Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone found any reliable dratini dens yet? There's an ice rink by me that seems to spawn 1-2 of them pretty regularly, but it's gonna be a long road to farm the 40 of them or whatever I'll need.

RE: Tuco, it just keeps getting harder to catch shit. I'm 26 now and most of my rattata/pidgeys spawn in the 300+ range and typically waste multiple balls to finally catch.
Not sure about Chicago, but LA has a few. The one I used was Barnhill park (NE of La Brea). There's another one somewhere in Long Beach I think that has Squirtles and Dratinis (or maybe it was Bulbasaurs and Dratinis?).

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ive seen about 20 farfetched around my house so far.

Caught 6 magmar in this park. Hundreds of people here.

Hit level 20 and hatched 10km into an eevee, hope it's good

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it makes you feel better, magmar is a bad pokemon. Water mons are OP atm.
It's not just the magmar, it's the endless field of dratinis he posted the other day. Also, fire types are the best attackers for normal type hp sponges if you don't have a machamp.

Injured in the line of pokeduty btw.

kxJSrz6.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like running is one of the most frustrating game mechanics I've ever seen, in the context of how this game works. I'd rather throw 50 balls at something than have it run. It's really just like a giant kick in the nuts when you finally track something down.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Found a dratini nest in Chicago finally, up to just over 70 candies. Might make it to a dragonite today if things keep up like this.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Phew started to rain so I made it back. Ended up with 9 Magmar, most over 1000cp. Also hatched a bunch of eggs. Time to get my Vaporeon up and running too.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a small dratini nest at the museum of natural history in Philly. There's also I think a spawn or two just northwest of the art museum. DNC going on now so fat fucking chance I go back there for a bit, but, yeah. I've also seen the random rare dratini in EXTREMELY populated spots along the waterfront (like when 100+ people are congregated). Think I'm at low 60s candies now...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I saw a dratini in my tiny ass town a couple days after I started playing, but it was over on the south side and I didn't have my bike aired back up yet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They do tend to show up on waterfronts yea. Walking the beach path in Chicago you can usually see a couple per hour.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
All this talk of eggs, has anyone figured out the best way to actually make the app track your movement yet? Especially if you're biking it around. The weather is almost tolerable a little bit here some of these days and finally have my bike back so there's potential to put a little more energy into this nonsense.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nintendo investor gaffe

Days after Nintendo's stock market value hit a record high due to the success of Pok?mon Go, shares have plummeted after the company reminded new investors that it had no role in the game's development, and will not see significant profits from its release.

The revelation led to Nintendo's stock losing $6.7 billion in value over the weekend as opportunistic investors shed their recently purchased shares.
I think someone in this thread mentioned how much money Nintendo must be making.

Over the past week, investors failed to realize that The Pokémon Company - not Nintendo - was responsible for funding, licensing, and greenlighting Pokémon Go, entitling it to the bulk of profits. Nintendo noted in a wake-up call to investors over the weekend that it will see very little of the revenue generated by Pokémon Go reflected in its financial forecast.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Where? The only one that I have heard of is in Cicero...And F that.
I'm at the park in Cicero. They are definitely here, but yea it's a bit of a hike (gotta drive basically) and I doubt I'd stay here past dark.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
All this talk of eggs, has anyone figured out the best way to actually make the app track your movement yet? Especially if you're biking it around. The weather is almost tolerable a little bit here some of these days and finally have my bike back so there's potential to put a little more energy into this nonsense.
The only semi-reliable way of getting tracked on a bike is slowing down. I bike to work a couple days a week, 9 miles one way, and I only get credit for around 2km on my eggs. It is better than nothing, but I would gladly take 50% of my biking at any speed vs having to walk / run.