Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
big april PS5 firmware update

No M.2 nvme support yet but will allow cold storage of PS5 games
Ars tore into them about this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
PS5 firmware is out, 900 meg download haven't seen anyone report serious issues. just did mine, no issues had to plug in a cable to also update the controller after system update (optional). Some new menu options like check sync status, hide games in library, move PS5 games from SSD to usb cold storage.

Nier Replicant is out in a week although no ps5 patch and also on pc/xbox, but Returnal launches in 2 weeks and looks cool although at $70 msrp i'm not gonna be dipping my toes in until reviews come out and sales happen. feels like a game that even might go on PS+ in a year. No real interest in playing a dumpy middle aged Brienne of Tarth although that probably doesn't matter much if she's in her space suit all the time.

after that Mass Effect Remastered in mid May and Ratchet and Clank in June

Last edited:
  • 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
PS5 firmware is out, 900 meg download haven't seen anyone report serious issues. just did mine, no issues had to plug in a cable to also update the controller after system update (optional). Some new menu options like check sync status, hide games in library, move PS5 games from SSD to usb cold storage.

Nier Replicant is out in a week although no ps5 patch and also on pc/xbox, but Returnal launches in 2 weeks and looks cool although at $70 msrp i'm not gonna be dipping my toes in until reviews come out and sales happen. feels like a game that even might go on PS+ in a year. No real interest in playing a dumpy middle aged Brienne of Tarth although that probably doesn't matter much if she's in her space suit all the time.

after that Mass Effect Remastered in mid May and Ratchet and Clank in June

Forgot about Returnal, looks pretty, but $70 pretty, debatable? I agree spronk spronk that it will be a PS plus game in a couple months when the bigger blockbusters start to finally come out.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I payed 1300$ for my disk version in november, these things are still going over a 1000 if you want to find them in a store. Pretty amazing, also absolutely zero regrets.

(amazon.de has some for € 1050)

• 1Cringe
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I snagged from PS Direct but rushed through the order and likely had default Standard shipping so I expect it will arrive Monday at the earliest.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yes, the “nightmare” of having to move games that you never actually play to storage.

The first thing I did on my PS5 was add my games. I got cockblocked after five games.

So yeah, it’s pretty retarded. I’ll accept nightmare for effect.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The first thing I did on my PS5 was add my games. I got cockblocked after five games.

So yeah, it’s pretty retarded. I’ll accept nightmare for effect.
It’s a minor inconvenience. Only soyboy gaming journalists would call something like that a nightmare.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It’s a minor inconvenience. Only soyboy gaming journalists would call something like that a nightmare.

I disagree. Having to go spend another $300 on an external drive just to access diff games I’ll play w diff people is a terrible user experience.

It feels cheap. Especially after spending $500 on a next-Gen console.

It makes it clear that they don’t really have a novel solution in place for data management.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I already had an NVME external enclosure for faster loads on the PS4 anyways so will literally just swap where it plugs into. I also picked up a SATA enclosure for $20 when I cloned and upgraded an old laptop SSD; the USB connection speed wasn't terrible. Buy larger drives when they go on sale and keep cycling what you have as the hardware gets replaced.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, sure the "pandemic" hindered production and shipping, but it also drove the demand for the console. I really don't think people would be going crazy for a system with one exclusive worth playing and everything else just BC.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, not sure video games have ever been more popular. Pandemic + scarcity extending the opportunistic buying window... if they could copy this every cycle they would.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah in the reseller discords im in its hilarious reading their stories of how every time a stimulus check goes out they get flooded with the exact amounts of the stimulus. "bro, let me buy a ps5 for $600... i'll throw in some weed" lol

meanwhile Sony has backed off its decision to delist ps3/vita store and will graciously let you buy games from them once more

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users