Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nope, just the suburbs. It's not that I get a shitty spawn rate on Pokémon, it's just that 100% of it is the same hot garbage all the time.
Yeah the area around my house is the same shit all the time. Wife and I need to intentionally go to a park, beach etc or all we get is growlithe and manky for days.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my GF would be so happy with growlithe for days.

up to our eyeballs in Sentrets and Ariadoses here in BFE.

looking at the gyms in town, i think only one guy here has a dragonite.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I put my 3300 Dragonite in a level 10 Gym with 6 other 3000+ Dragonites, a 3000 Rhydon, and 2 3000 Blisseys, and the gym was knocked down within an hour.

The downside of living in a big city is that you can't sit in gyms no matter how good your pokemon are. Gyms swap on average every 5 minutes.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i used to see gyms in my town switch hands a lot, but that was before i actually did battles.... just paid attention and bided my time. ever since my GF and i started doing gyms, tho, we've given our team (Valor) the edge in our town... been holding two gyms for three days now.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yesterday I had my 2300ish Scizor last for about 3 hours. That's probably the longest run I've ever had.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I had the delightful experience of taking a gym, putting my 2800 Blissey in it, and then watching a persons frustration when they came up, tried to take it, but timed out without being able to bring it down.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You might be stuck in a shit biome like I was. I have to go to parks/out of my biome in order to catch anything other than Rattata and Pidgey.

I made this map awhile ago, but I'll post it again.

mlvgo2w-jpg.46836

Green areas are parks. I might have missed a few
Blue areas are fresh water waterways.
The grey area is "Urban"
The black area is a deadzone because of the imperial palace.

You can clearly see the pattern of pokemon spawns. You gotta get out of your biome if you want new stuff.

I know you don't play anymore, but I was totally right and you were totally wrong ;)
What if your entire continent is a shit biome!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know you don't play anymore, but I was totally right and you were totally wrong [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)];)[/bcolor]

Yeah I didn't expect Niantic to go full retard and actually let Blissey's HP be so high that fights would time out. I'll consider myself technically right when Blissey gets nerfed in response to player complaints.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I didn't expect Niantic to go full retard and actually let Blissey's HP be so high that fights would time out. I'll consider myself technically right when Blissey gets nerfed in response to player complaints.

If they nerf Blissey they better un-nerf my Lapras. It went from 2750 to 2300. It isn't even that good anymore in it's un-nerfed state.

Already starting to see Tyranitars around here. The only Larvitar I've seen is the "strong" one I hatched.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Two of the five gyms I can see from my home are topped by 3500+ Tyranitars. Others aren't topped by them but some have two of them.

I've only caught two Larvitars, people be cheating yo.

Looks like shiny mons are confirmed in-game. Pics of gold magikarps and red gyrados on reddit today. The hunt never stops.

Last edited:

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This need for a special thing to evolve shit and you can only get it on the seventh day of your pokestop streak is bullshit and is rustling my jimjams.

Sterling

El Presidente
This need for a special thing to evolve shit and you can only get it on the seventh day of your pokestop streak is bullshit and is rustling my jimjams.
I got one from a random stop. So it's not just from the 7 day streak. They're rare as shit though, only gotten the 1 from a non streak stop and that's many hundreds of stops since 2nd gen started.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
for the first time since i started playing, i ran out of revives and potions. someone managed to take down one of our rank 10 gyms finally after more than a week. got it back now, need to stack some better gym defenders i guess.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Caught 3 Lapras today. Each one is like walking 40km to upgrade my 96% Lapras at max level so I'm not complaining.

Just need Larvitar and Snorlax events now, and a double XP so I can use this 4000 Pidgey candy I've been saving.

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
for the first time since i started playing, i ran out of revives and potions. someone managed to take down one of our rank 10 gyms finally after more than a week. got it back now, need to stack some better gym defends i guess.

I saw they took our gyms.

1cf2639c9e79b83be1d44d1c3f132dbb.jpg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users