Feien

Ploppers
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Poker Face

Genre: Mystery, Crime

First aired: 2023-01-26

Creator: Rian Johnson

Cast: Natasha Lyonne

Overview: This mystery-of-the-week series follows Charlie Cale, who has an extraordinary ability to determine when someone is lying. She hits the road with her Plymouth Barracuda and with every stop encounters a new cast of characters and strange crimes she can’t help but solve.

Feien

Ploppers
Watched the first episode. Good stuff, surprising this is on Peacock and not one of the other major streamers.

spronk

FPS noob
is the theme song Lady Gaga's Poker Face?

its based on Columbo etc old TV murder/mystery, Rian Johnson loves that shit and wanted to do it. reminds me of how WandaVision came around cuz Feige loves 60s sitcoms

The bizarre thing is Peacock dropped 4 episodes today, this is the perfect show to do 1 week at a time but Peacock really wants people to pay attention to them i guess

faille

Molten Core Raider
Not much of a mystery. I picked the killer in the first 10 min!

Seriously though, I did like the twist at the end.
I also like the Burn Notice and Encyclopedia Brown references, two of my personal favourites

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Damn it, this looks like something the wife will like. Now I'll have to watch it.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
The writing on this is top notch and is pretty damn funny. The dog in the third episode was fucking great.

Feien

Ploppers
Watched the other 3 episodes. Good writing that doesn't take itself too seriously. Wouldn't say TV's best but pretty funny modern day Columbo

velk

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty fun. I like that the MC is kind of an idiot; Sherlock Holmes this chick is not.

It makes it more relatable I guess.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Watched Episode 1. So is this going to be like kung fu or the hulk where she goes town to town every week taking on odd jobs and helping strangers solve problems? If so, I'm in 100%.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Watched Episode 1. So is this going to be like kung fu or the hulk where she goes town to town every week taking on odd jobs and helping strangers solve problems? If so, I'm in 100%.
Yes

• 1Mother of God

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Renewed for season 2.

Watched the first few episodes and its a pretty fun show so far.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not much of a mystery. I picked the killer in the first 10 min!

Seriously though, I did like the twist at the end.
I also like the Burn Notice and Encyclopedia Brown references, two of my personal favourites

Burn Notice was a great popcorn, shut your mind off show. USA used to have a really good formula with shows that were just entertaining and didn't take themselves too seriously.

Encyclopedia Brown was my entire childhood. I read all of them countless times.

Guess I'm gonna have to watch this show, when I previously had no plans to.

Thanks for contributing to me wasting valuable moments of my life watching TV.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Burn Notice was a great popcorn, shut your mind off show. USA used to have a really good formula with shows that were just entertaining and didn't take themselves too seriously.

Encyclopedia Brown was my entire childhood. I read all of them countless times.

Guess I'm gonna have to watch this show, when I previously had no plans to.

Thanks for contributing to me wasting valuable moments of my life watching TV.

Yeah the whole Burn Notice, Psych, Monk line up (with something else I'm also forgetting) was just good TV. We recently did a Psych rewatch around the last movie coming out, need to do that with Burn Notice.

• 1Like

Khane

White Collar was another good one

• 1Like

Khane

Suits also. That show had Donna, and one of the funniest scenes I've ever watched in a TV show. Louis Litt pretending to be Harvey

Actually, Suits was so good the worst character on the entire show married into the Royal Family and subsequently destroyed them.

• 1Like

Homsar

This is entertaining enough that I look forward to Thursdays, the latest episode was great but mainly because Nick Nolte can kill it

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Same. Looking forward to each episode, they've done a good job with casting each one and I'm enjoying what it is.

Homsar

I knew it was based on someone like Harryhausen. Should have known it was Phil Tippen.

Screenshot_2023-02-25-18-23-52-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Homsar

Newest episode was some good entertainment. Diego from Umbrella Academy really showed some acting chops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the latest episode of this was a lot of fun. Some eps have been dull but most have been enjoyable.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database