Playstation 5

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
That's not entirely true, one of the claimed root causes of the 2600 crash was developers dumping shovelware out into the market.

One of Nintendo's US-branch rules were that each third party could only release five games per year, with the hope being that only the five best games per publisher would make it over here as a result. (Note the implicit assumption even then that only Japanese devs mattered.) On the US publisher side, there's no guarantee any of the five would be any good (why, hello there LJN), and on the Japanese side, the biggest publishers just made secondary 'publishers' when needed to get around the rule. (E.g. the NES Metal Gear was published by the Ultra subsidiary of Konami, not Konami itself.)

It worked so great ya.. that instead of people going thru Nintendo's channels, they just reversed engineered, was dead simple even compared too the 2600..

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's really retarded that I still have to connect an USB cable up to my controller to update it's firmware. The stupid thing should be able to do it wirelessly.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
It's really retarded that I still have to connect an USB cable up to my controller to update it's firmware. The stupid thing should be able to do it wirelessly.
It is propably a safeguard for retards who would try to update a low battery controller and have the process fail and mess it up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
less than a month ps5 ownership updated controller firmware twice

i'm thinking damn do i have go search for 8bitdo controller firmware now?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It is propably a safeguard for retards who would try to update a low battery controller and have the process fail and mess it up.
I'd say wired is less safe since accidentally pulling the cord out mid-update is a much greater hazard than having the battery die. Xbox controllers actually do update over wireless, they just won't start it if the battery is low.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd say wired is less safe since accidentally pulling the cord out mid-update is a much greater hazard than having the battery die. Xbox controllers actually do update over wireless, they just won't start it if the battery is low.

Why is that?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they can get off their ass and announce Dolby Vision and Atmos for their games and hardware for support.

And get off the virtue signaling train with their 1st party titles.

I am still looking forward to God of War 2 but if they fuck that up like they did TLOU2 I am going to throw a fit.

Edit: Also laughable how they have not added folders at the main menu. Who the hell goes into their library to launch their games where they decided to support folders this time around?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Maybe they can get off their ass and announce Dolby Vision and Atmos for their games and hardware for support.

And get off the virtue signaling train with their 1st party titles.

I am still looking forward to God of War 2 but if they fuck that up like they did TLOU2 I am going to throw a fit.

I'm pretty sure Corey would have stepped in if that was gonna happen. Everything looks like its a continuation of what they did in God of War so at least that's a good thing so far.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Corey's turned into a blubbering soyboy who worships at the altar of Druckmann. That said, there haven't been any major red flags about God of War yet.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Corey's turned into a blubbering soyboy who worships at the altar of Druckmann. That said, there haven't been any major red flags about God of War yet.
There is the African Norse god (whose inclusion was explicitly stated to be for diversity by the lore dev on Twitter). Maybe it’s not a red flag, but it’s certainly suggestive.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't care that much about out-of-place Norse gods. Maybe my standards are just lower or maybe I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Imagine if: All the trailers for GoW2 heavily emphasize Kratos, then when the game comes out, he's in it for five minutes before he gets savagely beaten to death by, IDK, a Gay Asian deity or something. Then you play as that character for the majority of the rest of the game.

The fans would be like "what the actual fuck?", it'd get 10/10 from Game Informer, and the publisher would whine about the critics being racists and homophobes.

Imagine. I mean anything less than that feels like a win.

At some point this merry go round has gotten exhausting.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't care that much about out-of-place Norse gods. Maybe my standards are just lower or maybe I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Imagine if: All the trailers for GoW2 heavily emphasize Kratos, then when the game comes out, he's in it for five minutes before he gets savagely beaten to death by, IDK, a Gay Asian deity or something. Then you play as that character for the majority of the rest of the game.

The fans would be like "what the actual fuck?", it'd get 10/10 from Game Informer, and the publisher would whine about the critics being racists and homophobes.

Imagine. I mean anything less than that feels like a win.

At some point this merry go round has gotten exhausting.
Yeah I was initially off put by the black chick being a Norse god, but the more I thought about it, the less it bothered me. Maybe I’m part of the problem since it’s chicken shit that if the roles were reversed (white dude playing African god) there’d be non stop cancellation campaigns. But if I’m being honest, I’ve held my nose to much more extreme SJW transgressions and still found enjoyment/entertainment, in spite of them.

The narrative and gameplay were exceptional in the 2018 God of War, so they’ve earned at least a little good faith from me. Not enough to preorder, but enough that I plan on playing day 1 (assuming they don’t go TLoU2).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm more concerned they'll just recycle the same Troll boss fight 10 times again tbh. All of Norse mythology to pull from, yet every other boss was "non-descript troll #7". Was my glaring criticism from an otherwise exemplary game. Really disappointed in that after just how many gods you got to fight from previous titles....

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users