Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
PS5 Rental service could work well with strong collateral right now. Rent at a month at a time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Standard shipping showed up today with my PS5. Ordered Thursday received Tuesday. If you do PS Direct and want a day or two faster than that do Express.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Amazon Warehouse is running 20% on sale on video games, I picked up Miles Morales Ultimate edition last weekend on a chance and it was delivered in less than a day, cost me $42. Fortunately the codes were unused so got Spider Man PS5 remaster (digital code) which I can replay sometime in the future. Huge YMMV though, some people got packages with codes used
www.amazon.com/Marvels-Spider-Man-Morales-Ultimate-Launch-PlayStation/dp/B08FC66ZV4

It only took me around 20 hours to platinum Miles Morales, insanely short game. If you just beeline through the main mission (gotta do a 2nd play through in NG+ for plat) its like 3-5 hours tops. I enjoyed it, visuals were drop dead gorgeous and it was cool zipping around NYC in snow although the scope of the game is absolutely tiny compared to the base game, same map though although the focus is on Harlem.

Traded already into Gamestop for $27, I can't really believe they charged $50 for this game at launch though lol. Demon Souls, Persona 5 and Yakuza Like a Dragon are far better games, but it was a nice little xpac for spiderman.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It only took me around 20 hours to platinum Miles Morales, insanely short game. If you just beeline through the main mission (gotta do a 2nd play through in NG+ for plat) its like 3-5 hours tops. I enjoyed it, visuals were drop dead gorgeous and it was cool zipping around NYC in snow although the scope of the game is absolutely tiny compared to the base game, same map though although the focus is on Harlem.
That’s because it’s a DLC that they decided to sell for essentially full game price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
spronk spronk - thanks for the heads up on the warehouse sale - finally picked up Demon Souls for 20% off $61, so about $50.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
there are quite a few games that run at 120 fps on console, xbox is better since they went into their BC engine and tweaked it to support 120 fps in a lot of games. My LG TV is from 2018 so only does 60 fps so haven't cared much, when I upgrade to the 2021 or 2022 OLED TV i'll care

Ratchet and Clank gameplay trailer, comes out June and PS5 only

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The update system for games is laughable. I have avengers installed to run through it on Ps5, I have 35gb free, I don’t have enough for the patch. Deleted shadows of the colossus to free up 13 gb, avengers downloads a 114 mb patch. Fucking kidding me? Lol. Same shit happens with Apex. I’m literally deleting games to make space for a 100meg to 20gb download, when I have 40gb free anyway.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
^^^ YUP

Sony has really fucked up the Smarts and Parts of this machine. PS4/PS5 Version of game vs smart delivery. Terrible UI,
Every other time i load up Demon Souls (2 bosses left!!) it hangs at launch and i have to restart the system. - my disc still sequels on start up.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
One of my controllers has a very slight bit of drift on the right stick. Noticed this while in a cyberpunk store, since the scroll bar would slowly move down.

Didn't treat the controller bad in any way, never had issues with my pair of ps4 controllers, which easily have been used 10x as much.

Back to the store it goes.

The update system for games is laughable. I have avengers installed to run through it on Ps5, I have 35gb free, I don’t have enough for the patch. Deleted shadows of the colossus to free up 13 gb, avengers downloads a 114 mb patch. Fucking kidding me? Lol. Same shit happens with Apex. I’m literally deleting games to make space for a 100meg to 20gb download, when I have 40gb free anyway.

This.

Somehow my PS had also installed both the PS4 and PS5 versions of AC:Valhalla, which took me a while to figure out.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
One of my controllers has a very slight bit of drift on the right stick. Noticed this while in a cyberpunk store, since the scroll bar would slowly move down.

Didn't treat the controller bad in any way, never had issues with my pair of ps4 controllers, which easily have been used 10x as much.

Back to the store it goes.

This.

Somehow my PS had also installed both the PS4 and PS5 versions of AC:Valhalla, which took me a while to figure out.
if youre out at home improvement stores pick up this
50504600b2d6378c46942ea7ea0aca74.png

just jam it into the stick and give a quick squirt and you should dislodge/clean the stick w/o disassembly

i used it to fix drift on a vita stick
for some reason vita 1000 sticks (the OLED vita) are over 30bucks
280bb199da8ce8343bfae7273622a637.png

i have bought FOUR vita sticks that were either accidentally or purposely mislabeled as vita1000 but are actually vita2000 (these sticks are like 5bucks each)

the electrical contact cleaner worked to clean up the old stick... for some reason it's 24bucks on amazon so i suggest going to hd/lowes

crc has a version too, but atm i only buy sprays from wd40, not b/c i believe they are better, but b/c of the builtin flip spray nozzle, don't ever have to loose those red sticks ever again.

i'm not saying it would 100% work for next time, but for 7bucks and zero work involved, not bad just to have around and spray into the stick for a possible quick fix.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I appreciate the suggestion, but 6 month old tech that breaks goes back to the store.

Hopefully getting large amounts of controllers returned will incentivize them to make a quality one.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I appreciate the suggestion, but 6 month old tech that breaks goes back to the store.

Hopefully getting large amounts of controllers returned will incentivize them to make a quality one.
from ifixit, it's not going to get any better

the sticks in ps5 are the same as in the ps4 and xbox, so theyre probably not gonna change up the sticks since theyre "proven" to work so well.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
from ifixit, it's not going to get any better

the sticks in ps5 are the same as in the ps4 and xbox, so theyre probably not gonna change up the sticks since theyre "proven" to work so well.
Fuck that send it back. Make them pay for their shitty off the shelf parts enough and maybe the cost drives them to a better design.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That ifixit article makes no sense. There's never been any significant or widespread drift issue with any of the controllers that use the stick hardware they talk about. The only controller with an actual drift problem that's so common that the company had to address it publicly is the Switch Joycon, which obviously uses very different parts due to being much smaller than normal gamepads.

• 2Solidarity