Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Took a few pictures of the absolute madness happening in Akihabara in Japan when it comes to pokestops. Literally thousands of people are running around playing pokemon go. I also caught a Pikachu, which was kinda neat.

All the McDonalds here are Gyms too which is good for battling.

3GVV6di.jpg

QWZSNLd.jpg

Xc2hfO9.jpg

OZ52ZPD.jpg

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Just caught this thanks to Pokevision, Casually checked it and saw it a few blocks away, when I got there about 40 asian kids yelling and screaming about it. Was a ??? on my radar, took 5 ultra curve balls to get it. Could hear people screaming cause it ran on them.

rrr_img_137021.jpg

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Total photoshop - nobody is at 100% charge while playing this game haha
I was sitting at my PC when I caught it. I just keep my phone on the charger when not going anywhere.

Well, I'm normally 100% when traveling too - I bought a backpack and a 26800 mAh Anker battery pack. Easy charging too.

Nice. Name it Rainer before you evolve it to get a vaporeon. Can only do that once.
I already did that, so praying to RNJesus when I get 25 candies. I'll post the finished pokemon anyways

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah I had one run from me after escaping a single ball. Is this new? I noticed an update note today, and yesterday a Pidgeot let me throw a hundred balls at it until I had finally caught it

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yeah I had one run from me after escaping a single ball. Is this new? I noticed an update note today, and yesterday a Pidgeot let me throw a hundred balls at it until I had finally caught it
It's all random. Was it literally a hundred balls? Or more like 8?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the Rainer renaming trick. I evolved my own Vaporeon this morning after I noticed an Eevee around the corner from my house.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Or cheaters willing to go to Japan? Is the game international in that a US based account can go anywhere in the world the game is released and collect pokemon and take over gyms regardless of where their account is based?
The latter. The game is still not released in France (due to Nice) for example, but there's a quite a few people who have switched App Store or downloaded the APK for droid.
Are they planning on releasing any new regions in the next couple weeks? I look forward to the game being stable.
France is next, but no one knows truly when. There's about two rumors a day that "it's releasing today" "at 17:00!!!" but nope.

(all the rest of Europe is now officially released)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just caught this thanks to Pokevision, Casually checked it and saw it a few blocks away, when I got there about 40 asian kids yelling and screaming about it. Was a ??? on my radar, took 5 ultra curve balls to get it. Could hear people screaming cause it ran on them.
Jesus, did you catch it with 2k CP, or did you power it up?

fris

Vyemm Raider
these pics from japan do make me jelly. there's 1 stop in my neighborhood, just a few streets over. the next closest one is about 2 miles? gyms at least 3. thanks to pokevision, i can see where spawn points are though and nabbed a few rares. there's 3 spawns i can get from inside my house, so i just refresh that site randomly. most homes don't have anything, so could be worst. there's 1 house w/ 6 spawns on it.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone wants to come to Japan, I'd be happy to show them around! We can totally go catch pokemon together. No homo.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd be careful throwing out blanket invites. You might wake up with Tanoomba or Wooliegimp hovering over you, watching you sleep.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's all random. Was it literally a hundred balls? Or more like 8?
literally. I missed and missed and missed, then my wife missed and missed and missed. We were standing there for two cycles of the light, missing the damn thing and it took three hits to capture it for good.

I went to the wrong neighborhood today, a pure residential area built for GIs in the 50s with zero landmarks and everything.

BnB1T2j.png

Not a single pokestop anywhere near. Whole area, nothing. It's not just a rural problem.

North of the big street is where the older part of the town starts, and it's a pokestop every 10-20m.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reddit clued me in to a great park about 20 minutes from me. Took my son there this morning. We caught a few Charmanders, beat a few gyms and he was happy. I'll have to go on my own to get some serious Poking done.