Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
people still play this shit?

remember when Tuco Tuco got mad at me over this

It's actually one of the better mobile games now. It was absolute garbage when it first came out once the novelty factor wore off.

They added a shit ton of stuff to make it feel like an actual game. NPC Battles (Team GO Rocket), PVP Battles, better ways of sorting by / displaying IVs and special pokemon, and it has an entire metagame for the Go Battle League.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I just happened to see some in-game content rewards through Prime Gaming and loaded it up. I may have popped it open less than 5 times since 2016 but quite surprised how the game has progressed. It's unfortunate that at the time the wave came much quicker than they could grasp but they have done a great job with it fast forwarding several years.

They have something no other game really has is they can release (or re-release) a Pokemon game and folks get interested again in all things Pokemon. As Secretes said, it's come a long way and feels like a game. Much more to do, much more polished, and still has the feel from how it started.

Friend Code: 6344 5616 0200

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've started playing this while walking my dog recently. Basically just need to do the stuff with gifts/raids.

0957 8703 0619

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
My boys, 10 and 12 just got into this. I'm thrilled cause it gets them outside. I reopened my account that I hadn't touched in years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My boys, 10 and 12 just got into this. I'm thrilled cause it gets them outside. I reopened my account that I hadn't touched in years.
I'm glad you got something for your kids to try to do outside, but man, there are lot better options out there.

Go take them out fishing, then they can catch something that's important. Land a monster for a lifetime photo, or catch a bunch of keepers for dinner, and have a great family afternoon cooking together.

There's all kinds of different species of fish, and some are harder to catch then others. Not trying to bust your balls, but there are a lot of other wonderful ways to get your kids outside, and unfortunately, I think it applies to most of us adults, too.

Anyways, at least you've got something you can do with your kids and have fun, just saying there might be other options that you might find infinitely more enjoyable. 😉

• 1Seriously?

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
thanks dad!

my boys are in ymca basketball and baseball, and after work I typically take them to the neighborhood pool or the trampoline park where they have memberships. they're active, but w/o encouragement they will stare at a screen for 18 hours a day. pokemongo gives them a reason to go outside during the day while i work from home vs youtube or minecraft all day. i have 50/50 custody, so it's a challenge to build habits when their mother is an aspiring youtube influencer.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Niantic just laid off 25% of the company triggering the Warn Act. Roughly 230 people.

Some highlights

- Company is steering away from gaming and focusing on their AR technology

- Closing down the LA studio

- Sunsetting NBA All-World which was released Jan 2023. No one is playing it for obvious reasons.

- Canning the game that licensed the Marvel IP which has been in development for 4 years. Marvel is fucking pissed because the release of the game was all about time to market. They missed the boat.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
“The top priority is to keep Pokémon GO healthy and growing as a forever game. While we made some adjustments to the Pokémon GO team, our investment in the product and team continues to grow.” – John Hanke

That is a lie. John wants to get out of gaming. He’s not a gamer and he is 100% behind all the shit decisions that have been implemented.