes unprecedented fuckin skill to solo lib. Kudos to the few that pull that off. We got a few, Nuc, DA, Zaps do to but not many can.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yeah scourge would do this bullshit in his lib (near launch) where he'd pop up from one of the deep Indar ravines so you're looking at the belly. Imagine a fish jumping out of water - the lib is always facing straight up, but the path the lib takes is UP from the ravine, and it would drift in one direction, and then slide BACK DOWN the way it came. He would hold the lib in a pattern where he'd pop up and go back down, never bothering to orient himself in a vaguely normal fashion. All the while whats-his-name rains dalton death.

I'm sure there are videos somewhere of this stuff, but it was insane when I was relatively new to the game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jvirius didn't you post some sick infil videos a year ago or was it scythe thought you were in zaps?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
halfway through level 18! keep finding out new stuff to add to my guy. I play a little sniper now. I had no freaking clue that you had to hold down shift to get a steady shot. i kept wondering why it was so hard to take people out from afar. lol I felt stupid. lol i should read the damn description of items and what not.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
halfway through level 18! keep finding out new stuff to add to my guy. I play a little sniper now. I had no freaking clue that you had to hold down shift to get a steady shot. i kept wondering why it was so hard to take people out from afar. lol I felt stupid. lol i should read the damn description of items and what not.
There's so many little things in this game you would never learn without getting lucky. I had no idea on the shift thing my first few months playing (works with many non-infil weapons too).

Another thing I end up explaining every time I'm NOT an engineer: *every* engie loadout has ammo packs. Simply select your turret and hit your alternate fire button. Viola, its an ammo pack.

Next patch is changing that to a deployable like C4, so yay for fixing that clunky ammo pack shit!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's a good change and it's about time.

I'm bored to tears so I started re-installing PS2 again. I'll be fucking about on different servers.

TheWoodenHorse

Bronze Knight of the Realm
2 things:

Someone said Hossin is now available to beta test but I've not found any way to access it or download it.

As far as hacking is concerned, I've hardly seen any but I have seen 2 hackers that were clearly hackers and reported by about a hundred or so individuals each time.

One was a guy who was completely invincible and had the ability to disappear/reappear at whim. He parked himself atop a sundy and shot anyone who would appear out of it and couldn't be killed even by tank shells, etc. Our outfit would have 4 or 5 guys chasing him around blowing him to smithereens and he'd just turn, pop them and keep going.

The other guy was a heavy that somehow had invisibility cloak that never dropped. He was running around with a heavy machine gun, would show on the mini-map but was invisible to sight. I tossed a grenade where he should have been and success I killed him. He then followed me around for 5 minutes after that griefing me with rockets until I just logged and switched to another faction.

But other than that, I've not seen many hackers at all thankfully. I've heard someone report on an invis/cloaked aerial vehicle on a server once but never seen it myself.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I experienced them fuckers last time was like 3 of them, all had the same clan name or something like masta someshit. I was a tank and i shot him with a fucking tank missle or whatever and it did NOTHING to him next thing i know he blew up my tank instantly. When you get killed it tells you how you got kill and with what, it just showed the guy with no weapons. doesnt tell me how i got killed just that he did it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You have to download test client to play on hossin. It's been out since august.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm so hardcore for this game that I'm in the middle of moving closer to my East Coast server. Once I drop that 250ms+ lag, I'm gonna be godlike*!!! In the meantime, I won't even attempt to play this on hotel internets.

*Warning: Godlike not a guarantee in all 50 states, void where prohibited.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
its fucking choas in PS2 right now. Huge fucking battles going on. i needed a break. lol