Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Holy shit bugsnax is free.

Guessing you guys planning on waiting to get the PS5 are kicking yourself now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also did the list of ps collection games change? I feel like there are a few more but I don’t remember for sure

spronk

FPS noob
pretty awesome news, i really wanted to play bugsnax but didn't want to pay for it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
pretty awesome news, i really wanted to play bugsnax but didn't want to pay for it
Honestly I think it looks pretty terrible but it’s a game that I can play with the kids and I’m sure they will love it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also did the list of ps collection games change? I feel like there are a few more but I don’t remember for sure
It was 18 games originally, looks like BlOps 3 and Crash Bandicoot got added at some point.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of you manage to get the free adapter for psvr > Ps5? Earlier the page kept erroring out and now it says my serial number has already been used.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
20201028_071127.jpg

• 1Cringe

Vorph

So both entirely useless for anything but gaming again, as expected. I wonder if MS is still going to use the custom version of DV that never worked on a whole bunch of Dolby-certified/licensed TVs or will they have a full implementation this time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's Dolby Vision? Just the best HDR?
Their proprietary HDR basically, although isn't XSeX affected by the panasonic HDMI 2.1 bugs? Wonder if that chart was made beforehand and now they're scrambling to fix the hardware issues now.

Vorph

Isn't that bug only for 4K/120Hz output? I thought it would only affect the tiny minority of people who not only buy the new consoles/RTX3080 but also have a brand new receiver (which is where the broken HDMI chip is) and TV to go with them. Gaming at 4K/30-60 and watching Netflix with Dolby Vision on shouldn't be affected.

Vorph

Explain.

When I go to the DV site it just has a slider that makes the colors brighter, blacks darker, like HDR.

Bit depth and dynamic metadata are the important ones.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So “just the best HDR?” Should not have triggered you since it’s accurate!
It's more than HDR, though. It includes bit depth, which is picture quality and clarity. Color precision. Higher nits (2.5x brightness range). And better handling of isolating brightness to parts of the screen for a more realistic image (brightness doesn't bleed into parts of an image that would obstruct light in real life).

• 1Like