Pokemon Unite

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's a free to play Pokemon MOBA on Switch which released a few days ago.

I've been playing it and really enjoying it.

Pokemon fit into roles like in DoTA/LoL, Melee/Ranged Attacker, Defender, Speedster/Jungler and Support.

It's 5v5 but a different playstyle, only two lanes, no friendly creeps and no offensive towers.

You get points for killing neutral creeps which are stored on your pokemon, you either "score" by going to the enemy tower or you get killed and your opponent gets most of the points.

Your towers buff your defence if you stand on them, spawn healing powerups and slow enemies that walk behind them. They despawn once a certain number of points have been scored on them.

So you need to balance killing creeps, attacking the enemy tower to score and defending your own tower. Or as Jungler you kill creeps with powerups then go gank someone or join a teamfight.

One great feature if that people can't feed, because if you die without any points there's no benefit other than putting you in a respawn cooldown. This makes games much more interactive as a team can come from behind to win more easily.

There's no in match items, items you level up and equip before matches. There's the usual cosmetics too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's a little pay-to-win with the item upgrades, but it's fun. Maxed items only make a difference of a few hits damage / few seconds of travel time etc but that would all add up if you're playing ranked with a paid squad vs a free one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's a little pay-to-win with the item upgrades, but it's fun. Maxed items only make a difference of a few hits damage / few seconds of travel time etc but that would all add up if you're playing ranked with a paid squad vs a free one.
I don't think it's too bad. I have a lv20 and two lv10 items free to play. So people who paid only have three lv20 items, really it just gives them more choice in what they play short term.