joz123

Potato del Grande
Spidey remastered is only PS4 on there, sucks since Morales is PS4/5

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This thing is such a fucking waste. The titles here are nothing but PS Now and PS Plus with collection. In fact, many of the PS1 classics that were on PS Now are mysteriously gone.

Problem here arises where you could purchase PS Plus and PS Now for a year on sale for about $70 total. Now you get the same exact service combined for a 40% increase to $119 a year.

I REALLY hope MS gets their shit together with 1st party launches. Sony is in DIRE need of a fucking wake up call.

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
They did add some good games to the PS4/5 list. Ys 8 and 9, I'll try out Shenmue 3 even tho I read it's crap, Death Stranding.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
oh cool didn't know shenmue 3 was on the list, i played 1 & 2 and hated them but i wanna see how bad 3 is

lol the digital deluxe edition is $4 haha

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol the digital deluxe edition is $4 haha
At release, $4 would've still been too much to ask, and the problems are at such a fundamental level that no amount of patching will ever fix it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
glad I got Returnal on PS+, kinda like the game but I really, really hate the death stuff, the FOV is way too narrow by default but I did forget to try and change it (i think a recent patch had some options). I like the scifi element but I hate the visual aesthetic of the game, it just feels so drab and dead. Probably will play a bit more but doubt I'll ever come close to finishing it. Dunno, just like the rogue elements of something like Hades far more than Returnal.

if I paid $70 for it i think i woulda been pissed

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, that's the beauty of the subscription services.

I yolo'd into a Soul Calibur game the other day on PS Now... a series I'm not sure I've touched since the Dreamcast days.

Was surprised to see a character creator, a story, etc, thought it would just be a fighter, lol. A couple hours later I was done, but super nice to have all these options for some good ADD gaming sessions.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that's the beauty of the subscription services.

I yolo'd into a Soul Calibur game the other day on PS Now... a series I'm not sure I've touched since the Dreamcast days.

Was surprised to see a character creator, a story, etc, thought it would just be a fighter, lol. A couple hours later I was done, but super nice to have all these options for some good ADD gaming sessions.
ADD sessions? If you call my entire life a session. Come on, you know it's not just a session. :D lol

• 1Solidarity

Dandain

Trakanon Raider

i've had the Scuf Reflex FPS PS5s for a while now and really happy, paddles are nice

I wasn't interested at the price point for the Scuf, But I desparately want a PS5 controller with paddles. The Steam controller had a few ahead of its time features, and I just can't play certain games without paddles now after years of muscle memory.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
glad I got Returnal on PS+, kinda like the game but I really, really hate the death stuff, the FOV is way too narrow by default but I did forget to try and change it (i think a recent patch had some options). I like the scifi element but I hate the visual aesthetic of the game, it just feels so drab and dead. Probably will play a bit more but doubt I'll ever come close to finishing it. Dunno, just like the rogue elements of something like Hades far more than Returnal.

if I paid $70 for it i think i woulda been pissed

Yeah I felt the same way about Returnal. It had the potential to be a big hit for PS5, but instead it's too hard to be accessible for half the people playing it. Hell, I can't even get that far with it.

I feel bad for non-hardcore people who got a PS5 and the two big exclusives in the first six months were both hard games (Demon's Souls and Returnal). I guess there's also Ratchet but it goes all the way in the other direction to Easy 4 Kids. I plow Souls games regularly, but a lot of people don't, and there wasn't much else to choose from at launch.

Not sure why Returnal had to be the way it is, but it feels like a total waste of a potential major exclusive. Surprised PS5 didn't get a rep as "the hard game system" or something. I have no problem with hard games in general, but Returnal actively feels like it doesn't want me to play it, regardless of how much I want to. I bet a ton of people who bought it ended up returning it.

• 1Like

Szlia

I have no problem with hard games in general, but Returnal actively feels like it doesn't want me to play it, regardless of how much I want to. I bet a ton of people who bought it ended up returning it.
Hence the title ?

• 2Rimshot
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah there are moments of real fun in Returnal but you get that streak of "i can't see shit, enemies are all around me, oh cool i just died to falling damage" and you lose interest fast. I don't mind hard games at all, I 100%'d Demon Souls, Elden Ring, and Hades but the main character, her lame ass story, and the visual blah of most of the world has me disinterested.

The world and NPCs aren't compelling at all like a From Software game so they really needed a way to let you keep a weapon or something in between runs, after 2 runs where I couldn't get a new good weapon to save my ass and find myself up against boss #1 with a shitty pistol I just don't care about the game at all.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
PS5s are currently in store at random best buys, will be in bundles sold at gamestop this friday, and resellers I see more or less have stopped trying hard to pick them up because they are reselling for only $600 or so (~$50 profit after taxes) so seems like GPUs, the ps5s are definitely getting easier to buy. Xbox Series S and X are in stock all the time and have been for months now

spronk

FPS noob

thats the basic tier, Stray is coming as a launch game to PS+ Premium not sure what else they gonna add