Poenari Castle (Dracula's Castle)

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Firstly, if there are any Romanians in this thread, please chime in.

I have a proposition for any of my friends (and all FoHers are - even if some of you are stupid, annoying, or just have bad taste in games, I still love you) who are up to the task, and the task requires some money and time ... and some guts.

I have a thing for haunted places. I like to check them out, explore them. I don't believe in the supernatural per se, nor I have seen any evidence that would incline me to change my mind, but it's an interesting subject to explore nonetheless. Now with that said...

I ask if any of you would be interested in spending the night in Poenari Citadel, the real Dracula's Castle (aka, where Vlad the Impaler did all of his brutal shit). I've been to it before, but I wasn't able to spend the night. My idea is to bring some cameras and document whatever we could or would see, as it's considered one of the most haunted places in the world. But again, this isn't particularly to discover or find anything; it's more of a bucket list item.

The citadel is located in the Carpathian Mtns west of Bucharest. The citadel is mostly in ruins, and, as it sits atop a hill, you have to traverse about an hour's worth of stone steps to reach it - so there's really no getting down safely until dawn.

This is sorta a long term idea, not in the immediate future. It however must be done in warm weather. The last time I was in Romania was a few October's ago, and it was brutally cold. I've asked my friends, and they've wimped out, so I'm reaching out to many of you I've known multiple years (just not in person).

If you're at all interested in something like this, post your thoughts here. Below are some pics.

Poenari Castle

rrr_img_32352.jpg

rrr_img_32353.jpg

rrr_img_32354.jpg

rrr_img_32355.jpg

rrr_img_32356.jpg

Cybsled

I'd be more concerned about crazy ass Romanians than ghosts/vampires/whatever ;P

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I'm less than 100 miles away from it. Not sure what you'd expect to find there but I'm always up for a beer with a fellow foh'er.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd go but how does one stay there? Like.. do you just book a night, or is it more of a sneak in and camp there?