Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
8 second video, i guess the drive is a seperate purchase and you either get the slim model without the drive or buy the ps5+drive now and put it together yourself. weird.

joz123

Potato del Grande
8 second video, i guess the drive is a seperate purchase and you either get the slim model without the drive or buy the ps5+drive now and put it together yourself. weird.

fake martin scorsese GIF

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I don’t have the ps5 yet, what model should I get: disc or no disc

I’m so on the fence about the ps5 even tho Im a Sony kid. It’s seems there nothing for me to play on it. Most things are moving to PC

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I personally still like physical version of games better. I have lost many online bought games on too multiple past consoles. I do see the advantages of online only but I still love buying games in store for game console.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The advantage of being able to pick up physical discs on sale/clearance for far less than the digital version would ever be discounted is value added for the lifespan of the console. You can pick up the disc versions for $400-450 at this point, maybe even a game included.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider

I’m so on the fence about the ps5 even tho I’m a Sony kid

joz123

Potato del Grande
Any difference between these 2 SSD's for PS5?

Second one is about 25 dollars cheaper and reviews seem good. Both have heatsinks attached.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Any difference between these 2 SSD's for PS5?

Second one is about 25 dollars cheaper and reviews seem good. Both have heatsinks attached.

Seems like they are both about equal read/write speeds. I would personally spend the extra 17 bucks for the Sabrent PS5 heatsink since both of those have heatsinks which will still have you replace the metal cover over the drive, limiting airflow.

spronk

FPS noob

I’m so on the fence about the ps5 even tho I’m a Sony kid

disc is $50 off right now, $450 everywhere

if you have a ps4 or xbox or switch you can trade it into gamestop until saturday and get $50 trade bonus on top. people are like getting $110 for ps4 which isn't that shabby, not sure about switch.

the only caveat is that a slim model is coming this holiday so a slight hardware refresh, no speed changes just probably runs a bit cooler and less internals. A Ps5 pro is due out holiday 2024. No real big game this holiday though other than Spiderman 2.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
PS5 controllers down to 50 bucks in most places. Sony, Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, etc.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The advantage of being able to pick up physical discs on sale/clearance for far less than the digital version would ever be discounted is value added for the lifespan of the console. You can pick up the disc versions for $400-450 at this point, maybe even a game included.

I bet PS5 is going to get discounted even more this holiday season, wouldn't be surprised to see it for $350 at some retailers. Price is gonna come down a lot in advance of the PS5 Pro if it's getting dropped on us next year.

Personally I think the base PS5 is so powerful that we don't even necessarily need a PS5 Pro yet, but at the very least it'll help indecisive people like me who can never decide whether to play on 4K or 60 FPS (cause it'll target doing both).

What really needs an upgrade is the Switch. Tried out Pokemon Scarlet and it looks sub-PS3 visually. WTF.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I personally still like physical version of games better. I have lost many online bought games on too multiple past consoles. I do see the advantages of online only but I still love buying games in store for game console.

I've never "lost" an online bought game, not even sure what that means. Have had a couple of games that I was able to re-play like a generation or two later and re-download it for free when there's no way I would have kept the disc that long.

Still like the option for 2nd hand games and gamefly if I ever so that again, but it's 99% digital only for me

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I might have badly formulated. The online games I got on my wii, psp and wii u did not move with the switch, ps3, ps4. I know they are still in the console but won't probably see thems agains and they have no worth.