Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I found a crappy Lickitumg a few nights ago in my neighborhood. I had no idea he was a problem one to find. Too bad mine is terrible.
I'm sure it's not hard to find them for people in certain areas and those that use the tracking websites/apps, but it was the first one I've seen. I got tons of Growlithes and Mankeys when I was visiting Vegas and haven't got another one since I got home, so it does depend on the locations you frequent.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally I got 0.37 through the play store.

and my weepinbell was showered in candy after the first login, too! (the buddy I set on Sunday from the APK mirror test). That was kind of nice.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Update hit, says it doesnt work on rooted phones. I'm not going to unroot for a game. Looks like I'm done! This has caused a bit of wife aggro as it's the only game we played together. /shrug

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Update hit, says it doesnt work on rooted phones. I'm not going to unroot for a game. Looks like I'm done! This has caused a bit of wife aggro as it's the only game we played together. /shrug

There are ways around it. I don't know specifics, but there are ways. Try googling.

fris

Vyemm Raider
care to share more of how it is? pc and mobile? the engrish details in the about doesn't really sell it

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Site syncs between mobile and desktop so looking on either will show your last or current scan point. Can create profiles for filters if looking for specific Pokemon; loads quickly and has a pretty large scan radius.

I just logged in on my wife's phone and set up her own profile, switching is simple and instant.

Last edited:

fris

Vyemm Raider
65546646.jpg

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Cracked 2 10km eggs at the same time. Both Jinx. Thanks Hillary. Wait, it's not too early to switch to (Thanks Hillary) is it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rali

Trakanon Raider
For those needing a portable map app, on Android, check out Pokemesh.com

Have been using it for a couple of weeks, and its been pretty solid!

At 125 on the Pokedex now, only ones left are the uncommon ones for my area, Charmander, Dratini, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Kabuto etc.

Screenshot_20160915-131403.png

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I was watching the Indians game and glanced at my phone. Mother fucking Snorlax on radar. I do a scan and he's got 12 minutes left 5 houses down from me.

He's only level 10 but he's 82%. If he was higher level. He'd be worth leveling but that's a LOT of walking as a Buddy to bring him up to a respectable CP.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Late for work yesterday, had an early meeting i forgot about so was in a huge rush. Get to a stop light, see my first lapras ever on tracking...5 min late for the meeting already, UHG sorry Lapras, must pay the bills. FM PG L.

So sad after work, take dog for a walk, 10k egg pops 86% Lapras...... Thank you Universe.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow that's a great story Nester!

I had a pretty damn good Pokemon day myself. Got off work, took a nap then headed into Manhattan to Pokemon HQ, SE corner of Central Park. Go Radar is dogshit now, lots of stuff shows up on track that isn't or wasn't ever there. Poke Radar doesn't seem to show anything. Poke Where seems to work really, really well though. I used it all evening in the park picking up Abras, Machops, Dratinis and lots of Geodudes. Bout 2 hours in everyone runs 8 blocks up for a Blastoise. I dropped bout 13 candies and threw 37 Ultra balls at him all for naught. He ran. I already had one but it was annoying to chase something down like that only to come home empty handed.

I tracked a bunch of pokemon down all over until about 11pm when I was like fuck I"m tired, I'm out... As I'm about to step down into the subway people start yelling Snorlax 59th and 1st Ave - 4 avenues over and 2 blocks south. It's a good ways but with 14 minutes left I got there with 5 to spare. Caught a nice Snorlax with the best move set and 1800+ CP. He's my 3rd but it was still pretty damn cool. Now I had been at CP for 4 + hours and only a Blastoise had spawned anywhere remotely close until Snorlax. As soon as we all get the Snorlax a Dragonite spawns further toward the east side of Manhattan about 4 more blocks south. We all run over and catch it too. Great movie set, 463 CP...

I walked to the subway after run/walking for both of those and there's a bench there made for 2 with 1 lady sitting on it. I ask if she will move her stuff so I can please sit down. She huffs and puffs, stands up and leaves her purse in her seat. I normally just go pokemon in gym clothes looking all haggard but I actually put on a polo and nice shorts tonight to get treated like that lol. New Yorkers... lots of stuck up cunts all over but God Bless the Pokemon people that are cool as hell!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hatched a Magmar with sub 80% IVs and the worst possible moves. Yay....

At least it gave me 26 candy so I can power up the next one a lot.

Cathan

I woke up 630 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. First thing popped in my head was pokemon, Charmander nest, Flushing Meadows Park waaaaaaay up in Queens. I showered last night's funk off and bolted up the highway up there after driving down 5th avenue to hit up all the pokestops for more balls. I caught a bejesus load of Charmanders and evolved a charmander I had named Charmazing cause he is 14 in all 3 stats, got him out of an egg a while back. There's really nothing but Charmanders at Flushing Park but it's so packed with them it just doesn't make sense right there in front of Queens museum. I walked over 7 miles between Charmander spawns this morning. Next time I'll take a bike and get twice as many.

After that I wanted to stop by Roosevelt Island. Lots of Dratini there plus it's a cool place I can drive around to catch them. Soon as I got there BAM 2 Dratinis on the east side just off the bridge, stopped illegally, locked car ate my double quarter pounder walking over to them, back in the car, caught 2 more at the south end of the island, got another one then drove home and crashed for 2 more hours of sleep. Fuck I love Pokemon! I evolved Golem and set Machop as my buddy. CP is good for Abras and just a few blocks south of CP there are a lot of Machop spawns. Lickitung and Lapras will be my nemeses...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hatched a Magmar with sub 80% IVs and the worst possible moves. Yay....

At least it gave me 26 candy so I can power up the next one a lot.

Don't power up Magmar, he's trash. Keep any high IV Magmars you get though because he gains a 3rd stage evolution in Gen 4 and Magmortar looks like it will be quite good if they don't change the CP formula.

Here's my storage list from the other day.

Thought I'd take a stab at a power up/keep/bank list for Go.

Power Up

Venusaur: Good on offense and defense. For offense you want vine whip/solar beam, for defense you want razor leaf and petal blizzard or sludge bomb

Wigglytuff: Good on offense and defense. You want pound/play rough for offense and defense, although hyper beam works too.

Poliwrath: Lousy offense, good defense. Bubble + any charge attack

Victreebell: Good on offense and defense. Razor leaf + any charge on defense, razor leaf + blade/beam on offense.

Slowbro: Ok on offense, good on offense. Confusion + psychic on defense, water gun + psychic on offense.

Exeggutor: Great on offense, good on defense. Confusion + psychic or seed bomb on defense, headbutt + psychic or solar beam on offense.

Lapras: Great on offense and defense. Frost shard on defense, frost breath on offense, anything but dragon pulse for charge move

Vaporeon: Good on offense and defense. Water pulse on defense, hydro pump on offense.

Snorlax: Good on offense, great on defense. Lick + beam/slam on offense, headbutt + beam/slam on defense.

Dragonite: Great on offense and defense. Steel wing/pulse on defense, breath/claw on offense.

Keep (but don't power up)

Blastoise - Pretty much just a weaker vaporeon, gains a mega evolution in gen 6

Clefable - Just a weaker wigglytuff but still usable

Vileplume - Slightly worse than both Venusaur and Victreebell, powering him up isn't a waste but isn't optimal

Arcanine - Best fire pokemon but fire types suck atm

Machamp - Counters Lapras and Snorlax but not very well. Keep if you get a chop/chop one.

Golem - Has some uses on offense against uncommon defenders

Dewgong - Decent Dragonite counter

Cloyster - Weak Dragonite counter

Scyther - Decent Exeggutor counter, gains evolution in Gen 2 then mega evolution in gen 6

Pinsir - Decent Exeggutor counter, gains mega evolution in gen 6

Gyarados - Crappy vaporeon, gains mega evolution in gen 6

Jolteon - Maybe they'll change the CP formula so that Jolteon stops sucking

Flareon - See Jolteon

Porygon - Gains evolutions in Gen 2 and Gen 4

Omastar - surprisingly decent gym defender despite the double grass weakness. Water gun/rock slide

Bank

Charizard - Gains mega evolution in gen 6

Beeddrill - Gains mega evolution in gen 6

Pidgeot - Gains mega evolution in gen 6

Golbat - Gains evolution in gen 2

Alakazam - Gains mega evolution in gen 6

Magneton - Gains evolution in gen 4

Gengar - Gains mega evolution in gen 6

Onix - Gains evolution in gen 2 and mega evolution in gen 6

Lickitung - Gains evolution in gen 4

Rhydon - Gains evolution in gen 4

Chansey - Gains evolution in gen 2

Tangela - Gains evolution in gen 4

Kangaskhan - Gains mega evolution in gen 6

Seadra - Gains evolution in gen 2

Electabuzz - Gains evolution in gen 4

Magmar - Gains evolution in gen 4

Eevee - Gains a new evolution every gen and unevolved Eevees will get harder and harder to catch, so consider banking a bunch of crappy ones just to fill your pokedex.

Aerodactyl - Gains mega evolution in gen 6

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tbh my pokemon are so utter shit that a 100% IV Magmar with the best attacks would be worth powering up.

Cathan

Wth you live Quineloe? Exeggutor was the my first great pokemon and I beat the shit out of gyms with him. After my Dragonite he's still the best tbh but I have 3 of them battle ready.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After thinking about it a bit, I freely admit I'm seriously contemplating spending the winter using an emulator to 'vacation' in California if I'm confident I won't get banned. Here in the Midwest once the first snow comes the ground typically stays icy and unfit for cycling for the majority of the season, which means I won't be able to do shit for like 3 months.