Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I saw a lot of dudes on community day with a board, a bunch of phones strapped to it and each had one of those auto catch/spin bluetooth devices. Apparently those guys were amateur.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have unfortunately had to be that guy with two phones on more than one occasion. Not for an alt but for my wife when she can't make a 3 hour community day window. Always makes me feel like a dork.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did my first raids today. Is there a reason to keep raid-caught Pokemon that aren't wonders?
They have a better chance at higher IV and a much higher floor for IV (and better chance for shiny I think). Otherwise treat them like normal pokemon. I converted all my non-perfect Registeel because my first one was perfect.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did my first raids today. Is there a reason to keep raid-caught Pokemon that aren't wonders?

It depends on the monster. Some species are so good even the bad ones are worth keeping, mostly the legendaries. For example, a 0% Kyogre has higher ATK/DEF than a 100% Gyarados. Though a 0% raid monster is impossible, the worst you can get is 67% (10/10/10).

If you raid a good lower tier monster (Machamp, Tyranitar, Exeggutor) that has crappy IV, trade it to someone and hope that it becomes lucky. Lucky monsters have the same 10 IV minimum so if you do get a one, you also have a pretty good chance at better IVs than you originally had. If it turns out to have worse stats, transfer it and you ended up with an extra candy.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Caught my Mew today! Holy shit the catch was annoying because it requires AR and he turns "predator" invisible and you can't use any berries, but the unlimited balls was sort of nice.

Now on to the next shitty legendary.

Also, I got another electric dog today from the 7 day streak because I didn't wait until 3pm :(

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Ultra Bonus event going on through Sept. 13-30th. Legendary birds and Mewtwo back in raids, the 4 regional Kanto Pokemon in 7km eggs and increased Kanto spawns. Here's hoping I can hop in some raids on the college campus for some of these. Had to go to a wedding on Moltres day and missed that and I hadn't tried playing during the last chance for the birds.

Ultra Bonus Event - Pokémon GO - Serebii.net

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How did folks even get Mewtwo originally? I probably wasn't around for it, or whatever.
Raid at specific eligible gyms, either in parks or sponsored Sprint/Starbucks locations. Up to 40 people who also beat a raid at that location that week can win an EX Raid Pass for the next raid at that same gym. The pass tells you what day and time the raid takes place and you usually get it a week in advance. It is possible to have multiple passes in your bag at once, and it is possible that they take place in different locations but at the same time. You are eligible for a pass even with a level 1 raid win, so raids at known EX locations are generally worth your time regardless of difficulty.

Even though Mewtwo will have a month of public raids coming up, the EX system is not likely to go away. His shiny form could be available EX-only, or they could add a different (Gen 4) legendary to the EX mechanic and have them locked like Mewtwo has been.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nope, you're stuck with it.

EX system in general is mostly aids with the raids commonly being at like 1PM on weekdays. Who the fuck has time to go do that?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Oh goddamnit, went to do the Espeon evolve today for the Celebi quest. Got the Eevee the needed KM walked, but since I was out at the store and wanted to wait to get home so I could pop an egg and do a bunch of evolutions at once, I swapped the Eevee out for another one to start getting KM for the Umbreon next, not realizing to get the Espeon it still has to be your buddy when you evolve it (I'd already done the name trick earlier, too). RIP that and RIP egg.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
EX system in general is mostly aids with the raids commonly being at like 1PM on weekdays. Who the fuck has time to go do that?

There are usually 3 windows of time for each raid. Latest I've gotten was 3pm. The rest were all 12 or 1 but all of my invites - except one that I was conveniently working from home during - have been on weekends.