spronk

FPS noob
Are you one of the 37 people who still own a vita? Talk about it in this thread

spronk

FPS noob
So apparently the vita has been completely jailbroken

aYh7nQe.png

http://henkaku.xyz/

HENkaku is the first ever homebrew enabler for PS Vita and PSTV. It is akin to jailbreaking your iPhone or rooting your Android device.
Homebrew are games and other software not officially approved. For example, VitaDoom is a port of the classic game DOOM and mGBA lets you play Game Boy Advance ROMs. You can find more examples in the showcase.
Best of all, HENkaku is 100% free. No cost. No ads. No “donations”.

What are the requirements?
You need a PS Vita or PSTV running system firmware 3.60. Unfortunately, it is not possible to run HENkaku on any device running a higher firmware version and it is also not possible to downgrade your system firmware.
You also need a memory card (any size) with at least 10MB of free space. Internal memory on newer devices is currently not supported. In order to transfer homebrew to your device, you also need a FTP client for your computer. We recommend FileZilla. Finally, you need an internet connection to install HENkaku.

• Vita on firmware 3.60
  • Internet connection
  • FTP client on your PC
  • Memory card
It is important that you never update your Vita past 3.60 if you ever wish to use HENkaku now or in the future. If you do update, all your installed homebrew will no longer work and you cannot install any homebrew in the future.

How do I Get It?
Visit https://henkaku.xyz from the built-in web browser on your PS Vita and press the “Install” button to install HENkaku. You must do this every time you reboot the console–that is, every time you turn the console off and on again.

if anyone tries it let us know how well it works. I'm kinda too lazy to even turn on my vita. 3.60 is the current vita firmware, the warnings are just saying don't update to a version past that (in the future) or this will probably stop working.

The fact that my memory card in the vita is only like 16gb and 90% full kinda makes me meh on the whole "lets fuck around with the vita" idea

spronk

FPS noob
I guess its a really good portable emulator machine if your phone isn't good enough - retroarch, PSP native emulator, and a bunch others have been ported

really good for PSTV too I think, since you can remove the restrictions on which games can be run

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I absolutely love my Vita and have 0 regrets buying it. It is a JRPG BEAST and that's what I want. Also its nice to have FF 1-10 on the go (even if some have stutter issues...its whatever).

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
First person dungeon crawler coming from the Neptunia people. Haha, sorry but the Vita is far from dead

WGmqyO3.jpg

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trails of Cold Steel 2 (Legend of Heroes series) drops on the 6th. Currently in chapter 2 in the first one and I'm 11 hours into the game (7 total chapters)

Taim

Trakanon Raider
Cold Steel is pretty damn good. Shame trails in the sky 2 only came out for pc, not psp. Liked having that as a portable. But looks like Xseed is going to get in the Sky 3 out in the near future. Good stuff.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah really looking forward to Cold Steel II, I've heard it's an even better game than the first one which I really enjoyed.

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
I grabbed Cold Steel during the last sale, but still haven't booted it up. I've also have Muramasa waiting to be started for the first time. I seem to be worse on Vita for buying games and not playing them than I am with regular consoles.

Also, Henkaku has moved from homebrew to full pirated games. It's looking like the system is getting cracked open more and more by the day. I haven't tested any of the piracy stuff, but it's nice to know that it's being worked on if I ever want to turn my Vita into some kind of emulator/piracy machine. Like spronk mentioned above, you need to stay on 3.60 firmware if you want to utilize any of this stuff going forward.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
There any games worth getting for the vita besides Persona 4? I was looking for a decent rpg and couldn't really find any that stood out.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Trails of Cold Steel! (First game is already out, it's sequel is out tomorrow) Pretty good turn-based JRPG, emphasis on world building and character interaction. Has a highschool-life sim element that sort of resembles P4 so if you liked that aspect you would probably like CS.

Edit: Both games are also available on PS3 if you have one lying around, I play on that instead of my Vita.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Turning on my Vita for the first time in like 2 years. Kind of scared....I've had it plugged in charging for over a hour and it's not turning on. The orange light is on indicating it is charging but nothing has gotten through.

Wonder if the battery just needs to be juiced more.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I have a Vita I probably should juice up. I played like two games on it and that was it. Used it to watch movies before cell data was affordable

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Turning on my Vita for the first time in like 2 years. Kind of scared....I've had it plugged in charging for over a hour and it's not turning on. The orange light is on indicating it is charging but nothing has gotten through.

Wonder if the battery just needs to be juiced more.
It going to take a long ass time. I fired mine up about a month ago and went through the same thing. Just leave it plugged in and check it tomorrow.